Toast Chad ****ing Wingard

Remove this Banner Ad

Chad needs to squeeze the best contract he can out of Port. He will probably have 2 mega contracts during his career and the next one will be one of those.

His 'just a business' comment' was the first stage of that process.

Link to interview, not sure if it'd the whole thing: (starts about half way through)

He says "hopefully port and I can come to an agreement" or something to that affect, seems clear that he doesn't want to go anywhere.

You pr*ck. I had to sit through 3 mins of how the Crows have unlocked the premiership formula in order to see the Wingard non story.

what a non story..

nightly news is entertainment and how many people stayed on C7 waiting for the story to be aired? win to C7!!!

but really, what is wrong with what he said anyway? people need to let go of this notion that players won't leave out of loyalty. The AFL is a business, the way the AFL and players wanted it to be, and our game is turning into a bona fide professional sport inclusive of both the good and the bad.

To borrow some vernacular from Chads favorite sport, he is a franchise player and will get paid what he needs to get paid. No way in HELL would the PAFC consider losing him - obvious talents aside, he is highly marketable.

credit to Ricciuto though, he tried to start a spot fire to divert attention away from the HUGE media frenzy that will be accompany their last minor round game.

He also said 'Like I said' before re answering the same question. Wonder why seven didn't use his first response?

They're already putting out little feelers. I hope its not another year of crap like the Boak stuff.

Funnily enough 3aw today apparently ran the story (Mick Warner?) that hawthorn up to their necks in Dangerfield. (I wonder if they entered head or feet first)

the Dangerfield to Hawks scenario seems to be getting some legs however all the Hawks supporters I know aren't keen on the idea.

Malibu - your avatar freaks the hell out of me every time!

He also said 'Like I said' before re answering the same question. Wonder why seven didn't use his first response?

that's the media for you!

he could have spent the whole interview laughing his head off at the thought of leaving but the media used what they thought would be useful for their business.

You pr*ck. I had to sit through 3 mins of how the Crows have unlocked the premiership formula in order to see the Wingard non story.

The first thing the crowd need to do is learn to beat a top 4 side. We have won more games v top 4 sides this year than they have in the last 3 years combined. Crows are simply good at beating up on good side but always struggle against top 8 sides.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory last time he did his contract he didn't consult his manager properly. He's no doubt be schooled up about that.
Happy for the Chad to paid well, he bloody deserves it and he deserves to be a one club player at a club who loves him and who he loves too.

Gotta love this pissant state, Wingard to fly with Hawks... That soundbite is some amateur level bullshit from Roo & Ditts.

wingard.jpg

I refuse to believe this until I read about it in Womans Day :rolleyes:

that's the media for you!

he could have spent the whole interview laughing his head off at the thought of leaving but the media used what they thought would be useful for their business.
This is why I always check out any clips the club puts up of full interviews, press conferences etc. rather than rely on the carefully selected snippets that the media feed us to support their agenda.

I'm not worried at all.

Ofcourse Wines and Wingard will demand big contracts. We just need to manage them. That's what good teams have to do. We're not the basket case on and off the field we were 5 years ago, and players aren't going to walk out to other teams just because they come calling.

Wingard to Hawthorn is ******* ridiculous at this stage of his career.

We'll be fine.

Listen to todays rush hour podcast, tredders will lay all your fears to rest.

Port have budgeted for wines and wingard to give them the pay rise they deserve.
Wingard loves the footy club.
Doesnt want to leave his family, heads back to murray bridge any chance he gets, lots of foster brithers and sisters thts hes extremely close to, family and friends matter the most to the Chad.
Port will reward him suitably.

I have no clue how port could not afford to keep both Wines and Wingard!! Who the farrrk are we paying overs too???? We don't have that many stars for *s sake

These players I assume are the highest paid... (In no order)

Patty Ryder

Travis boak

Robbie Gray

Who the * else are we paying over 500 grand for... Surely no one.

Lobbe doesn't deserve it even based on 2014 form. Neither does ebert, Hartlett, westhoff or Polec!! And they are our next best rated players.

Unless we are paying everyone on our list too much we should have heaps of money to secure wingard and wines! They are clearly the future of this club... In my opinion they are already both top 3 players at the club!

Unless our club is managed by a * I'm sure we will have the money for them. If we don't, cut other players. Wingard and wines types don't come around this easily!

I think this story is ******* bullshit!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back