Opinion Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Excuses already?
We didn't rest players in 2013 despite locking up 8th.
My money will be on Sydney to knock them off in Perth.Freo soft as butter.
I want my team to enhace our chances of pulling off the impossible. We average 85 points a game and concede 68. Losing Pav, Walters and Ballantyne to injury won't help our cause. In 2013 we rested our players and made the grand final. In 2014 we got injuries at the wrong end of the season and got out in straight sets. No point playing the best 22 only to see mor guys get injured. Fyfe, Ballantyne, Walters, McPharlin, Pav and Johnson have missed games and some are still sore. That is my opinion.

.... No point playing the best 22 only to see mor guys get injured ....
I think everyone sees the logic. And proper process has been followed. But how do you personally feel about what it would do to Peel Thunder?

I want my team to enhace our chances of pulling off the impossible. We average 85 points a game and concede 68. Losing Pav, Walters and Ballantyne to injury won't help our cause. In 2013 we rested our players and made the grand final. In 2014 we got injuries at the wrong end of the season and got out in straight sets. No point playing the best 22 only to see mor guys get injured. Fyfe, Ballantyne, Walters, McPharlin, Pav and Johnson have missed games and some are still sore. That is my opinion.

Port would be doing the same, have to look after your geriatrics!

Not complaining about Freo resting, don't get me wrong would rather play a full strength Freo but it's soemthing they can do and they will do.

I'll be really honest though apart from minimizing injury risk I'll be interested to know how it has worked for teams in the past (resting most of the first 22 the week before finals). Playing in Perth last year and then coming back to Adelaide didn't hurt our finals performances.

Considering Frampton and Harvey are unlikely to get a game, Shaw is probably the only tall who might get a run. Any point in playing Schulz?

Would like for DBJ and Clurey to get a run, not sure how though.
Billy has a knee strain maybe another week off. Harvey, JPod isn't AFL standard. Our Sanfl forwards should be embarrassed.

I think everyone sees the logic. And proper process has been followed. But how do you personally feel about what it would do to Peel Thunder?
They are using peel thunder just to have their players playing together, they couldn't care less. We are truly one club, from top to bottom, their is a vast difference between the two.

Your club has done the right thing. Lose sandi and pav in a game that has no bearing on the eve of the finals and there goes your shot at a flag.

Your club has done the right thing. Lose sandi and pav in a game that has no bearing on the eve of the finals and there goes your shot at a flag.
My thoughts exactly. Different to round 22, 2005. Port vs Freo at Footy Park. Winner got 8th spot. Port won that game. No different to Souths vs Centrals at Noarlunga on the weekend, Centrals beat Souths for that 5th spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a soft spot for Peel even though I am a sout freo fan. If Freo were out of the finals, it would be different. I want Peel to succeed. If you want a comparison of a Peel type side in the SANFL: It would be the equivalent of having Victor Harbor in the SANFL.

Really we should do the same and send all of our players in for surgery. What they have done should give us licence to.

Inb4 we can't because we stand to gain a better pick. Or the SANFL claim we have broken one of the rules of our reserves agreement where we can't rest players without suitable cause.

I'm a West Perth supporter so its a win/win for me.

Rest assured, whoever runs out on Saturday will be giving their all.

I wonder what we will do if Schulz and Neade come in? ...
Would seem to me that if Neade was out last week for family reasons it would be a bit poor of us to bring him back, Amon filled that spot nicely. I'd give Neade a good run at home (or wherever) now.
As for Schulz if he has missed 2 of the last 3 weeks with a sore back and is not going to re-sign there is just no need to bring him back. Having a farewell game for a player probably going to another team doesn't work for me.

I would be happy for your blokes to go all the way, but I just can't see a team which averages 88 points for, winning a flag, unless the game is played on a very dirty day.

I have a feeling that when his time comes Lyon may leave your mob in the same mess he left the aints.

I would be happy for your blokes to go all the way, but I just can't see a team which averages 88 points for, winning a flag, unless the game is played on a very dirty day.

I have a feeling that when his time comes Lyon may leave your mob in the same mess he left the aints.
this whole mess he left the saints in is total rubbish, the saints were up near the top for a good 6-8 seasons. when you have a period of that long with your first three draft picks being roughly 12-16, 26-30, and 44-48 its really hard to get the top talent coming through your club. the same happened to port after our era of 2001-07, the same is happening now at geelong and will happen in a year or two at hawthorn. its how the system is set up, nothing to do with a mess a coach has left at the club.

I think Ken has one eye on next years "no substitute and 60 or 80 rotations" rule changes... two ruckman will not be a luxury by any means under those new rules. Might as well work on the tandem now, however next year Ken MUST DROP LOBBE AS SOON AS HE BECOMES A LIABILITY, if it happens, as it did very early in 2015, yet he inexplicably survived the chop for weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back