Preview Changes for Round 19 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 1, 2011
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NAFC
Wright, Mackay, Lynch, Pods and L Thompson were average to poor today. Jenkins was as well but his position in the team is pretty much locked.

Grigg did some nice things and can hopefully get a full game next week.

M Crouch still pushing for selection (as always) and Thompson possibly good to go.

Lyons stuck in limbo.

Hartigan obviously not coming back so we can either bring Rutten back or back S Thompson, would much rather we do the latter.

Wouldn't mind resting Dangerfield either but it looks like this will never happen.

Out: Wright, Dangerfield if injured or Mackay/Lynch
In: Thompson, M Crouch

Last edited:

I thought Mackay was alright...

Lynch and Jenkins were pretty awful today, but I don't see either of them being dropped.
Thought Laird was good and has escaped the swinging axe for one week.

Could unfortunately be

Out: Dangerfield (inj), Wright
In: Thompson, Crouch

Either that or make wright the sub and put grigg in his role.

Does Wright have enough credits in the bank from his fantastic last month to save him from the axe?

If not
In: S. Thompson
Out: Wright

If yes, then I don't know. L Thompson looked seriously out of his depth, but with Hartigan in hospital there doesn't seem to be much point in dropping him, as it would make our backline seriously undersized. Laird probably saved himself with that game, so it's a hard call, assuming S. Thompson recovers.

Wright's really frustrating. On a good day he's hard at it, can accumulate a lot of the ball and do some very deft assists in front of goal.

On a bad day he's a complete plodder who can't clear 40 meters and his only positive attribute is being able to milk a few bullshit free kicks.

Wright's really frustrating. On a good day he's really hard at it, can accumulate a lot of the ball and do some really deft assists in front of goal.

On a bad day he's a complete plodder who can't clear 40 meters and his only positive attribute is being able to milk a few bullshit free kicks.
He was truly horrid today, as was Thompson and Lynch

Wright's really frustrating. On a good day he's really hard at it, can accumulate a lot of the ball and do some really deft assists in front of goal.

He does all the little professional things, like shepherd the ball on the line, block would-be tacklers, do the Selwood head-duck into every single tackle, and his decision making is generally pretty decent. But he's very slow for a guy lacking height, and the inability to kick more than 40 metres is pretty limiting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jenkins deserves to be dropped - that was a non competitive, Brad Moran type effort.

Pods or Lynch, one of them should be dropped.

Thommo in for Wright.
Lyons in for Pods or Lynch.

I'd drop Otten too, if we had someone to replace him, or matchups allowed it.
I like your hustle. That's why it was so hard to cut you.

DMac was fine not sure what people saw ?!?! Wright was poor and needs to make way, Pods was awful and looked injured. Either way he goes out, not sure what to do with Lynch..... working very hard but lacking polish. Persist ala Tex IMO. Same with LT, needs time for a proper look. Crouch, Lyons and the Rat bashing the door down.

OUT

Wright
Pods

IN

Thommo (Lyons if he is still injured)
Crouch.

Would love to see Atkins get a crack, but its unlikely.

Out: B Smith..
In: anyone..

index.php

Lol this board. Yeah let's drop Mackay, Wright, Pods, Jenkins and Lynch. Do you realise we won? The only one that should be dropped from today's effort is Lynch. Assuming Danger is rested...

Out: Lynch, Danger
In: Thompson, Lyons/Crouch

Having said that, I'd accept just the one change (Thommo in) as a settled 22 towards September is critical.

Lynch had a shocker. Otten was ok but very average one on one so something for the selectors to consider. Luke Thompson to keep his spot due to no other players pushing. Podsiadly was ok, not worthy of dropping. Jenkins keeps his spot due to structural needs. Wright to sub, grigg to take his spot. Overall I'd go:

In: S.Thompson
Out: Lynch

Lol this board. Yeah let's drop Mackay, Wright, Pods, Jenkins and Lynch. Do you realise we won? The only one that should be dropped from today's effort is Lynch. Assuming Danger is rested...

Out: Lynch, Danger
In: Thompson, Lyons/Crouch
Please show me who said that all those players should be dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back