Preview Changes - Round 6 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Be prepared for us to play Carlton into some form.
I know it's negative but seriosuly can't see us travelling and beating anyone.

Yeah but last season or two when Woosha played tall , he got off the leash , kicked 1.5 tonight which is good amount of shots on goal .

Last year is last year.

Not sure pointing out tonights shots on goal helps the case for three rucks.

Out: Glass (susp), Ellis (calf), Hill (zero impact)
In: Schofield, Carter, Lycett

B: Bennell, MacKenzie, Schofield
HB: Yeo, Brown, Sheppard
C: Rosa, Shuey, Gaff
HF: Wellingham, Darling, Cripps :eek:
F: Naitanui, Kennedy, Lycett
R: Cox, Masten, Selwood
I: Carter, Priddis, Sheed
S: Hutchings
E: Sinclair, Colledge, Tunbridge

I like the idea of bringing Lycett in as another tall target against Carlton, we can really stretch their defence.

Hill has had one arsey goal in two weeks and done nothing else. Gone.

What has Cripps done to warrant another game next week ?

For mine he simply doesn't work hard enough.

Its our strength , Kennedy gets off the leash more . We cannot rely on our midfield winning us games our forward set-up has , Sinclair is mobile .
Tony Shaw said just as much late in the game they cover our options ..... Port played well and well-drilled though .

Kennedy hasn't "got off the leash" at all this year. Apart from the 96 point pantsing of Melbourne, he has been in absolutely shocking form in 2014.

If we played players on form right now only about 8 players would get a game.

At the moment we have to drop the obvious poor players. Unfortunately it includes Priddis who will never get dropped. He must have photos of Simpson as well as Woosha last year.

What has Cripps done to warrant another game next week ?

For mine he simply doesn't work hard enough.
Hill in the side saves Cripps for mine.

Get healthy LECCA!!!!!

Apart from dropping Hill for Tunbridge I don't see any obvious ins.

McGovern on from should be ahead of Schofield but he's untested.

Not sure swinging Colledge back into the side for Ellis is the right move. Colledge isn't a proven defender.

Brennan, Wilson and Carter aren't deserving of games. I'm not a fan of three rucks but form trumps bringing in poor performers and Lycett has been red hot this year.

If we played players on form right now only about 8 players would get a game.

I 100% agree with this. The whole team in 2014 so far is just, ugh.

Masten (until tonight has had a horror start to the year)
Kennedy has been atrocious. Poor delivery or not. He's had balls go straight through his bread basket and hit the deck, and his kicking tonight at least contributed to our loss if not being the sole reason.
Wellingham had 13 touches <------ Prized recruit right there. Repaying WCE. Repaying the faith.
Scooter is blah, Priddis is noticeably much worse in 2014 then I remember him being.
Nicnat is out of form and has not taken a grab in 3 weeks.

Most are players who we rate and tipped to have a big year too. Kennedy and Masten were arguably our B & F last year and Wellingham was supposed to be having a real crack now he's not injured.

I don't like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the side I would like next week..

B: Bennell, MacKenzie, Schofield
HB: Yeo, Brown, Sheppard
C: Rosa, Shuey, Gaff
HF: Wellingham, McGovern, Masten
F: Naitanui, Kennedy, Darling
R: Cox, Hutchings, Selwood
I: Carter, Tunbridge, Sheed,
S: Colledge

I am dreaming though

Would really love to bring in a midfielder who goes and gets the ball. One on one. Hard at it. Like Scoot's older brother. All our bloke wait for a contest rather than creating one.

Hutchings delivered today, was in the top 5 for us in the first half. Gets his footy and does something with it. Need more like him though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back