Changes v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaw for smith, walker for Tippett.

If Tippett plays, walker for Symes

Seriously? You want to keep Symes and drop Smith?

Shaw in for Symes
Walker in for Doughty. I know it's not like for like but Stiffy takes Doughtys spot in defence and Walker plays up forward

I'm thinking Stiffy's days as a permanent defender are over. Certainly seems that Sando thinks that in any case.

More like Darren Milburn don't think he's suited to that role anymore but agree, I agree his time is up.

Wasn't the last time he played as a running defender, something like round 7?

Maybe some people need to realize the coaches don't want him in the defensive back 6.

I'd go...

In: Walker, Shaw

Out: Jenkins*, Symes

* if Tippett plays I think Josh Jenkins will miss out and we will play Kurt Tippett as that second ruck. Symes will drop out for Shaw and Otten or Johncock will start as the sub.

It would be silly if Jenkins is dispatched to suburbs before Tippet plays a full game.

Are you suggesting we play Walker, Tippett, Jacobs & Jenkins in the same side?

I'm not opposed to that but who misses out?

Well , do they send Tippett back to the SANFl to prove himself? If or when he recovers from this knock. If not then it's a bigger risk playing Jenkins than being caught short like against port and west Coast.

We have to manager Jacobs as well, he'll do what ever is asked of him with scant regard for his staying power this season.

Well , do they send Tippett back to the SANFl to prove himself? If or when he recovers from this knock.
He's not out of form, so no. I don't see any reason why he should go back to the SANFL. His 3 head classes in recent week have been very innocuous and I don't see any reason he should have to prove he can over come not getting a head knock.

If not then it's a bigger risk playing Jenkins than being caught short like against port and west Coast.

So are you suggesting we drop or rest Tippett?

We have to manager Jacobs as well, he'll do what ever is asked of him with scant regard for his staying power this season.

So, who gets dropped as you can not play 25 players with only 22 places.

I'd play Tippett if he passes all medical test regarding concussion. If not, Jenkins stays in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once the Crows get through this week against the Cats and Dons, I am sure the management of players will take place.

Jacobs needs a spell as does Danger and Thompson IMO. Even Rutten does given the % time he has been on the ground this season!

Seriously? You want to keep Symes and drop Smith?

Shaw in for Symes
Walker in for Doughty. I know it's not like for like but Stiffy takes Doughtys spot in defence and Walker plays up forward
meh. He was the sub. Didn't do much wrong.

Smith wasn't exactly fantastic.

Once the Crows get through this week against the Cats and Dons, I am sure the management of players will take place.

Jacobs needs a spell as does Danger and Thompson IMO. Even Rutten does given the % time he has been on the ground this season!
Rutten has been doing this for years with no ill-effects. I don't think he needs a spell.

I'm not opposed to that but who misses out?
Absolutely !!!! ....go into finals with 2 KPF and one ruckman .......if one gets injured your stuffed (inc defenders). 2 KPF and 2 rucks are traditional numbers .....see no reason to change

Talls become critical in Finals under finals pressure .........have to get games & experience into Jenkins in case we have injuries.

That said I'll be surprised if Tippett plays this week

Out: Symes, Tippett
In: Shaw, Walker

Thats right it is so important to get games and experience into the guys ranked 22-30 between now and week 1 of the finals.
Particularly our talls ....as we have a dearth of them ATM

With McKernan unlikely to figure ....Jenkins becomes critical
Still hoping though McKernan can get back up to speed to give us more options

Just hope Jacobs holds up :(

OUT: Symes Tippett
IN: Walker Shaw

On a different but related note.

Should Tippett start wearing a helmet? At least for the rest of this year?

meh. He was the sub. Didn't do much wrong.

Smith wasn't exactly fantastic.

I didn't think much of Smith's game either, but we need to figure out what our team will look like going into the finals.

If Symes is a part of it over Smith, then fine, but otherwise we should try to keep Smith in and get him playing some good footy again instead of the poor performance he dished up yesterday.

I realise this is my first post on bf, so my opinion doesn't mean much, but we have to start somewhere. :)

As for the questions surrounding playing 4 talls in the same side, I am all for it, and I believe the selection panel are too. We went with this structure in most of what I consider to be our best performances of the season before yesterday (the swans game springs to mind - Jacobs, Tippett, walker and smack). Seems like injuries and suspensions are the only thing stopping us from selecting this structure every week.

There is absolutely no way Jenkins is getting dropped after that performance yesterday. If Tippett is passed fit (a big if), I would suggest that walker would come back in for symes. Our subs have a habit of being dropped the following week, regardless of how they perform. For the record, I thought symes played quite well yesterday.

The other possible in is obviously shaw. Before the eagles game was played, otten would have been a Monty to make way for shaw, but otten performed better than anyone probably imagined he would.

Obviously if Tippett doesn't come up, shaw will come in for him. But if Tippett is fine, there's only room for two of otten, shaw and smith. Smith's job on Stevie j earlier this season was 1st class, and should earn him another guernsey IMO.

Otten may find himself very unlucky to be back in the sanfl, as the selection panel clearly has no interest in dropping dogga.

The only other potential dropping would be stiffy, but that would be pretty unlikely considering his standing at the club and how long he just spent in the sanfl.

Therefore we have:

Out: symes, otten
In: walker, shaw

OR

Out: Tippett, symes
In: walker, shaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back