Preview Changes & pre-match discussion vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

whats this on twitter that wells injures his calf at training today?
Wellsy came out of the rooms late and did some running. That's about it.

There was no injury incident.

McKenzie can't be sub. He's too important to our best 21 now.

He is going ok. I wouldn't say "important", as he is lucky to be given a game off what I've seen.

I like him going forward as he brings outside skills, but if he is sub it wouldn't worry me at all as others may have better claims to best 21 + 1.

If be willing to bet my house we won't see s**t from him.

Have faith mate. Currie deserves a few more games before we assess him.

Sent from my waffle machine using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
He is going ok. I wouldn't say "important", as he is lucky to be given a game off what I've seen.

I like him going forward as he brings outside skills, but if he is sub it wouldn't worry me at all as others may have better claims to best 21 + 1.

He's played four full games so far and he hasn't let us down yet. Has quietly been one of our most improved, so far of course.

Hang in there Currie doubters, you'll see ;)

I'm of the same mind with Dan Currie. I think he needs a few games (which he's had) to get the feel of it, and I think he'll be useful tomorrow. It's going to be a dry-ish game with very little rain forecasted. I think he's due to take some marks and kick some goals. Not sure Collingwood's backline have a match up for him if he starts doing that. I'm hopeful he'll turn it on, and that might then release Drew. As we know, Aaron Black is a tall who plays small as well, so I don't mind our forward line in this game.

A fresher Goldy will help us late in the game, too, to at least break even in the clearances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's played four full games so far and he hasn't let us down yet. Has quietly been one of our most improved, so far of course.

Not sure what you mean with "hasn't let us down", and no, I don't think most improved. He will need to work hard to hold his spot, and I think that is a great thing for us going forward to have options.

Winning without Swallow, Ziebell or Wells (if indeed he is out) against a Collingwood midfield after having two days less break coming back from interstate where they got to cruise against a hapless Richmond would be immense.

It will happen.

Sent from my waffle machine using Tapatalk.

Christ. Thought Wells could expose the Magpies a bit on the wide expanses of the MCG with his run and carry.

I think some on here are being a little too optimisitic on the back of a couple of wins. Winning against Collingwood who have one of the best midfields in the league without two of our three best inside midfielders is an incredibly difficult task. Cannot deny the impact of key outs and with those out we're really running well below midfield potential and they could really expose that by dominating contested situations. If they do that we're cooked.
Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm worried about the impact of these outs against their midfield.
If Wells is out then we're well and truly ****ed.

All this talk about Wells may be BS, it could have been a bit of a knock and had to only walk it off a little, no media outlets are talking about but they are talking about every other injury in the panic room.
No cause for panic until officially ruled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back