Unofficial Preview Changes/prematch discussion vs Hawthorn (Out: Frog/In: JMac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibson and Harvey refuse to defend.

If you refuse to defend you must counterbalance that with something extra good.

Boomer ticks that box most weeks, Gibson doesn't. We all know his run can be amazing and has contributed significantly to wins. I'd play Gibbo this week, if he fails he should be dropped.

I know! I was being cynical, coz plenty of posters would have him out, even half way through a game. The haters will keep on hating. Jacobs was excellent!
Agree best game that I've seen him play. Just hope he keeps it up. Think we should bring black in this week to really stretch hawks defenders with lake and frawley not playing

I know! I was being cynical, coz plenty of posters would have him out, even half way through a game. The haters will keep on hating. Jacobs was excellent!

So Brad Scott and selection committee are "haters" also then?

Jacobs was omitted when fine against PA, it is not out of possibilities this could happen again considering the ins and depth of our mid size players to choose from.

I think he deserves a game, but it's stupid to label people haters especially when it falls in line to how our coaches have selected on prior evidence.

As content as I was with BJ I do still think he's the first guy written off the team sheet when the injured fellas come back.
Exactly thats my point....wouldnt you start to think Im not good enough to be in the 22, get nervous and as Augustine said s**t yourself ? We bemoaned Wright now people have him locked in = end of discussion. Its a process, one that has been thrown out of whack to du a 38 year old running around the park, Scott even said it himself on radio on saturday afternoon. Harvey's longevity in the game has stifled 1 spot on the 22, for the Greenwood's, Jacobs's the McKenzie's.

Exactly thats my point....wouldnt you start to think Im not good enough to be in the 22, get nervous and as Augustine said s**t yourself ? We bemoaned Wright now people have him locked in = end of discussion. Its a process, one that has been thrown out of whack to du a 38 year old running around the park, Scott even said it himself on radio on saturday afternoon. Harvey's longevity in the game has stifled 1 spot on the 22, the Greenwood's, Jacobs's the McKenzie's.

Get rid of?

Get rid of?
No, he nor I are saying that.......he mentioned Boomer being a freak that he is has thrown out getting valuable time into players.

I will say Boomer hasn't impressed me these last 4 games he is increasing his work rate, but he hasn't been woeful but there is a decrease in output. Is this on prurpose from Scott to have him down back to cover Dal Santo and Wells, I dunno.

No, he nor I are saying that.......he mentioned Boomer being a freak that he is has thrown out getting valuable time into players.

I will say Boomer hasn't impressed me these last 4 games he is increasing his work rate, but he hasn't been woeful but there is a decrease in output. Is this on prurpose from Scott to have him down back to cover Dal Santo and Wells, I dunno.
i was only s**t stirring... Boomer has been slighty down first 4 games.. i expect an improvement... playing down back is not natural too him but he is doing ok

Playing boomer down back is a real surprise to me, I liken it to playing G Ablett down back.. just stupid. Either play him in the middle or forward, he's too small to place defense and his tackling is among the worst in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing boomer down back is a real surprise to me, I liken it to playing G Ablett down back.. just stupid. Either play him in the middle or forward, he's too small to place defense and his tackling is among the worst in the team.
Scotts said on On The Couch that he hasn't had a goal kicked on him yet. Defends very well!

IN: Wells, McDonald
OUT: Gibson, Turner

Gibson was horrible, wouldn't hurt him to get some confidence back in the VFL.

Turner has been a bit quiet, still so young, a few games in VFL to find the pill would be good for him.

JMac To return via VFL, I don't think Jacobs deserves to be dropped.

Basti lucky to hold spot.

Scotts said on On The Couch that he hasn't had a goal kicked on him yet. Defends very well!

What Scott failed to mention is that Harvey doesn't actually pick up a direct opponent.

So, if we need to drop a midfielder, Gibson should be dropped because he hasn't played 16 quarters of AFL football at his peak form, so we can retain Dumont, who has done a few nice things in his one quarter? Seriously?

Froggy looked at home but there is no way he leapfrogs (sorry) our other midfielders yet, if they are all fit.

They named Dumont in the bests this week, and barely know players names. So, yeah, your point?

Fwiw, they probably thought it was Josh.

If you look at stats, Gibson should never be dropped. I swear he has anal-ysed CD to the enth degree and worked out how to rig DE % & what constitutes a clanger.

No doubting he is a great runner, no doubting he puts himself in good positions, But if you can't execute basic skills you shouldn't play.

Especially when kids who have played less than 10 games look so comfortable with ball in hand.

Why don't we just place Atley on his own 50m off the play and use him as the outlet.

I Think Gaz Jr led the league in clangers one year and is always right up there most ears, however he is the best player in the game...

IN: Wells, McDonald
OUT: Gibson, Turner

Gibson was horrible, wouldn't hurt him to get some confidence back in the VFL.

Turner has been a bit quiet, still so young, a few games in VFL to find the pill would be good for him.

JMac To return via VFL, I don't think Jacobs deserves to be dropped.

I like yourself really hope these are the changes.
Match committee will really show their hand this week

To those wanting Gibbo dropped come at me with terms for a sig bet.

Put your sig where your mouth is.
Anybody who is not taking the piss would know that Gibson won't be dropped. Not this week, not any other week in the foreseeable future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back