Toast Chad ****ing Wingard

Remove this Banner Ad

This kid is a star, and going to be the next big thing in the comp I feel.It was laughable at times with people calling for him to be dropped.He had a shocker for 3 quarters in the prelim loss then nearly turned the game in the last.I f he gets a bigger tank his move onto the ball is going to be frightening for the entire comp.Also his marketing capacity is unreal, the kids love him, which is worth a hell of a lot.Cannot wait to see what he becomes one of a rare few players that has me speechless at times with what he can do, only others I've seen with that freakish talent up forward are Buddy, Darren Jarman, Gary Ablett senior, Carey.If Chad ends up half as good as any of them it will be a hell lf a ride with him for us.

Have to put Gray in that boat now. Another poster on here put together a Gray highlights package (apologies for no shout out as I can't remember in which thread I saw it) and it was globetrotter-esk.

Great having 2 FREAKS in the team

Have to put Gray in that boat now. Another poster on here put together a Gray highlights package (apologies for no shout out as I can't remember in which thread I saw it) and it was globetrotter-esk.

You could watch a montage of him slipping tackles this year and it would do it for me. Sometimes he would be tackled by 2-3 players and then he does some sort of ninja spin and he just trots off as if no one is there. At least with Wingard you can sort of see how he does it (even though it is freaky), but with some of Gray's work it looks like he gas gone full Jedi on them and they just dive out the way, or tackle like their feeling around for a light switch late at night.

You could watch a montage of him slipping tackles this year and it would do it for me. Sometimes he would be tackled by 2-3 players and then he does some sort of ninja spin and he just trots off as if no one is there. At least with Wingard you can sort of see how he does it (even though it is freaky), but with some of Gray's work it looks like he gas gone full Jedi on them and they just dive out the way, or tackle like their feeling around for a light switch late at night.
LOL ... had to laugh at your analogies ... but SO true!!!

lol ... I'd say there's a fair amount of the Force at work in both of them tbh

Chad is a champion in the making. Potentially best player I have ever watched live for natural ability. Only player I compare him too is akermanis. Aker could destroy teams in a burst, like Chad.

Exactly the player I've compared him to in the past.

Some old timers may also see this, I reckon Chad plays like Andy Porplycia ... He's better than Andy ever was ... but the way he moves & stuff he does, I can see a resemblance.

This kid is a star, and going to be the next big thing in the comp I feel.It was laughable at times with people calling for him to be dropped.He had a shocker for 3 quarters in the prelim loss then nearly turned the game in the last.I f he gets a bigger tank his move onto the ball is going to be frightening for the entire comp.Also his marketing capacity is unreal, the kids love him, which is worth a hell of a lot.Cannot wait to see what he becomes one of a rare few players that has me speechless at times with what he can do, only others I've seen with that freakish talent up forward are Buddy, Darren Jarman, Gary Ablett senior, Carey.If Chad ends up half as good as any of them it will be a hell lf a ride with him for us.
Apart from two periods in 2012, one where he had 3 games in a row with 6, 9, 6 possessions and one of 4 games in a row with 6, 13, 6, 6 possessions I can't see anywhere this would come up. Although I do know how impatient a lot of people can be. And in 2012 the first thing that would come up would be changes for the next week, some posters asking for a minimum of 4-5 changes.
But since the first few games in 2013 I can't believe that anyone would have wanted Chad to be dropped for any reason other than injury. I recall a few people wanted him to be rested after the Melbourne game where he was taken off with an injury. Especially as the next game was St Kilda at AO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wingardium_leviosa_caption_zpsvrbv2fxl.gif~original

Browsing the Bulldogs forum, holy s**t they hate Wingard.
Dont know where he gets the "selfish" tag from he passes off 50/50 goals all the time to a better option.
His mind works quicker than most. He is able to see pretty much as soon as he gets the ball what will be the best option. And the truth is that when you have a direct shot on goal that even if there is someone in a better position the best option is the first; sometimes you can try to be too cute and defenders are a lot quicker than most forwards expect. And no-one was calling Matty White selfish when he snapped a goal instead of handballing to Monfries in the goalsquare. Of course not, as he had the kick under control but if he had tried the handball he could have muffed it a bit and it could have been spoilt through.

wingard is not that good. remember that junk time goal?

What i love about that....is that last goal most 19 year olds would be s***ting themselves ....looking to pass.....Chad just has the look of get f***ed i marked it and no else is going to take this moment off me....

kids a freak...... the kid...is ....a ....freak...

Well Hamish Hartlett said Robbie Gray and Chad Wingard are perfectly in sync. in the forward line and they just know where each is going to be.
The way they both can read the game, it feels like they’re a step ahead of everyone else. Each one knows what the other is going to do and if a little pocket of space opens up Chad can anticipate that Robbie is going to run into it, and vice versa.
Three Port Adelaide goals in four minutes. Gray to Wingard, goal. Gray to Wingard, goal. And, to mix it up, Wingard to Gray, goal
Well if that means we have 2 freaks in our team .. I love it ........

Last edited:
What i love about that....is that last goal most 19 year olds would be s***ting themselves ....looking to pass.....Chad just has the look of get f***ed i marked it and no else is going to take this moment off me....

kids a freak...... the kid...is ....a ....freak...

I was 42 when he took that kick and I was s***ting myself

Remove this Banner Ad

Back