Changes for Boxing Day - In: J.Burns Out: M.Marsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Piss weak stuff from the selectors. No doubt Haddin and Watson will eventually make a score give the finger to their critics and then embark on another 6 months of mediocrity. Opportunity missed.

Piss weak stuff from the selectors. No doubt Haddin and Watson will eventually make a score give the finger to their critics and then embark on another 6 months of mediocrity. Opportunity missed.
Who should have been picked instead?

I'm not sure it's an 'opportunity missed'. Rather, it's a refusal to make wholesale changes to a winning side, already depleted by injury, six months before an Ashes series.

Watson is a lot better than Christian.
You're probably right but back to my original point that I sense got missed: If Watson and Marsh weren't fit, Christian could get picked

I want to see Watto do well, I remember him with Katich opening, a few 90s to his name around a couple of centuries and always good for 40. It's dropped to good for around 20 now. But he still takes clutch wickets in my opinion, or holds an end up well. Won back to back AB medals. Bowl him to the ground now I say, get him to 100 wickets and bat him at 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just saying 5 minutes ago to a mate I'm watching the BB with, he could have played more tests than he did. :eek:
Yep really unlucky, he's a decent cricketer. Unfortunately countless selectors have been trying to find that 'x-factor' allrounder since the 05 ashes.

Geez imagine how many changes some people would want if Australia were 0-2 instead of 2-0.

Our 1st win was largely based off our 3 guns batting (Clarke, Smith, Warner) and Lyon.

Our 2nd win was largely based off our tail contributing about 190 runs and then doing a great job with the ball.

Calls for Starc, Haddin and Watson out are not unreasonable. Just because the team won does not mean we could not improve. We have weaknesses still. And the calls for Starc out were ONLY because Ryan ******* Harris was the option to come back in if fit (and obviously wasn't), and only Watson if Mitch Marsh was fit.
Can always Michael Slats it though and think our team is tops because half our team performed.

Granted, any calls for SMarsh out and Cowan/Burns in are bizarre.

Just waiting for Australia to flog it with big 100's to Rogers, Warner and Smith...and Watson to go along for the ride, get a century, and then he can be sucked off for another 6 months despite 5-6 tests of failure and go again. Not a number 3 from what I can see. Surely only saved by Mitch Marshs injury.

Wade for sure. As soon as Marsh is fit, Watto should be straight out.

So you want a worse keeper in? I'm all for replacing Haddin but we need a bloke that actually catches the ball when it is nicked. Wade has dropped too many. He has improved, but he isn't test standard. There is a massive difference between keeping in a ODI where you might have to catch the ball once or twice....compared to over 6-7 times. Wade dropped so many off Lyon it wasn't funny.

Agreed on the 2nd part, but Marsh is injured, Watson plays by defualt, BUT at number 6, not at 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back