Opinion Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if Lobbe improves, say 25%, is that worth losing 50% of Ryder's upper efficacy?
If Lobbe gets back to his form from last year and works on his other deficits then Ken will have the flexibility to use him and Ryder to our advantage. Lobbe has been given a big contract extension. He's a vice captain which says something about him too. He is part of our long term plan. What better time to keep playing the duo than now when the game next week means nothing except working on things for next year. Todays game in the wet didn't tell us a lot IMO.

Lobbe to run thru Sandilands for 2.5 quarters then subbed off and Paddy to jump all over Sandi for the remaining 1.5 quarters. You know it makes sense.

Weather looks like being poor next week as well. One tall too many Lobbe for Jake.

Normally against Freo you'd want both rucks against Sandilands.

Would be a 'no change' for me. Maybe Neade in for Young.

That's assuming they even bring Sandilands.

Lobbe for Neade if Neade is available, I haven't heard what the reason he couldn't play this week is but hopefully all is well in the Neade family. Otherwise no change.

Pls don't drop Butcher, I know he's not kicking goals but we have nothing to gain from dropping him and some serious potential upside from keeping him in. Just needs to start clunking a few of those marks within range and on a decent angle rather than getting them all either 50m out or tucked into the pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won't drop Ebert although his skill errors per game seem to continue to build. I have no idea if we'll drop Butcher although he can't seem to take his chances when, as in last night's game, they are offered multiple times. We might drop Young whose default tactic of diving forward on the ball like a U8 has surely been pointed out to him as a low % way of playing.
If we do have spaces the one player I really want to come in is Frampton, it's time.

We won't drop Ebert although his skill errors per game seem to continue to build. I have no idea if we'll drop Butcher although he can't seem to take his chances when, as in last night's game, they are offered multiple times. We might drop Young whose default tactic of diving forward on the ball like a U8 has surely been pointed out to him as a low % way of playing.
If we do have spaces the one player I really want to come in is Frampton, it's time.

Frampton is listed as injured (leg)...

In : Neade
Out : Young

Butcher showed enough in the wet to suggest he could do something next week when at least it won't be so slippery. Young has probably done enough to get another chance on the list but someone has to go out for Neade, assuming the family reasons omission is not ongoing.

Ken is adamant he wants to develop the two pronged ruck set up so there is no way Lobbe will be dropped regardless of whether Sandy plays or not.
If he is fit Schulzy will probably come in for Young, if not Neade for Young.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back