Unofficial Preview Changes/prematch discussion vs Melbourne [team changes post #293]

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, on paper they look like rubbish too.

Not at all worried. Would just like North to fire from the start and put them away in a four quarter effort.

Dees fans never travel to our ground so it will be a rowdy home crowd. Let's have some fun.

Of course that's exactly how I hope things play out H to h. I know a few godees supporters near work and I asked each of them today if they'd be going. "Nah, what's the point?" was the general sentiment.

Of course that's exactly how I hope things play out H to h. I know a few godees supporters near work and I asked each of them today if they'd be going. "Nah, what's the point?" was the general sentiment.
I don't blame the Dee supporters to be honest, they've been lousy for seven years, I would like to think I'd still go if I were in their shoes but who knows until you're actually in them...

I see this game I a no upside, huge downside game in that if we win by ten goals cool but who really cares. Lose or just win and, wow most of the confidence and momentum from the last three games is lost.

Winning huge (100+) could also give players a false sense of confidence and some bad habits.

Glad we rested some players who should be unaffected either way ;)

Their catchcry which they've been shouting from the MCC since footy began.
...until recent years when it's been more of a soft, plaintive cry.

Melbourne-Demons-fan-428x292.jpg

Last edited:
Good job number 12.

That number 7 looks decent.

Etc...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be hoping he plays well and gains a bit of trade value

Our backup ruckman at the moment is Boomer and he is suspended for the next 2 games. Suspect it may be worth holding on to Currie for a few more days yet.

...until recent years when it's been more of a soft, plaintiff cry.

Melbourne-Demons-fan-428x292.jpg

Oh dear. Can't make fun of that depth of sorrow.

I have quite a few friends through the kids' school who support the Dees. They have a good sense of humour, are very resilient, and find pleasure in small things(like the MCG kick to kick after a game best forgotten) - which I guess you have to, to keep the spirits up for the next generation.

Oh dear. Can't make fun of that depth of sorrow.

I have quite a few friends through the kids' school who support the Dees. They have a good sense of humour, are very resilient, and find pleasure in small things(like the MCG kick to kick after a game best forgotten) - which I guess you have to, to keep the spirits up for the next generation.
I did the same thing at Fitzroy games in the early 90s. I still think you don't understand the big picture about following a team until you experience a season or 3 where you are rock bottom. ie. it is definitely not about winning.

That being said, even as an old Royboy, I feel sorry for Melbourne fans. At least we had the constant threat of bankruptcy as an excuse.

I hope to see Patch find some form. He has been one of my favourites, and if they won't drop him I want to see less fumbles and more if his old magic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 4
A win is enough for me, without injuries or scrutiny from the MRP........

Are you saying Jacobs is the hard nose and Mullett the runner? I'd say both are off the mark.

Jacobs is not a hard player for mine. He can find the pill by knowing where to run though no doubt.

Mullett has struggled with his running and not the same player as last year for mine, whether due to pre-season injury or otherwise.

There is no room for all of Mullett, McMillan, Wright & Jacobs......Jacobs will go, may even miss first final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back