Unofficial Preview Changes/prematch discussion vs Hawthorn (Out: Frog/In: JMac)

Rioli is a bit different player but Hill certainly. Smith has been the form player of the 3 this year.

Don't underestimate how important Hill is to our side. When he plays well we usually win. If you look at our losses over the last three years, Hill has struggled in those games. It looks likely North will try and put a tag on Hill before Smith, even though Smith is the better footballer.

scooby1279

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
kangaroos
Don't underestimate how important Hill is to our side. When he plays well we usually win. If you look at our losses over the last three years, Hill has struggled in those games. It looks likely North will try and put a tag on Hill before Smith, even though Smith is the better footballer.

we dont tag players, more of a run with role.

May 28, 2006
Sunshine
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sunshine Heights
Out; Turner, Bastinac (unlucky)
In; Wells, McDonald

Assuming Hansen and JMac not fit.

Gibson lucky. Gets another week to perform or he goes back to VFL.

I'd like Dumont to play against the Hawks.

These changes look right to me. Start Wells as the sub as well. Would have a great impact if he came on early in the 3rd with fresh legs.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
I'm surprised more people don't want McDonald in. I though he was easily our best small defender in the first 3 weeks and for that reason should come straight back in.

For once I actually do understand the calls for Gibbo to be dropped but I wouldn't be doing it this week. Hawthorn have some outrageously skilled gut runners in Hill, Smith and Hartung and I think Gibbo will be crucial this week in giving us some similar run. If he doesn;t play this week then we will get annihilated in that area.

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
Spoken to the match committee or is this your presumption?

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not bad. I feel we rate Atley on his potential still, when it's time for actual results.

Atley won't get dropped but it would be nice to be seeing a fair bit more, especially with regard to finding and using the ball, hopefully it will come.

His defensive work is still very sound as he rarely gets beaten one on one, plus can shut players out of a game. Maybe that is all Scott is asking of him at the moment.

Reginald0

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
ok
so who was gibbo and atley playing on mostly?
did they shut them out or not, don't see how people can evaluate their games w/out that info

seemed to be that ats was not playing his normal back 6 role

DJ Dupree

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Dragons, Rovers
Atley won't get dropped but it would be nice to be seeing a fair bit more, especially with regard to finding and using the ball, hopefully it will come.

His defensive work is still very sound as he rarely gets beaten one on one, plus can shut players out of a game. Maybe that is all Scott is asking of him at the moment.

Maybe. And you're right, hes excellent defensively.

I think we're all looking for him to be a skinny, weedy version of David King. Maybe that's not him.

Aug 3, 2008
Australind
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Liverpool
I think it is a real genuine discussion the board is having about our changes. The depth is real. And coaching staff's job must be even harder. It should be criminal for any player to string any bad games together and should be acted upon immediately if they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back