Unofficial Preview Changes/prematch discussion vs Melbourne [team changes post #293]

Remove this Banner Ad

It feels so good to be able to rest 5 players and still have an equally strong team playing. I will say I'm a bit worried about Currie though. He's not bad but he's no Goldstein.
Really happy with the changes, using the chance to rest tired players without weakening the team too much if at all.

And yeah nah, nothing to be worried about with big Cuz. He's a very solid 2nd ruck who this week gets to show his wares where he's best suited.... as 1st ruck, not FF.

And yeah, I really like Jordan Bannister as an umpire. His playing background stands out like the proverbial....far far less trigger happy on the soft frees than the likes of Farmer / Pannell and co.

Last edited:
Loving the clubs decision to rest a few guys who need it. Probably only scotty i thought could also have done with a rest but all those rested are walk up starts for next week. Glad to see a few others get the chance to stake a claim for a finals game as thats really something worth playing for. Feeling a whole lot more confident with our chances against the scum next week. Feeling very happy at the moment.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

God that is a beautiful looking back line. Could not be happier with team selection and everyone (with the exception of Boomer) from our first team coming back from injury/suspension in time for finals footy

I wouldn't get too excited seeing that backline, because it will change for round 1 finals with Spud coming back in.

Wright and Macmillan playing off this week for one spot I suspect.

I wouldn't get too excited seeing that backline, because it will change for round 1 finals with Spud coming back in.

Wright and Macmillan playing off this week for one spot I suspect.

Would suggest that is the case, yeah.

Come *, we'll probably see:

Spud - Thompson - Grima
Atley - Hansen - JMac/Wright

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they play Hansen, Grima, Thompson and Firrito week 1 of finals then I would be leaning towards Mullet or JMac over Wright simply because of the lack of run out of D50.

Theres also the issue of covering the opposition small forwards. Wright is probably close to the slowest AFL footballer I have ever seen

Still not convinced that Hansen will play. Could be a late change with McMahon.
If Hansen doesn't play then he should not be an automatic in for a cutthroat final, needs match practice.

Does anyone give Melbourne a sneaky chance?

Yes.

It will depend upon how distracted we are.

I want a professional victory this weekend.

The Shemons will want to make it a really contested game.

This is when we find out just how deep we bat. If the boys we bring in cant cut it then they have no chance of ousting the usual 22.

I hope we put the result to bed early so they start dreaming of warm nights in Cancun for their end of season trip while we go on to clinically and professionally gear up for our finals tilt.

Their clearances are a mess this year so we SHOULD have first use of the pill from stoppages. On paper they don't look entirely mismatched IMO, given our outs, but besides their cue ball headed warrior on ball I have severe doubt they have the ticker to put in a good 120 minute shift with little to play for.

I notice our website says Brad is 4/4 for final round games, nicely balancing his Rd 1 record.

blue-white-ying-yang-md.png

I hope we put the result to bed early so they start dreaming of warm nights in Cancun for their end of season trip while we go on to clinically and professionally gear up for our finals tilt.

Their clearances are a mess this year so we SHOULD have first use of the pill from stoppages. On paper they don't look entirely mismatched IMO, given our outs, but besides their cue ball headed warrior on ball I have severe doubt they have the ticker to put in a good 120 minute shift with little to play for.
Nah, on paper they look like rubbish too.

Not at all worried. Would just like North to fire from the start and put them away in a four quarter effort.

Dees fans never travel to our ground so it will be a rowdy home crowd. Let's have some fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back