Preview Changes V Port Adelaide (team in OP, no change, Grundy, BK and Schazza emergencies)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Sinclair (first half on Wingard) Grundy
Out Maynard Moore

Must win this week......honourable loses mean nothing if we lose AGAIN.

In:
-Brodie Grundy
-Levi Greenwood

Out:
-Jesse White
-Brayden Maynard

Few Points:
*Grundy and Greenwood(If he is ok) are ready to go surely they don't need another game in the VFL, don't think it'll do them much good.
*Jesse White just needs to find his form
*Brayden Maynard just isn't up to AFL standard(Like PK-He's a VFL player)
*Paul Seedsman looks like he needs a rest so another half game in the VFL and he'll be ready.
*Kennedy hasn't proved himself in the AFL and has had enough chances despite his VFL form.
*No one else stood out in the VFL that should be in contention.

Whites form isn't bad, it's his ability to kick clutch goals that is the issue.

Completely ignorant would be to use selective facts. If he had 15 possessions in the second half that would equate to 3 possessions in the first half and would have been close to our worst player. Happens continually with Fasolo that he drifts in and out of games.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda kicked 3-4 goals .... Yeah right. Kicked 1 ...LOL.

I'm definitely a fan of Fasolo as he has plenty of talent and has not been short of opportunities to deliver. He just needs to find that high level consistency that has so far eluded him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not denying Fasolo was shithouse in the first half. What I will add though, is that in the past when Fas has a poor first half, he will have a s**t game overall. He didn't do this on Friday night though. He pulled his finger out and worked harder to get involved in the game. He missed 2 bread and butter snaps for a guy like him. Showing a greater level of maturity in his game lately. You can LOL all you want.

Whites form isn't bad, it's his ability to kick clutch goals that is the issue.

Yep and Missing Clutch Set Shots is not something that you want to Struggle with to keep your Spot in the Side and Your not a Key Player like Cloke

I'm disregarding what's been said on the previous 10 pages and declaring there have only been two players worthy of a call up from the magoos this year - Kenno and Marshy.

Not hard to guess who goes out for them right now.

Without having 2 go back thru the past few pages.....does anyone no what's happening with Greenwood!!
Very likely re injured his ankle or being rested for Port according to your optimism levels

Waiting on Balmey's report to confirm which

Without having 2 go back thru the past few pages.....does anyone no what's happening with Greenwood!!
Some dude who knows a dude who spoke to davoren said he's out for a few weeks I believe.

It's rock solid

Very likely re injured his ankle or being rested for Port according to your optimism levels

Waiting on Balmey's report to confirm which

Haha well obviously I can't wait 4 him 2 break into the team mate but you hear so many different things ya just don't no what to believe that's all!!

There was no pressure to win from outside/media the last 2 weeks as no one expected us to win,
THIS WEEK is different. We'll go in with expectation to win. We tend to struggle as the hunted as opposed to the hunters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigFooty Selection committee member thoughts:

Moore fits exceptionally well in our team structure. We don't have a genuine 2nd key forward; we have 2 first rucks in Grundy and Witts, a corked Ben Reid and a ruck/forward in Jesse White. Darcy's athletic attributes are quite complementary to a power forward like Cloke, and the inclusion of White means we have a very mobile team of key position forwards. However, that being said, its completely reasonable bringing Grundy back and trying to use our two rucks to combat Lobbe and Ryder.
Maynard was thrown to the wolves and I think can be quite capable if he gets only a few more games under his belt. Goldsack if fit would displace him, and Scharenberg could also replace either him or Oxley as like-for-likes. If not, Sinclair is the only player I'd expect would come in, though I'd like him to take Toovey's spot as they play similar lock-down roles. Sinclair is a bit more offensive, while I still think Toovey is more trustworthy defensively despite him conceding 5 goals against Rioli on the weekend.

In any case, these will probably be the changes:

In: Sinclair, Grundy
Outs: Maynard, Moore

I would prefer no change though!

Last edited:
I want Seedsman to come in and play his 50th asap. And I want Scharenberg to debut too.

Grundy should come in if able, same goes for Greenwood.

So whats the feel for this game guys?
I think we will win but it will not be easy, a very tough game. Close all the way and we win by 14 is my tip
After losing the past 2 games that we should of won, I have no doubt in my mind that we will lose to Port.

Port's defense doesn't seem too great this year, so we should still kick a winning score if the midfiled gets on top, even with the current unsettled forward line. Our defense is dong well so should restrict Port's forwards enough. WE just need to bring the same level of intensity but I don't think therre's much worry about that. Would need to have a 6 goal lead at 3/4 time though to feel comfotrtable, due to 6 day break and last 2 very tough games.

Port's defense doesn't seem too great this year, so we should still kick a winning score if the midfiled gets on top, even with the current unsettled forward line. Our defense is dong well so should restrict Port's forwards enough. WE just need to bring the same level of intensity but I don't think therre's much worry about that. Would need to have a 6 goal lead at 3/4 time though to feel comfotrtable, due to 6 day break and last 2 very tough games.

Nah, actually our defense is doing great- as rubbish as our general play has been, our defense is holding up fine. Our % is 97.1. Our biggest loss is 48 and our average points against is 86.

Our midfield is mediocre and our forward line dysfunctional. That's where our problems lie.

The great unknown is the impact the loss of Phil Walsh's life has on Port.

Correct.

At our best, we can rip Hawthorn a new one and at our worst we get over-run by bloody Brisbane and Carlton.

I don't think it matters what Collingwood do. The question is which Port show up. If it's the $hit-house mediocre one that's been playing the last month you guys won't have to break sweat to get the four points though.

But maybe Phil Walsh's tragic death will fire up our guys. Impossible to predict before hand.

Looking forward to this game though, I like Collingwood, a good young team with great energy.

Part of me thinks you guys should unleash the Giant too (I presume you're talking Mason Cox) because it would be great if he made it.

Big call after Maynard has only played one game. He's attack in the ball and intensity is much better than PK's just needs to get used to the speed of the game.
Ye true, but against Port we need a good team as it is a must win game and at the moment he isn't ready. The current team is young enough so there is no need to rush these young players in who aren't ready and he definatley isn't ready.

So you want Toovey's man to win the game for Port too?
Don't understand the hate on Toovey, he is one the top defenders and wasn't the only back unable to keep up with the pace of the Hawks attack. The game plan from the Hawthorn attack was always going to outplay our defence.

Out. Moore, Maynard and Varcoe
In. Grundy, Sinclair and Scharenberg

I think Varcoe is almost a certainty to get a week or two for that.

We need Sinclair in the sides, we have lost the last two games because of small forwards, in fact have struggled for a while now in stopping small forwards.

Williams - Wingard
Sinclair/ Toovey - Monfries

Tip: Pies by 3 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back