Unofficial Preview Changes V Carlton (Reid, Blair, Sinkers & Marsh in, four omitted or rested, see OP for team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

migz

All Australian
May 29, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
In : uncontested style game plan that involves passing to players by foot, playing on and composure.
OUT: long bombs, over tackling and handballing to hot players.

Maybe just maybe this way we can hit up a forward without the classic collingwood long bomb from the boundary.

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
In : uncontested style game plan that involves passing to players by foot, playing on and composure.
OUT: long bombs, over tackling and handballing to hot players.

Maybe just maybe this way we can hit up a forward without the classic collingwood long bomb from the boundary.
yeah these ones always hold up well in finals footy :thumbsu:

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry mate didnt realise we were in september
yeah mate.. play 22 rounds with one game style and then switch to another for finals :thumbsu:.. why don't you drop that one in Buck's suggestion box this week

HappyRed

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
what would we even get for Witts in a trade? because honestly i agree we need to flick one. And to be honest i think we need to make a big play for both a key defender and a key forward. I do want Dangerfield but.. I'm not sure we need to run off looking for more midfielders right now. I'm more worried about our forward line, and how the maturity of our defense looks currently

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
yeah mate.. play 22 rounds with one game style and then switch to another for finals :thumbsu:.. why don't you drop that one in Buck's suggestion box this week

Our current game style lacks a good uncontested element to it which we need. O don't think he meant completely uncontested.

migz

All Australian
May 29, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Our current game style lacks a good uncontested element to it which we need. O don't think he meant completely uncontested.
Someone with some logic! Earlier this year we had a different game style which was a little less contested and our/kick stats were a lot higher. Theres a reason we had way more inside 50 marks and set shots and its cause we moved the ball forward methodically. We switched up to the heavy contested style after the bye and understandably to beat the better teams but it isnt working now...

migz

All Australian
May 29, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
You seriously have no idea. Your game style changes based on who you play week in week out. The whole reason we shut down hawthorn is cause we made it a contest rather than try to play shootout. See where im going with this?

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
You seriously have no idea. Your game style changes based on who you play week in week out. The whole reason we shut down hawthorn is cause we made it a contest rather than try to play shootout. See where im going with this?
Buddy this is what you wrote.. "In : uncontested style game plan "... and this is what I responded to. Don't try and weasel out of it and then say I've got no idea for challenging you about it. See where I'm going with this?

migz

All Australian
May 29, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Buddy this is what you wrote.. "In : uncontested style game plan "... and this is what I responded to. Don't try and weasel out of it and then say I've got no idea for challenging you about it. See where I'm going with this?
Logic would suggest that there is no such thing as a completely uncontested game of footy. Anyway...

jscan

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
IN: Reid, Marsh, White (Cover ruck / Play Forward), Blair, Dale tapping (Coach)
OUT: Witts (Two rucks does not work), Seedsman, Dwyer, Toovey, Buckley (Omitted)

Getting really fed up with Frost playing meters behind his man as well, who could replace him?

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Logic would suggest that there is no such thing as a completely uncontested game of footy. Anyway...
Literal meaning would suggest you want Buckley to implement an "uncontested style game plan" just as you wrote. Logic would suggest you should quit now and move on.

IN: Reid, Marsh, White (Cover ruck / Play Forward), Blair, Dale tapping (Coach)
OUT: Witts (Two rucks does not work), Seedsman, Dwyer, Toovey, Buckley (Omitted)

Getting really fed up with Frost playing meters behind his man as well, who could replace him?

Marsh could play Frost Spot easily

migz

All Australian
May 29, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Literal meaning would suggest you want Buckley to implement an "uncontested style game plan" just as you wrote. Logic would suggest you should quit now and move on.
Can you get any thicker? Anyway mate got better things to do than argue through a keyboard.

Magpie Monopoly

A Good Bloke
Jul 11, 2014
Syria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Buckley hasnt dropped, and wont drop Witts, and heres why:

We have now lost 6 games in a row carrying 2 ruckmen, we are soooo slow. I think anyone can see that we really cant get the most out of Witts and Grundy playing them together.

I honestly think Buckley 2 weeks ago gave the season away. We needed a win from that tough 4 game run, didnt manage one then lost 3 key players and it just became a bit too tough.

Dropping Witts and making him play out the season in the 2's will send his value through the floor. I think he will be part of the Treloar deal, and the coaching staff are trying to generate artificial value in him. Would also explain the questionable Seedsman inclusion, trying to compensate for it. Just a thought, hence why i dont see him getting dropped the rest of the year, even though he clearly should

It'll come down to who's left standing, if not exactly fit; but I pray we won't have to resort to playing Cox.

IF we keep losing. I can easily see Cox getting a game at AFL Level in 1 of last 2 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back