Preview Changes for Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
really looking forward to this game, anything less than a 60 point win means we have gone backwards IMO so lets see if our non existent game plan shines through or if we see more excuses like after the Hawks debarcle

yes i am still POed at that laughable effort on the weekend

We beat them by 60 last year, so Melbourne are developing at a faster rate than we are?

if so why, what has changed apart from the coach
Different Coach as you mentioned.

The team in terms of who we are playing compared to last year is also radically different. Theirs as well.

We beat them by 60 last year, so Melbourne are developing at a faster rate than we are?

Flawed logic there mate, you're better than us no doubt but the whole "we beat them by X amount last time so we should do the same or better this time" is flawed.

There's no doubt you are a more skillful team than us but pressure in football can bring any team undone no matter how much better they may be.

You may roll us and you may not, nothing is a given.

Flawed logic there mate, you're better than us no doubt but the whole "we beat them by X amount last time so we should do the same or better this time" is flawed.

There's no doubt you are a more skillful team than us but pressure in football can bring any team undone no matter how much better they may be.

You may roll us and you may not, nothing is a given.
i agree with your 2nd paragraph, anything can and does happen but after another preseason of development and Melbournes much pubicised lack of quality we SHOULD smash you. My comments in previous posts are pointed at what i see as a lack of meaningful improvement in our list as highlighted in our complete surrender to the Hawks and our positioning in many key stats. Our skills and decison making were woeful

if we play like that again you may just roll us and then many questions will need to be asked about the teams current directiion

GCFC Digital busting out his big names in the frame. Don't think Josh Hall will come into calculations?

#3 Timmy Sumner
Sumner started as the substitute against Richmond and Fremantle in the first two rounds of the AFL season, returning to the NEAFL a couple of weeks ago. He showed continued improvement in his most recent outing with 24 disposals and two goals against the NT Thunder.

#7 Karmichael Hunt
Hunt made a promising start in the NEAFL on Saturday, registering two behinds in the first quarter, which quite easily could have been two goals. Unfortunately mid-way through the second quarter, he went down after a head high hit and required stitches, taking no further part in the game after that incident. Coach Guy McKenna has said Hunt might be in contention if he passes a concussion test this week.

#21 Jeremy Taylor
After travelling to Perth as an emergency in Round 2 and then being on stand-by for QClash a week later, Taylor made his return to the footy field for the NEAFL SUNS with a stand-out performance. The lively utility collected 33 disposals, six marks, four inside-50s and three clearances to rocket into Guy McKenna’s round five calculations.

#29 Tom Murphy
The ever-reliable defender played his role down back against the NT Thunder and Cameron’s injury may open up a position that suits Murphy’s skillset.

#32 Brandon Matera
Matera accepted a one-match ban for engaging in rough conduct against Brisbane in Round 3 and sat out last week with suspension. The dynamic forward is expected to slot straight back into the team against Melbourne.

He's still on the rookie list - we would need to place someone on the long-term injury list for Josh to be elevated and eligible to play seniors.

Just as an opinion, which player from the rookie list would be next in line to be promoted if the need arises?

From what I have seen this year, Herbs looks a good bet!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just as an opinion, which player from the rookie list would be next in line to be promoted if the need arises?

From what I have seen this year, Herbs looks a good bet!

Based on form in the first three rounds of the NEAFL, I would say it's a toss of the coin between Josh Hall and Herbs.

I can see why you guys are hoping for a 60+ win and it's certainly on the cards. However, Melbourne are a team who heavily rely on confidence, we don't necessarily make it ourselves, it just comes about when we play an out of form team. They felt a chance against Carlton and took it, and I feel their going to go into this game with the confidence built through the last. I think the game will be won and lost in the middle, and you guys are the best midfield we have come up against this year. I'm fairly certain you'll beat us in the main categories such as clearances, but it will be how much we can limit that dominance, and not play 10 mins of really poor footy where heads are dropped and you kick a quick 5 which we know you are more than capable of doing.

I can see why you guys are hoping for a 60+ win and it's certainly on the cards. However, Melbourne are a team who heavily rely on confidence, we don't necessarily make it ourselves, it just comes about when we play an out of form team. They felt a chance against Carlton and took it, and I feel their going to go into this game with the confidence built through the last. I think the game will be won and lost in the middle, and you guys are the best midfield we have come up against this year. I'm fairly certain you'll beat us in the main categories such as clearances, but it will be how much we can limit that dominance, and not play 10 mins of really poor footy where heads are dropped and you kick a quick 5 which we know you are more than capable of doing.

Believe me, what we guys hope and what we expect are too different things.

Roos will have the Demons well and truly fired up this round. I'm expecting a physical contest where Melbourne try and exploit the SUNS by smashing them with pressure in the stoppages.

I expect the SUNS to win, but I think 6 goals will be a good margin. Chances of getting out beyond the 8-10 goal mark are very slim!

If you are going to judge us like that, then we have improved a bucket load with our win against the Lions.

Time to move on, look forward to this weeks game. Stuff like that happens to every team, except Hawthorn.

Lets look at a few floggings this year which would not have been expected.

Hawks flogged Fremantle. Fremantle Flogged the Bombers and Pies. None of these teams are out of the running for the eight, in fact two of them are top 4 teams. S&&& happens.

Unless his shoulder is progressing well and the club, like all of us, is hoping he may be ready for match fitness stints in the NEAFL in less than 8 weeks.
I think he was said to miss 3-4 months? Which means he still has 2-3 months left. I think we could squeeze him onto it. :thumbsu:

Unless he truly is recovering quicker than expected.

Severe AC damage to his shoulder. I'm not sure what that means, but he did need surgery to fix it.

But we don't know what type of surgery?

Regardless, It's probably a cotton wool decision anyway, the kid is 18 let him take his time just bring him in the last month of footy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back