Preview Changes and discussion vs GWS. Round 23, 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the match should be used specifically just for our players to try and encourage the GWS boys to request a trade to the Dogs.... No other purpose whatsoever....
Right on the siren to start the game, each Bulldog gives his man a business card, says "Call me", then walks back down the race :p

Throughout this season I have been disgusted with how many of us are not going to games. Clearly there are quite a few on this board who haven't gone often enough. You may be able to drum up an excuse or two for a couple of games, but really, everyone should make every effort to go to 10+ games a year. I was sick for 6 weeks with a lung infection but still managed to rug up and drag myself to 2 games in that time. It's so depressing to turn up each week with the regulars and see us 5k short again and again. It was a sea of red at the swans game and the crowd was 22k.

I'll be going down to WO to cheer on Footscray in the VFL, and then getting on the train to Etihad to(hopefully) see us send Gia off the way he deserves.

Throughout this season I have been disgusted with how many of us are not going to games. Clearly there are quite a few on this board who haven't gone often enough. You may be able to drum up an excuse or two for a couple of games, but really, everyone should make every effort to go to 10+ games a year. I was sick for 6 weeks with a lung infection but still managed to rug up and drag myself to 2 games in that time. It's so depressing to turn up each week with the regulars and see us 5k short again and again. It was a sea of red at the swans game and the crowd was 22k.

I'll be going down to WO to cheer on Footscray in the VFL, and then getting on the train to Etihad to(hopefully) see us send Gia off the way he deserves.

If you have any involvement in junior football either under 15s or under 16s you cannot make Sunday games. If it is under 13s or 14's the earliest Sunday games you can make is 3:20.

In your disgust have a look at our draw and see how many games these people, football people in the West and surrounds CAN make.

Now have a look at our fixture this year and advise how we can get to 10+ games a year. Incidentally including families there are thousands in this boat.

Before bagging our supporters for turning up look at what the AFL is providing them.

BTW I have 4 social club memberships which have been used a grand total of once this season and will be used twice for the entire year which works out at $1,000 per game going directly to the club, so are you saying I don't support the club as I did not get to 10+ games?

I havent seen anything about "Bring a friend for free" for this week Nathan, where did you see that?
I got an email. You have to log into your 'MyBulldogs' account with your membership number and password, and print out your free ticket.

I agree it sucks. Sunday was shocking. Crowd only looked decent due the the swans fan turn out. But i understand the time slot sucks and the increase in costs hurts ppl going as well. I go to every Melbourne game. This year i think i missed 3 games.

I honestly fear that the crowd will be s**t on Sunday. Hopefully the VFL boys get a win to hopefully get people in good spirits and in the mood to go see the seniors live. Would hate to see Gia sent off infront of under 15,000 but i think it will happen.

Carlton would love to knock off the bummers this week. Unlikely but you never know..
Hope for our sake they can get up
Yeah, the Blues are no chance - too many inexperienced players in the starting 22 and there's nothing to play for.

Would love the Dogs to really belt the Giants this week. My 5yo son and I have gone to most Melbourne games this year and the poor fella has shed his fair share of tears. We're both really looking forward to this game!

Well aren't you a legend. Gives me the shits people coming on here and expecting people to justify their reasons why they can't get to games. Get off your high horse.

I have 3 small children and live in Sydney. We're not all lucky enough to be able to get to as many games as we'd like.

I remain a fully paid member despite not being able to attend games. And I contribute financially to the BF sponsorship of players as most do on here. Sheesh man. Preaching to the converted.

Massive game for Macca IMO

Although as I've stated I think the year is a complete failure he has to win this to equal last years win total and I think that is fairly important to a lot of people

I also think GWS will go past us next year so take the wins when we can get them at this stage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive game for Macca IMO

Although as I've stated I think the year is a complete failure he has to win this to equal last years win total and I think that is fairly important to a lot of people

I also think GWS will go past us next year so take the wins when we can get them at this stage

Don't think this game in itself has any bearing on Macca and his position. Win, lose or draw the first 6 to 8 rounds of next season will be the first determinate of whether he will see out his contract.

IF and I mean a big IF, Macca is a good senior coach and we do have the right development and coaching group GWS will not go past us next year, we should improve

Don't think this game in itself has any bearing on Macca and his position. Win, lose or draw the first 6 to 8 rounds of next season will be the first determinate of whether he will see out his contract.

IF and I mean a big IF, Macca is a good senior coach and we do have the right development and coaching group GWS will not go past us next year, we should improve

I'm not implying it will effect his position yet lachy but I'm sure he wants to at least draw last year and it certainly looks better to the fans.

Regardless of whether we improve I believe GWS have more improvement that us in the next 12 months UNLESS we can attract at least 2 KPS by start of next year

Campbell-Jong- to play for VFL side for sure (love that)

Inn-Minson(mmm) and Not sure for the first time yhis year..lol

Welcome to the Great Debate. In the red corner, we have Footscray VFL playing a home final against rivals Williamstown; in the blue corner, the Western Bulldogs AFL side playing the final home game of the season against a Giants outfit struggling with injury that we really should be beating. So then - who takes priority with team selection?

I don't expect us to change much this week to be honest - in fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that there will be no changes. Jong worked into the game late last week and may benefit from another run. Roberts and Talia deserve to play the finals they helped lead us to, and I doubt Austin will be dropped at this point. Campbell/Cordy may be swapped for Minson to give Footscray a ruckman, but I'd like to get another look at the combo at AFL level, considering we didn't get one last week.

It's a tough decision and I'm not sure what I'd do, to be honest.

As someone with junior footy commitments, I find it tough to go to half the Sunday games, all depends on scheduling on the day. I've only missed the Adelaide and Essendon games though, the others I've had to drive to the game straight after my junior games.

Finishing ahead of Carlton is a must, lets watch the AFL give Carlton their mandatory 2 Thursday nighters, 5 Friday nighters and 5 Saturday nighters and perhaps a Monday night as well while we finish above them and get a paltry 2 Saturday nighters and 15 Sunday games again, then Gordon will come out all guns blazing and melt hard towards the AFL. Hopefully though as Demetriou has left, McLachlan may have softened the agenda a touch and we might, just might get 1 Friday nighter and 4-5 Saturday nighters

not everyone on these formums is even in victoria let alone australia... hence why they come here to feel part of the bulldog clan...
Then there is the money issue... going to the footy isn't cheap. Membership or not... not sure how i feel about your inquisition like judgment open people you know nothing about

Sometimes I have work, sometimes I have recording, sometimes I have a gig. They're all planned at least 3 weeks in advance and we can't do any other day. Are you going to tell me you're disgusted with me? I can't make it to the GWS game this weekend because I have to have a band practice to prepare for our gig at the Espy, are you going to tell me that you're disgusted with me because of that?

Every game I'm free for, I attend. The only exception was Sydney last week, just because I had a bad vibe. Sometimes people have other priorities, and as much as I love the Bulldogs, my music comes first. I still buy a membership every single year (including this being the first year I pay for it myself), and will still tell everyone why we're the best team around until they get sick of it. :D It's just not always feasible to get to the games, especially when you factor in the money issue. You can't judge people when you don't know the circumstances.

Win Win Win No mercy, we need it, the team needs it, the Western Bulldogs needs this to go forward. Love my Dogs would love a win but won't cry if we lose. Think the MC will pick a team for the win and footscray won't come into it. ok yes I will cry. GO YOU DOGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back