Preview Changes V Port Adelaide (team in OP, no change, Grundy, BK and Schazza emergencies)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
[***Mod edit, selected team added***]

Collingwood

FB: Marley Williams, Nathan Brown, Tom Langdon
HB: Brayden Maynard, Jack Frost, Alan Toovey
C: Steele Sidebottom, Dane Swan, Adam Oxley
HF: Tim Broomhead, Jesse White, Jamie Elliot
FF: Darcy Moore, Travis Cloke, Jarryd Blair
Foll: Jarrod Witts, Jack Crisp, Scott Pendlebury
Int: Alex Fasolo, Taylor Adams, Travis Varcoe, Jordan De Goey

Emergencies

Brodie Grundy, Ben Kennedy, Matthew Scharenberg

Must win game, can't go into the 2nd half of the season on a losing streak. Another close loss would be heartbreaking. Port Adelaide are struggling this season, we simply must win.

In: Greenwood Kennedy

Out: Maynard Oxley

A few other players I'd like to drop but no one really in the VFL to replace them.

I think Moore should be given a few more games, competes well and didn't get many opportunities. I'd love to see what he can do when he actually gets some space and kicks to advantage, at the moment it's pretty much being bombed on his head in a pack of 10.

Maynard was okay but needs more time to develop in the VFL. Looks a likely type.

Greenwood could be a big boost for the team and adds much needed experience. Kennedy is a young gun and deserves a crack.

Oxley is too hit and miss at the moment, needs a spell in the VFL to get some confidence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Out Maynard blair white
In sharanberg kennendy grundy

Agree with most supporters Moore deserves 3 or 4 games.
Moore could be the player we are looking for.
Maybard blair very stiff but would love to see sharanberg and kennendy.Maynard can come in later on in the year

White also stiff but we cant play Witts Moore and Grundy

Toovey Brown Williams
Varcoe Frost Langdon

Witts Pendlebury Greenwood
Crisp Sidebottom Broomhead

Adams Cloke Fasolo
Grundy White Elliott

Int
Swan Blair De Goey Scharenberg

Emer
Kennedy Oxley Maynard Seedsman Marsh Moore

Out Maynard blair white
In sharanberg kennendy grundy

Agree with most supporters Moore deserves 3 or 4 games.
Moore could be the player we are looking for.
Maybard blair very stiff but would love to see sharanberg and kennendy.Maynard can come in later on in the year

White also stiff but we cant play Witts Moore and Grundy
Also concerned our very young team could face a downer in the next 2 or 3 games. I Hope i am wrong

Maynard was better than Toovey, wouldn't be dropping him yet. Put him as sub next week.

My dream changes, but it wont happen.

In: Scharenberg, Reid, Greenwood, Grundy
Out: Toovey, Frost, Oxley, White

Wrapped with our effort last two weeks, would have loved a win or two.
But realistically we have done well and hopefully can pick up from here after seeing how we can match up with the power houses.

Think PA will be going all out to win this with their backs to the wall.

A real danger game and could lose some mojo if we drop this one.

Need to get Elliott back in form and maybe Grundy back too.

Like to persist with Moore as I liked what he brought with endeavour and is always competing, think he will be better than Daniher in time.

Another week, another in form small forward.

A fair few might disagree, but i think Sinclair could be crucial, i really rate him as a small defender and what he adds as a rebound defender, combining with Williams could be deadly on the counter. An in form Sinks could have been the difference the last two weeks.

Shut down Wingard and we can and should win well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid? Seriously? Inst' even playing VFL, so he's 0%, actually he's less then 0% chance of playing vs Port.

In; Grundy, Greenwood, Goldsack

NO MUCKING AROUND, bring in the experience, don't really care who goes out at this stage (anger talking).

We should murder Port. No excuses, no more honourable losses.

I think we used up everything the last 2 weeks. I suspect Port will roll us only because we'll be exhausted.

In: Marsh, Kennedy, Grundy, Greenwood
Out: Toovey, Maynard, Moore, Fasolo (needs to be taught a lesson for being a smart ass)

I would bring in Grundy,Greenwood,and Sinclair,if fit.Port have a lot of small nippy forwards and those are the type that's been killing us in the last couple of weeks.Out go Moore,Maynard(yes i know they weren't bad,but we have to win this game),and probably Oxley who looks like he could do with a rest.

out: Maynard, Moore, Toovey, DeGoey
In: From Marsh, Goldsack if ok, kennedy, Scharenberg or Greenwood
sub: Elliot
(Elliots no-shows the last 2 big games have cost us)

In: Grundy, Greenwood, Kennedy, Sinclair
Out: White, Maynard, Fasolo/Elliott, Toovey

Keep Moore in, I know he didn't do much but I want to give him an extended run to give him a taste of the top level. Play Oxley more in the back half than some of the wingman work he did. We've got the likes of Swan and Broomhead who can play on the outside to cover.

I think we used up everything the last 2 weeks. I suspect Port will roll us only because we'll be exhausted.

In: Marsh, Kennedy, Grundy, Greenwood
Out: Toovey, Maynard, Moore, Fasolo (needs to be taught a lesson for being a smart ass)

I don't buy that. From a fitness standpoint we ran out the game well despite coming off Freo in WA, and I haven't seen anything from this group to suggest it's that mentally soft. Port are ripe for the picking and they should be raring for a win after getting so tantalisingly close the fortnight before.

Haven't watched the whole game yet, but base on reports I'll go with.

Out: Toovey, Oxley
In: Sinclair, Scharenberg

Will change it after I watch the game and get VFL reports.

I don't think you tinker much with that, it almost came together tonight. Maynard looks ok but was a bit surprised to see him in and maybe not quite there yet, got moved around easily by bruest once or twice. I think Moore stays, I think he can adjust quickly. I actually don't think greenwood is automatic, we matched an awesome midfield in every aspect except finishing class, which greenwood doesn't provide. Selection is getting tougher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back