Unofficial Preview Changes v Gold Coast @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Weren't nervous during North vs Crows? I ran out of finger nails to bite
Yeah I was, but I started work at 3qtr time. So I forgot about it until there was 5 minutes to go and checked my phone to see that Norf were up.

Simmo just on ABC radio

-wants our mids to add bulk over PS
-gave Judge a bit of a serve over the Gepp stuff
-we won't be playing 3 rucks if we make it to next week

Didn't talk a lot about tomorrow's game actually so probably wrong thread to post this in

Can you please elaborate on Simpson's comments regarding judge.

I like the changes to the team for this week. Unfortunate that in particular Hutchings and Brown will miss but hopefully they can get up for an Elimination Final if we make it. The selection of Carter or Sheed would have been a much thought about decision i think. Different players but they were fighting for one spot.

Wilson for Brown is close to a like for like selection. Glad that we went with Wilson as a medium sized defender and not rushed a tall in to replace Brown eg: Fraser Mc
Selwood for Hutchings is also close to like for like. Not sure what role I'd rather see Scooter play but. Option to play him as a ball winner or tagger but if we do use him as a tagger on for instance a Harley Bennell he could be caught out for speed.
Naitanui for Cox is like for like. Maybe resting Dean for a big final, if we don't make it it will be sad to see him go but. Can leave on the high of the Melbourne game.
Yeo for Sheed is probabaly the least like for like change. Will depend on conditions but part of me hopes we see Sheed as a late in for Carter

Not sure if it's been mentioned but congrats to Crippa on his 50th also. Still has a lot left to produce but is proving to be a handy HFF since crossing from the Saints.

I think in the forward line our talls have the chance to really make the most of Steven May not playing. I like the way Rory Thompson plays, Matt Warnock isn't best 22 for them anymore and could be playing for his career tomorrow and Seb Tape could be one that we take advantage of in terms of lack of height and body strength. Henry Schade is an emergency for the Suns and is a taller defender, possibly a later inclusion. If we play Darling and Kennedy forward and have McGovern, Naitanui and Lycett all rotating through it's a good chance to stretch down back.

Midfield battle will be interesting and possibly a game winning area. I like that LeCras's been named in the followers on the current team sheet. Will probabaly change before bounce down but his classy ball use going inside 50 would be handy early.

Tom Lynch is the main forward we need to put time into and Ezy probabaly gets that match up, at least to begin with. They've got 2 other taller forwards in Cameron and Leslie. Leslie probabaly backing up as the 2nd ruck also. Schofield gets one of the taller forward which means Wilson needs to play under sized but McGovern can and will go back at times also.

West Coast by under 3 goals I think

Can you please elaborate on Simpson's comments regarding judge.

Not exact quotes but he said something along the lines of "it's time to get over it Ken" in regards to Judge's grudge...Also that he was frustrated with what Judge had said as it was his (Simmos) call to move Gepp to the coaches box and he's a valued member of the panel. Really went into bat for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't play yeo or selwood if there's any chance they will get injured

Can cox be played

......I will still watch and hope we pump them but îts over

To be honest we dint deserve to play finals with 11 wins

Losses that stung were esendon and cotton losses were we had the gem under control

We need to work on our skills when the game isn't going our way for next year .......we lost games this year when teams got on a roll and kicked multiple goals ..have to work in slowing the game down, retain pressure ....man up and get momentum back

Dare I say it bit like freo do

On the finals thing ...I will follow freo in the finals ....I'm not anti freo like many other people on the wce boards are and hope they can go all the way and deliver pav a flag he deserves

Biggest change is its gone from a much anticipated game to one I prolly wont even watch beautiful 22c Spring day..I'll find something else to do

Same here, considering how sunny it was in Melbs today. I think the boss has me working in the garden tomorrow, she can be pretty persuasive when she wants to be...

I might go golfing or riding or kayaking

I still hope we win though and finish the year strong

The loss to esendon stung and the bloody umpires in that game slaughtered us ......

That's our season right there .....need to be aggressive at the trade table and trade a big bloke for someone with jets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back