Preview Changes V Port Adelaide (team in OP, no change, Grundy, BK and Schazza emergencies)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should have made that clearer then, because it sounded a hell of a lot like you were writing him off as VFL standard only, period.

The problem with this attitude though, is that not every debutant is going to come in and instantly set the world on fire. Broomhead for instance, needed a sustained run of games under his belt before being able to really show what he was capable of at the top level. Maynard had some stuff ups, but at the same time, he certainly didn't disgrace himself, and did some really nice things. He is a beautiful kick of the footy. One of his long passes to Toovey was sublime, beautifully weighted. It was a shame Tooves ballsed it up when he dropped dropped the mark and turned it over. It might not happen, but I'd like to see Maynard get a run of at least 3 games to see if he is able to adjust properly to senior footy before being dropped back to the VFL. Alternatively, I'd like to see Marsh get a crack at Goldsack's role. He has been our best performed defender this year in the two's and deserves to get a debut.
I think it was a bad time to debut as many players are coming back the next week. I would've liked to see Marsh have a crack instead of Maynard against Hawthorn as Marsh would've been fast Enough to prevent the goals from Turnovers.

I think it was a bad time to debut as many players are coming back the next week. I would've liked to see Marsh have a crack instead of Maynard against Hawthorn as Marsh would've been fast Enough to prevent the goals from Turnovers.

Marsh would have created more goals from turnovers himself. His kicking is very erratic.

I thought 2 goals 9 in the third quarter was the difference.
Or selecting Moore to debut before he is ready after a 3 kick game the previous week
Or giving Blair the green vest.
Or a stinker from Jamie Elliot.

I wish people would make their minds up!

Blair was fantastic as the sub. It's just a campaigner of a rule. Can't wait til they * it off next season.

Marsh would have created more goals from turnovers himself. His kicking is very erratic.
It wasn't the actual turnovers that killed us , it was the way the Hawks were able to sprint into our empty forward line after the turnovers as we had pushed up the ground and were unprepared for an attack, I think that's when Marsh would've been helpful.

It wasn't the actual turnovers that killed us , it was the way the Hawks were able to sprint into our empty forward line after the turnovers as we had pushed up the ground and were unprepared for an attack, I think that's when Marsh would've been helpful.
Same thing. And I doubt it given their precision ball use. Maynard is a better kick. I too thought Toovey should have marked that ambitious pass. That said I'd like to see Marsh given a go.

IN: Grundy
OUT: Moore

Be nice to see Moore get a few games but Grundy needs to come back into the side and he's the logical out to accommodate that.

Goldsack is the only player who didn't get a run at either level on the weekend who appears likely to come straight in but more likely he won't be available. Maynard would be vulnerable if Goldsack was available but with Sinclair and Scharenberg not quite ready he may well hold his spot. Marsh might be considered as a replacement.

Kennedy also in the frame given his performance on the weekend but who goes out to accommodate that?

The way we set up and push up the ground, turnovers absolutely kill us. That's generally how teams have been able to score quickly against us. I've watched Marsh closely in the VFL and he is awesome athletically and great 1on1, but often completely shanks kicks coming out of defense. At AFL level (particularly against a team like Hawthorn), that kind of thing kills you.

In: Grundy, Kennedy
Out: Moore, Oxley

Need the two ruckman to combat Lobbe and Ryder. I know it's seen as harsh to drop a first gamer but we did the same with De Goey and he bounced back... gives them a taste. Personally I thought more needed more time in the VFL up forward.

Maynard I think keeps his spot, he held puopolo accountable for most of the night. He had a few errors which cost us but I think you stick with him for another game, especially while sinclair and Ramsey are both returning from injury. They may look at Seedsman to come back in and take his place.

Oxley, I've been a big fan of the Ox but thought he was poor Friday night. He lacks strength in my opinion, gets tackled easily, and misses too many tackles. The game suits him where he's in space and can play as the spare man. He's a great kick but I think he needs more speed and intensity to demand a Wing position. Also noticed he was used up forward in the first half Friday night, just unclear of his best position at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of the rule it was a mistake to not have him in the starting 21.

Hes never really performed well against Hawthorn. I didnt mind him as the sub as he was very useful in the middle during the last quarter. With Swanny playing predominantly forward, I could see why they did it. We couldn't keep doing the same things against the hawks and expect a different result. No doubt he will start in the 21 this week though. Thinking Broomy will be sub.

Hes never really performed well against Hawthorn. I didnt mind him as the sub as he was very useful in the middle during the last quarter. With Swanny playing predominantly forward, I could see why they did it. We couldn't keep doing the same things against the hawks and expect a different result. No doubt he will start in the 21 this week though. Thinking Broomy will be sub.

Thats even a more ridiculous reason. Hes in career best form, hes a hardened body, and four quarters from him would have been better than one. Selection should be on form not on perception. Broomhead should have been given the vest or maybe even De Goey. Elliott with the vest I might have understood due to indifferent form....he might get get that this week!

In: Grundy, Greenwood
Out: Moore, Maynard

Then next week, in Reid for Witts.

If you're anticipating a ruckman going out after this weeks game then wouldn't it be more logical to retain the better performed one? Nominating Witts just a tad premature.

Scharenberg debuting in front of his friends and family at home would be pretty special for him if it was to occur.

We're his family and Melbourne is now his home.

Yep he was ok but no lock in our best 22 though

Agreed - still a fringe player. Is averaging 20 touches, 5+ tackles and a goal a game over the last 3 weeks. Isn't doing a lot wrong but still nowhere near his full potential.

Over rated in my humble opinion, and is playing for his career this year. He continually under performs when it counts, and again was not up to it last night. Really want to see the other options this year like Kennedy to see if he can offer us something, or maybe even Karnezis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Disagree, thought Faz was one of the catalysts in the 3rd. People would be raving about his game if he'd kicked 3.1 instead of 1.3.

I feel broomhead is on the verge of "breaking out" the last few weeks his first half has been very good, but he just can't seem to put in a 4 quarter performance right now. I think he could be worth persisting with at the level with no need to drop him back.

Wouldn't be against him coming out for Kennedy as his performances deserve a full run in the seniors and he seems the obvious replacement as Blair has clearly won his spot back.

I'd be brining in Grundy to battle the two rucks, so

Out Moore, Oxley
In: Grundy,??

I hope shaz but don't think the coaching staff think he's quite ready, I don't really care who comes in for Oxley, as long as Oxley isn't in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back