Society & Culture Challenging a 'Drunk in a Public Place' fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of the time if you are ******* in a public place and are slightly coherent the cops will try snd contact a friend or family member to pick you up.
If you aren't, they have a duty of care to get you off the street where you might not be of threat to anyone, but someone may be a threat to you.
If youre all alone and your friends have left you and your legless you should be locked up for 4 hours for your own safety.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

an american mate of mine was walking up the freeway and the cops picked him up and drove him 5km home.

geez, we live in a good country (most of the time).

Hi Geelong sicko
I enjoyed my night at a nightclub last night when I went outside and was very drunk and passing out in a lane way. Thankfully the police were there to take me back to the CBD station and I was detained for 2 hours, had a lovely chat with my cell mate lol! Mind you, I was not cuffed and one officer had his hand on my shoulder when puttin me in the bus and I was completely cooperative. I didn't cause any fuss and say quietly and peacefully in the van and cell. 2 hours later and my folks have come to pick me up and the desk guy hands me out his penalty. 577 bucks. Yep. What a ******* joke. How do you go about fighting this, that fine is something incredible.

20 years ago, I picked up a similar fine for pinching a female copper on the arse whilst drunk (me not her).

In all my years drinking I've never been arrested. Until Saturday night. So now I've got a fine for nearly six hundred dollars. The desk sergeant said I could write a letter
asking for the fine to be struck out due to my clean record. Has anyone else got any experience with this kind of thing?

Hey mate I just received the exact same thing on the weekend Iv written my letter I was just unsure on where to send it ? What address did you use I was done in Geelong if that changes anything

Hey guys, a bit late to the party, but something sort of similar happened to me last sunday morning. I had a dispute with the manager of a popular King St night club because the bartender gave me incorrect change (I am 100% certain of this part of the story). I was fairly unhappy with how this was getting treated, and eventually get kicked out because I kept arguing with him (not over the top, but quite firm). I linger in the area and try to get back in, only to be intercepted by the bouncer. I talk to him outlining why I was unhappy, again firmly but not over the top, and after a few minutes where I refused to leave, he calls a group of cops over and I am questioned. My memory is a little hazy at this point- I definitely had too much to drink- but while being upset, I remember complying fully with the police. One asks for my licence and takes, and the other tells me it is probably best if I catch a cab home, which I do.

I did not receive an on-the-spot infringement notice, but should I be expecting one in the mail? I read that the fine is the same as for the other cases here for 'being drunk in a public place'. I do not specifically remember being told I was being fined (or cautioned), but they did take my details before sending me on my way. If fined, how long would it take to come via the post?

Just for the record, I was picked up by a divvy van when I was 17 and driven home. My details were taken on that occasion too, but it was just a warning I believe. Could this come into it?

Hey guys, a bit late to the party, but something sort of similar happened to me last sunday morning. I had a dispute with the manager of a popular King St night club because the bartender gave me incorrect change (I am 100% certain of this part of the story). I was fairly unhappy with how this was getting treated, and eventually get kicked out because I kept arguing with him (not over the top, but quite firm). I linger in the area and try to get back in, only to be intercepted by the bouncer. I talk to him outlining why I was unhappy, again firmly but not over the top, and after a few minutes where I refused to leave, he calls a group of cops over and I am questioned. My memory is a little hazy at this point- I definitely had too much to drink- but while being upset, I remember complying fully with the police. One asks for my licence and takes, and the other tells me it is probably best if I catch a cab home, which I do.

I did not receive an on-the-spot infringement notice, but should I be expecting one in the mail? I read that the fine is the same as for the other cases here for 'being drunk in a public place'. I do not specifically remember being told I was being fined (or cautioned), but they did take my details before sending me on my way. If fined, how long would it take to come via the post?

Just for the record, I was picked up by a divvy van when I was 17 and driven home. My details were taken on that occasion too, but it was just a warning I believe. Could this come into it?

No chance of being fined

Remove this Banner Ad

Back