Unofficial Preview Changes v Gold Coast @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Tomorrow will determine whether we finish with pick 7 or pick 10.

Can't help but hope we get belted and the Crows win by enough.
The crows only have to win if we lose. Percentage doesn't come into it. So hopefully its a good game, gc play really well and just beat us so there is plenty of positives to come out of the game

we have shown ourselves to be a gutless team who thrives when the pressure is minimal.

based on that its likely the guys come out and smash the suns today now that richmond has secured 8th.

honestly my only interest in watching is to see how NN goes. such an underwhelming year from him. 6 goals for the year is not good enough.

Just went for a walk along Broadbeach, it's a warm day out there already on the Gold Coast. Who does that favour though? Probs Gold Coast I would think.

Last edited:
we have shown ourselves to be a gutless team who thrives when the pressure is minimal.

based on that its likely the guys come out and smash the suns today now that richmond has secured 8th.

honestly my only interest in watching is to see how NN goes. such an underwhelming year from him. 6 goals for the year is not good enough.
agree with this, now the pressure is off just watch us destroy the GC, would be better off losing but we wont, that's what even more frustrating about our team, Mentally weak.

2015 we need mental toughness.

Why are we thinking like Melbourne FFS? I want us to win. Maybe we can rest players that could be at risk of picking up an injury but we should look to build for next year. F*** the drop in the draft order - there is no such thing as a sure bet that we would potentially miss out on if we get a pick 10 instead of a pick 7. What are we, psychics?

If we ever tank I will sign up for a Dockers membership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are we thinking like Melbourne FFS? I want us to win. Maybe we can rest players that could be at risk of picking up an injury but we should look to build for next year. F*** the drop in the draft order - there is no such thing as a sure bet that we would potentially miss out on if we get a pick 10 instead of a pick 7. What are we, psychics?

I'm not advocating tanking, though I wouldn't play selwood and yeo now.

However as a supporter having no influence on the result, it is clear it is in our best long term interest to lose 1 game.

Melbourne's tanking cu,ture existed because they tried losing from game one of the season.

I'm not sure I can watch as I love watching our boys win

I'm not advocating tanking, though I wouldn't play selwood and yeo now.

However as a supporter having no influence on the result, it is clear it is in our best long term interest to lose 1 game.

Melbourne's tanking cu,ture existed because they tried losing from game one of the season.

I'm not sure I can watch as I love watching our boys win

So we are okay with tanking one game, but we are not okay with tanking several more. Where do we draw the line, then? Maybe next season we tank the last two if we can't make finals?

I am okay with not playing Scooter and Yeo because they are coming off extended injury lay-offs and there is a risk it could aggravate their injuries and affect their pre-season. That's fine. What I'm not fine with is people saying we should play East Perth Mk II and throw the game so we get moved up a couple in the draft order. I think it is in our long term interest to balance trying out the kids with building a winning culture that never thinks it can be beneficial to lose.

/rant

Well, don't know about you Forward Press, but I find the psychic hotline most helpful...... :D

So we are okay with tanking one game, but we are not okay with tanking several more. Where do we draw the line, then? Maybe next season we tank the last two if we can't make finals?

I am okay with not playing Scooter and Yeo because they are coming off extended injury lay-offs and there is a risk it could aggravate their injuries and affect their pre-season. That's fine. What I'm not fine with is people saying we should play East Perth Mk II and throw the game so we get moved up a couple in the draft order. I think it is in our long term interest to balance trying out the kids with building a winning culture that never thinks it can be beneficial to lose.

/rant

Well we can't play east perth mk2 as they aren't over there

Players don't tank, however what we saw with the hawks in the first quarter and Sydney yesterday, is a side with little to play for is hard to motivate and don't play their best footy

Personally I don't think dropping a meaningless game in the final round is going to instill a losing culture

If it did, Sydney are in big trouble for this years flag

/rant

Definitely with Forward Press on this one! Rest the players who aren't 'quite' right that might have pushed to play anyway, but the 22 who go out on the park should go hard for the win, and a big win. Seriously, if our long term future is determined by getting 3 spots lower in the draft, what are we doing? Melbourne have had a zillion SUPER low draft picks...and all they wish for now is that they never tanked! We need more than Pick 7 to fix our woes, and I'd much prefer a team with the culture that losing is never acceptable, than 'it's ok to lose just this once'. Winning and losing culture is not a tap that is turned on and off.

Well. There is at least one "supporter" on this page that would see a 12th placed finish as ammo to have a go at the current coaching staff.

Something along the lines of "see - we have a new coach and we could only finish one place better". Shoulda picked Sumo.

Well we can't play east perth mk2 as they aren't over there

Players don't tank, however what we saw with the hawks in the first quarter and Sydney yesterday, is a side with little to play for is hard to motivate and don't play their best footy

Personally I don't think dropping a meaningless game in the final round is going to instill a losing culture

If it did, Sydney are in big trouble for this years flag

There will be meaning for the 22 out there today - a lot of them kids that want to play in a winning side. I'm not saying we should ask the players to go hard at the opposition (and risk suspensions) or just push themselves too hard full stop (and risk injuries) - what I'm asking for is a good display showing intent and giving us signs of what 2015 could hold. It doesn't matter if we end up losing - but it does matter if we lose because we chose to throw in the towel before the opening bounce.

Fcuk tanking, we play to win. I'm glad now that it is all over we didnt make finals, as we didnt deserve to and the players would have considered this year a success. We need the fire of disappointment to drive them in 2015 above mediocrity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back