Unofficial Preview Changes V Carlton (Reid, Blair, Sinkers & Marsh in, four omitted or rested, see OP for team)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
[***Mod edit: team added]

Collingwood
B: Marley Williams, Nathan Brown, Tom Langdon
HB: Brayden Maynard, Jack Frost, Alan Toovey
C: Steele Sidebottom, Dane Swan, Levi Greenwood
HF: Jarryd Blair, Darcy Moore, Travis Varcoe
F: Jamie Elliott, Ben Reid, Alex Fasolo
Foll: Brodie Grundy, Taylor Adams, Scott Pendlebury
Int: Matthew Scharenberg, Jonathon Marsh, Jack Crisp, Ben Sinclair
Emg: Sam Dwyer, Tyson Goldsack, Jarrod Witts

IN: Jarryd Blair, Jonathon Marsh, Ben Reid, Ben Sinclair
OUT: Jordan De Goey (rested), Sam Dwyer, Paul Seedsman, Jarrod Witts (omitted)

[End of Mod edit***]

Out: Toovey, Witts, Seedsman
In: Cloke, White, someone who can kick

Move Varcoe back to the backline, Elliott not the sub.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bloke is 22 by the time he is 26 he will be a gun
does it not occur to you that he got smashed today by a guy that is the same age? or doesn't that figure into your context. a lot of people of here have called for him to be dropped previously so I don't think he is as great as you think.

does it not occur to you that he got smashed today by a guy that is the same age? or doesn't that figure into your context. a lot of people of here have called for him to be dropped previously so I don't think he is as great as you think.
Ever thought that maybe Gawn will be a very good players as well

Do you agree that Sandilands is a good ruck? If you compare there stats at the same age they are identical give him time

Why is Sandilands so relevant to Witts? Yes they are both super tall.... and so what? Does that mean they will end up the same player? OF COURSE NOT.

Witts is not showing an upward trajectory that all players do if they are to become great players, he has flat lined as a very ordinary ruckmen who regularly gets beaten by other young ruckmen (Sinclair and Gawn just in the past few weeks).

First draft:

B: Williams. Brown. Maynard
HB: Shaz. Frost. Varcoe.
C: Marsh. Swann. Sidey.
HF: Elliott. Cloke. Moore.
F: Fas. Reid. DGo.
Foll: Witts. Pendles. Adams.
Bench: Greenwood. Langdon. Dwyer. Grundy.

If 1 of Grundy / Witts don't play, who chops out in the ruck?

Option: Reid to CHB / Moore to CHF and Cloke to FF. Frost out - another runner in - I'm inclined for that to be BK

Pendles may need a rest

Playing two ruckmen has NEVER worked for Collingwood in the past six years. I have no idea why it's being persisted with now. Grundy, despite being shorter than Witts, is a much more competitive player and can at the very least limit the effectiveness of the opposition ruckman's taps. Witts is just a slow, lumbering lump who gets knocked off balance far too easily. There is nothing that he can't learn from playing VFL football instead of AFL.

Grundy is the better option going forward. He always looks better when he plays as the lone ruck because he needs to follow the ball to get involved. He gets lost playing forward because he doesn't know how to put himself in dangerous positions.

I don't think it matters. Buckley has already demonstrated a lack of giving 2 f**ks about making the right changes on a weekly basis so who cares?

Carlton will win anyway. So start the week after changes thread from now in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back