Change vs Melb

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a no brainer. If Lids is fit, Lids in, Knights out. If Lids isn't fit, then Foley in, Knights out. I say Foley as you just know Lennon and other players won't be played ahead of him.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Bach has been pretty good. Doesn't rack it up but solid shut down player, physical and good disposal.

He's been ok and I like him but I'm not sure we need him with Astbury back.... I'd rather more run and dash. I think Lennon can provide it. I will not be calling for blood though if Batch stays in, I like his hardness at the footy though and I really want to see him take another step forward.

Out: Knights (inj), Batch (form)

In: Lennon, Lids

Lennon to replace Knights and the role he plays.
Lids to replace Batch - we need more pace and line breaking from half back.

Last edited:
Out: Knights (inj)
In: Deledio* (Lennon)

Keep it simple, don't need to make too many changes to a winning side even though there were a number of guys who weren't great. Wouldn't be surprised to see them bring Ty back in and try the 3 talls again this game as well

Batch is one of our only players in defense that blocks, unless he's injured or you replace him with a better defender he's not going out of the team. The only one you could replace him with is Dea and he's just come back from a hamstring injury so lacking heaps of match conditioning, which showed in his output during the VFL game Saturday.

Deledio if fit comes in for Knights, Lennon or McDonough comes in for Gordon for a spell in the VFL, Lennon and McDonough if Deledio isn't fit. Another option is elevate and play Short for Gordon.

Last year we kicked 9 goals 20 behinds, with even more inside 50's cut off due to long bombs being marked by Howe. We need class delivering the ball inside our forward line which Lennon and McDonough both bring.

Batch is one of our only players in defense that blocks, unless he's injured or you replace him with a better defender he's not going out of the team. The only one you could replace him with is Dea and he's just come back from a hamstring injury so lacking heaps of match conditioning, which showed in his output during the VFL game Saturday.

Deledio if fit comes in for Knights, Lennon or McDonough comes in for Gordon for a spell in the VFL, Lennon and McDonough if Deledio isn't fit. Another option is elevate and play Short for Gordon.

Last year we kicked 9 goals 20 behinds, with even more inside 50's cut off due to long bombs being marked by Howe. We need class delivering the ball inside our forward line which Lennon and McDonough both bring.

Yeah I'm not big on the talk of Batch getting dropped, he does a lot of things that don't show up on the stat sheet. He rarely gets beaten and is one of, if not the most aggressive player in our side. Don't get me wrong, plenty of room for improvement, I think he needs to mould his game on someone like Ben Stratton.

Just on Dea also... He won't make it. Usually I'm not one to write off players, but he believes it himself from what I have heard. He was never a footy player, basketball was his thing, was surprised to get picked up. His role requires him to have a high footy IQ, which he doesn't have. Wants to become a cop and believes he will be delisted at years end.

While its neither here nor there Foley is done as best 22 and really has been for 2 years (Along with Newman). He has lost his pace and his best position is an in and under player. He is behind Cotchin and Miles for that position, plus doesn't have the flexibility of Edwards, Martin, Lids, Vlastuin, Conca, Grigg, McIntosh and Ellis to play in other spots while moving into the stoppages when required.

The problem last week is we replaced our best two line breaking creative high half forwards with Petterd a great mark but workman like player and lambert a first game player yet to really cement himself at this level.

This week we got Edwards back and it showed how much we missed that line breaking ability and unpredictability.

Lennon is a very clever player especially up forward, is very good over head and provides a lot more flexibility and point of difference to Foley. He is also extremely creative by foot and as he plays more people will notice by hand.

Anyway hopefully lids is back.
Terrific post worth double the likes bc its honest facts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm not big on the talk of Batch getting dropped, he does a lot of things that don't show up on the stat sheet. He rarely gets beaten and is one of, if not the most aggressive player in our side. Don't get me wrong, plenty of room for improvement, I think he needs to mould his game on someone like Ben Stratton.

Just on Dea also... He won't make it. Usually I'm not one to write off players, but he believes it himself from what I have heard. He was never a footy player, basketball was his thing, was surprised to get picked up. His role requires him to have a high footy IQ, which he doesn't have. Wants to become a cop and believes he will be delisted at years end.
Well once you reach that mindset then that's basically it, sad to hear it though since I liked him :(

If he was a decent basketballer and had a good basketball IQ the transition to footy is simple. Much much much more complex game is basketball.
Sad he doesn't think he'll make it. Thought he always showed a bit when he played. Probably for him there just isn't really a spot to claim in the 1sts. Bad timing and a bit unlucky.
Tend to agree on him being delisted at years end.
Also in Lids, out Knights. Lennon in if Lids isn't fit. Maybe even Lennon or McDonough for Lloyd.

TV cannot possibly get a game just on attitude and commitment alone. He's lazy ,argumentative and disinterested , but shxt why am I telling you all this as we already know it????:D
Dea well he had a shocker yesterday aNd will struggle to get a game again. TV 29 above seems to verify it
s**t I hope he doesn't drop the pistol if he's on duty;)

If he was a decent basketballer and had a good basketball IQ the transition to footy is simple. Much much much more complex game is basketball.
Sad he doesn't think he'll make it. Thought he always showed a bit when he played. Probably for him there just isn't really a spot to claim in the 1sts. Bad timing and a bit unlucky.
Tend to agree on him being delisted at years end.
Also in Lids, out Knights. Lennon in if Lids isn't fit. Maybe even Lennon or McDonough for Lloyd.

Yeah he was more than a decent basketballer, very good. I was more regarding the IQ in regards to the position he has been required to play, that 3rd man up, rebounding defender. These players are some of the smartest players in the AFL imo. Whilst I agree that basketball is much more complex, those skills you learn playing through juniors/seniors up until you get drafted is where you build that IQ from. He had only played a handful of footy games before being picked up, wasn't even close to being the best player in his school footy team, in a team that wasn't even the best in the town. He got drafted on the back of those basketball attributes that relate to footy, but i guess that wasn't enough.

Yeah he was more than a decent basketballer, very good. I was more regarding the IQ in regards to the position he has been required to play, that 3rd man up, rebounding defender. These players are some of the smartest players in the AFL imo. Whilst I agree that basketball is much more complex, those skills you learn playing through juniors/seniors up until you get drafted is where you build that IQ from. He had only played a handful of footy games before being picked up, wasn't even close to being the best player in his school footy team, in a team that wasn't even the best in the town. He got drafted on the back of those basketball attributes that relate to footy, but i guess that wasn't enough.
He's a better shutdown player, like Batch's role
I think McIntosh and Lennon have gone past Dea for the role he would be playing in Seniors

The hammer's been in good form

Shaun+Hampson+VFL+Rd+1+Coburg+v+Richmond+vxEjBQ5EcSml.jpg

We had a 13 goal win, I'm not seeing a lot of changes.

Out: Knights (sob)
In: Lids/Lennon/Cellis/McDonough - listed in order of preference, especially as I'm not sure Cellis is up to a game yet after interupted pre season. We can afford to give Lids another week off if he's not 100% (maybe half a game in the magoos)

Need to perform:
Morris - love his energy/pressure, but not sure it's enough to makeup for the liability his skills represent.
Gordon - Played Lloyds role last night, but not as well, for me he's either a run all day wingman or nothing, and for that he's behind Bellis & McIntosh.
Newman - Last night was probably his best game in a while, but it was one that convinced me it time to go and 'guide the reserves'. His best just isn't damaging enough, so unless he's providing an awful lot of the 'unseen' benefits (leadership, on field direction/general, etc), it's getting very close to time.
The more I think about it, I do think Gordo can play Lloyds role, as he does crumb goals, take marks and kick goals(has that knack all end of last season and this), and can provide run thru the middle. Lloyd can be smarter but ultimately the same effect.

Never said a positive thing about us and reckons we easy p

Last year the Dees were not a very good side but blew us off the park like Doggies,Norf do regardless of ladder position.
Great win last night and I really hope we lift to another notch this week.
Whilst we lost fair and square last year, we lost the dees game because we kicked 20 points. Agree we got done out of the middle with a scrap fest, but if we kicked 3 goals odd more we win. Terrible kicking for goal that game, so I wouldn't call it blew us off the park. The doggies game I would agree.

Lennon is ready imo.

My heart goes out to Knights.[/QU
Whilst we lost fair and square last year, we lost the dees game because we kicked 20 points. Agree we got done out of the middle with a scrap fest, but if we kicked 3 goals odd more we win. Terrible kicking for goal that game, so I wouldn't call it blew us off the park. The doggies game I would agree.
Agree with the goal kicking but our intensity was down also.
Anyway,we know Richmond can beat anyone when the good Richmond shows up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back