Preview Changes and discussion vs GWS. Round 23, 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last hurrah for the season, as well as for Gia. We should beat them, but nothing is a given. We'll need to improve on our last couple of weeks.

Also Koby Stevens' 50th game.

Been in the camp that's completely against the whole "every win is just getting us a worse pick" argument. But honestly a win here means nothing and it is probably better for the future to lose tbh and be a really good chance for Wright at pick 4 or 5 (before Carlton and is it true maybe even Brissy could sneak ahead of us? Haven't seen the ladder in a while, it's too depressing)

In saying that though I'd prefer to go watch us thrash GWS for Gia and to give us at least some sort of confidence going into the offseason.

Apart from it being Gia's farewell, this is a match that shouldn't be played. We are cooked after a tough season, and yet we are probable favourites. We have more interest in the exploits of our VFL side than our AFL side from here on in. We have a gun KPF to lose in the draft (maybe) so we are conflicted before we even set foot on the field. If we win, meh. If we lose, people will say we tanked (despite GWS's improving form). And who's to say they are wrong? There's on-field tanking, MC tanking, medical room tanking and all sorts of semi-legal, semi-ethical but questionable ways of approaching such a game. I hate it all.

TBH, I'd rather just sound the siren on the whole season right now.

I think that we should focus on fielding a strong VFL side first. It's gonna be a massive deal if our VFL side makes it deep into the finals in our first year and we'd be best off trying to get straight through to the prelims.

Hopefully we can send Gia off with a win (god help the mods on this board if we don't :p ) the bloke is a champion at our club. He's top ten at our club both in games played and goals kicked, enuf said IMO.

So every Bulldog supporter that can make it should go to WO to cheer on a Dogs win in the VFL and make their way to Etihad to send Foss off in style.

Feeling a bit meh about the whole thing.

I'm really excited for the draft/trade period and for the rebrand at the end of the season, and a twilight game with hardly anybody there against a side called GWS just seems like an appropriate way to end a very 'meh' season.

I'll be there, as always, to send Foss off in style, but I'm not all that confident about the result nor excited by the game. I miss walking down to the 'G on a breezy Friday night with a knot in the guts, and hearing the huge roar when the boys run out and when they kick a goal. I hope we can get back to that sooner rather than later.

Congrats to Koby on his 50th, and here's to plenty more.

I think the match should be used specifically just for our players to try and encourage the GWS boys to request a trade to the Dogs.... No other purpose whatsoever....
Let's hope Jaksch plays and we put 9 players on him to be in his ear all game. The rest of the team can follow WHE around doing the same.

WHE really impressed me on the weekend in wet conditions. He was a dog's fan growing up yeah? Really hope he gets homesick soon, would love to get him to the club. It's a big call but I saw a lot of Fyfe in his game and that would be my best comparison for him, long way to go obviously...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a soft spot for the Dogs. Think they will be up there in the next few years.

Think you guys will probably win with a 3 goal difference but hoping we are fired up after giving up a 3 goal lead last week.
Hoping for a good close game and all the best in the off season guys.

WHE really impressed me on the weekend in wet conditions. He was a dog's fan growing up yeah? Really hope he gets homesick soon, would love to get him to the club. It's a big call but I saw a lot of Fyfe in his game and that would be my best comparison for him, long way to go obviously...
no way near as physical as Fyfe. Not even close.

WHE has improved out of sight, but he's an outside runner and a good contested mark, as opposed to Fyfe who is an absolute beast at the contest.

And yes, it is important to win this game. Winning is always important. Gimme a win over a draft spot every day of the week. Developing a winning culture is a billion times more important that whether we have pick 6 or 7.

Hopefully we can send Gia off with a win (god help the mods on this board if we don't :p ) the bloke is a champion at our club. He's top ten at our club both in games played and goals kicked, enuf said IMO.

What an interesting stat. I wouldn't have picked that. Clearly hasn't got the kudos he deserves.

Only others in that list are Chris Grant, EJ Whitten, Brad Johnson and Arthur Olliver.

Pretty bloody lofty company.

I just wish Carlton would have won one of those games they should have like against Freo or Geelong, and we could just win comfortably this week and have nothing else to worry about. Bloody Carlton can't do anything right...

Carlton would love to knock off the bummers this week. Unlikely but you never know..
Hope for our sake they can get up

'Bring a Friend for Free' this week.

Make use of it, everybody with a membership.

no way near as physical as Fyfe. Not even close.

WHE has improved out of sight, but he's an outside runner and a good contested mark, as opposed to Fyfe who is an absolute beast at the contest.

And yes, it is important to win this game. Winning is always important. Gimme a win over a draft spot every day of the week. Developing a winning culture is a billion times more important that whether we have pick 6 or 7.

Yep I agree, that's why I said long way to go. Some of the overhead stuff and getting around the ground was very Fyfe like. Obviously his contested stuff is a long way off, but with a guy like McCartney as coach, I think he could get to a respectable level in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back