Preview Changes/pre-match discussion v Collingwood (FINAL CHANGES: OUT: Wood/Jacobs IN: Brown/Swallow)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowWow1978

All Australian
Feb 6, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
B.S. has announced the team for next week !

Archer11 IUB BigEasy
Phillyroo Chazdog Tazaa
Twinkletoes Spitta2azza Gorman2 Geister
Hojuman Niko74 Chadwiko
Donkeychop Zondor Benbanjo

Gasometer Nate7 Ziebull

Boneofshin. Onlyfowards. Marklovesbeer. K4E

Apologies to all l have left out. I'm your Ash Watson, Liam Anthony type. You'll get a game the next week after l'm dropped. :(

Seriously, I'm disgusted to be left out of that side....

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't

We have players who need to stand up and own the team.

I reckon we missed an opportunity here with not making Jack the Captain while Spitta is out. Giving him the instruction of, for right now NMFC is on your shoulders.

We need our youth to take the team, it is our next step.

Missed the bigger opportunity earlier but anyway.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Opposition gameplan- Win the middle, press up, apply good pressure around the ground and watch them cough it up=WIN
Unfortunately at the minute that is exactly how teams can beat us, and every single team in the comp will fancy their chances of doing that. I was comfortable going into the games against Brisbane and the Tigers as they aren't teams who can apply an organised and disciplined press for a full 120 minutes. Geelong and Essendon had a fair number of younger players learning their roles mixed in with some good older players so I thought we could mix it with them too as long as we could soak up their pressure in the back half. But it seems that as soon as we come up against a team who can organise well for 120 minutes, can apply pressure on the ball carrier and his first options and have some good players in their forward half we eventually turn to water and capitulate.

The game plan we are trying to employ doesn't suit the players at our disposal at the minute but the odds are any game plan that does suit the cattle will leave us middle of the road.

BowWow1978

All Australian
Feb 6, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm assuming Majak was the traveling emergency because Waite was carrying a niggle.

They played Waite who spent 25 mins on the sideline during the game and didn't have any impact.

And now we have Majak missing a game of footy because he is in Perth.

That's a **** up

Majak played and dominated again.

Missed the bigger opportunity earlier but anyway.

Yeah I know.

I still don't understand why we have a middle management leadership committee.

Put it on 3 blokes.

Spitta, Jack, and Goldy.

too many leadership spot too many places to hide.

BowWow1978

All Australian
Feb 6, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Below numbers are totals that specifically compare the disposal and goal outputs of Fremantle's midfielders vs Norths.

Freo:
Disposals: 1110
Goals: 35

North:
Disposals: 1020
Goals: 20

You can tweak the forward line and back line all you want, but if you lose the center, then your forwards get no delivery and your defenders are able to hold the fort only for so long before the goals come through.

Our mids don't tackle, kick goals or win the disposal numbers. Even with Goldy in fine form!

My question then is. WTF are they doing.

We have ZERO, depth in this area.

bollocks. Our depth is out injured. Wells, Dal, Swallow.

GarnerSmash

10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Count as stats man....
GUPEfqq.png

Jeremy Jordan

All Australian
May 2, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My son tapped me on the shoulder on Saturday night and said ‘dad. How come the team in the blue and white don’t like to grab the ball cleanly or hug the other team to the ground and also wouldn’t it be easier to score 6 points if they stopped kicking it to the other team?’

What makes this story even more chilling is my son is Brad Scott.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
My son tapped me on the shoulder on Saturday night and said ‘dad. How come the team in the blue and white don’t like to grab the ball cleanly or hug the other team to the ground and also wouldn’t it be easier to score 6 points if they stopped kicking it to the other team?’

What makes this story even more chilling is my son is Brad Scott.

LOL'd.

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's what depth is mate. To be able to cover for injured players, and this season has proven that our midfield depth is very thin.

can't forget the fact that Garner and Harper are also options that are injured. We're left with Zeiball and Cunnington to battle it out, Basti, Atley and Jacobs are sub-par and can't match it at AFL level. Will get better results from Turner, Dumont and Mullet - not to mention game time experience.

Currie or should have replaced Wood Saturday to give Goldy a rest and another tall forward option, instead they got BOG in the VFL.

What i'd like to see Ins/outs
Out: Gibson or Basti, Atley, Jacobs, LMac, Waite(rest)
In: Daw, Turner, Mullet, Warren, Currie

Actual in/outs
Out: Wood, Jacobs
In: Brown, Turner

GarnerSmash

Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It is extremely infuriating that we seem to be lacking real pace and intensity, and two players who are capable of providing that (Harper and Garner) are perennially injured. At least if they weren't good enough we would know it by know.

Skarrz

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
IMO the changes will be OUT: Waite (Inj), Wood, LMac IN: Daw (thank christ), Turner, Mullett
Basti/Gibson will be made sub to teach them a lesson (going by the track record of doing this instead of dropping them)

Smoocher

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2013
Sporting capital of the world
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Magpies
taking the piss?

Taz was again solid last night, played on Taberner and Mayne and only conceded one goal to his direct opponent. Thompson and Taz compliment each other perfectly. Both can hold their head high considering how quick and easy the pill was coming in.
taking the piss?

Taz was again solid last night, played on Taberner and Mayne and only conceded one goal to his direct opponent. Thompson and Taz compliment each other perfectly. Both can hold their head high considering how quick and easy the pill was coming in.
Seems folk on here have limited knowledge of the game. Get out to a game and watch him. What you see on TV is an illusion. Yes he has played a few decent games but if we think he is the solution to looking after monster forwards then we are delusional as a club. I stand by my comments he has nothing to offer. He is more Vanilla than McKenzie.

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
B: Firrito Tarrant Hansen
HB: Jacobs Thompson Wright
C: Wood Harvey Atley
HF: Higgins Daw Black
F: Thomas Petrie Nahas
FO: Goldstein Ziebell Cunnington
INT: Dumont Turner Mullett
Sub: Mcdonald

Ins: Daw, Black, Mullett, Turner
Outs: Macmillan, Bastinac, Waite, Gibson

Have to play three talls as our forward line looks shot without them. Brown is another week away according to Larkins on afl.com.au

cant see Macmillan getting back in after wells, NDS and Swallow come back

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Make Jack captain, have him screen Gladiator to the boys before the game, then set him loose in the rooms after the game (win, draw, lose) on anyone he feels didn't put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back