Preview Changes v Saints Rd 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a LOT of trouble deciding who comes in for Linsanity.

Wallis - if fit and ready, he's probably first in line and will provide a bit of freshness to what will be an exhausted midfield brigade

Hunter - has been playing well in the VFL but not exactly a like for like replacement. His creativity and skill would suit our new style, not sure his defensive work is where it needs to be (haven't had a chance to see much VFL beyond the televised game, someone correct me if he's improving here)

Dale - would be a good game to give young Bailey his debut. Has also been performing well at VFL level and has shown a knack for finding the goals

Grant - provides pace, creativity and goal sense without being someone who gets a lot of possessions. I was against having him in ahead of a few others at the start of the year but his performances have impressed me

Biggs - quality ball user that had a good last game in the VFL after one of those 'almost' games against Box Hill. Don't think he'd go anywhere near replacing Jong in terms of contested stuff but would provide another bloke who could hurt the Saints on the rebound where we've been doing our best work
Good analysis

Sounds like Wallis is unlikely according to Stevo on Twitter. Bevo might finally have to pull the Moyd card. He won't if he doesn't have to though. I like Grant for Jongs pace to be honest and just more inside minutes for clay

We can cover Jongy OK against the Saints but it's against Freo where we'll miss him particularly I think. A big fast tackling machine, an aerial ayce with an increasingly effective attacking game. A real pity. At home too.

You can all be happy, because Jong out pretty much stamps Cordy being dropped, without Jong as third up he has no safety net. How do we replace Jong... ...
Woody gets it up pretty high. He's good at rising to the occasion.
Hamling can cover his arse down back.
We look so much more potent this year.

Alright I reckon with honey, Dahl, bonts, macrae, Boyd, picken, hrovat, stevens and clay in the team I'm ok with not bringing in another clearance mid. I'd go grant for the other stuff Jong brings (pace and leap) and hunter to see what some class does to our set up. Starting to think minsons a necessity though

Wallis in for Jong, Minson for Cordy.. Maybe Grant for Clay Smith... Thats about it.......

Wallis in for Jong, Minson for Cordy.. Maybe Grant for Clay Smith... Thats about it.......
I'm not going to rule it out completely, but I will be surprised if Wallis plays this week. Consider him to be a 25% chance of playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dale or McLean for Jong. Whichever one Bev reckons can implement the zone best. Hrovat into the guts for Jong, Bont to take 3rd man up duties. Let's stick with what's working and Hopefully Jongy is back against Freo.

Agree Hrovat has to get more midfield time this week. He is a midfielder not a forward, here's your chance time for him to step up.

Bonts would be great in the third man ups but honestly you want him at ground level sharking the taps

I dont think Ayce will be dropped for this game.. Bev seems to be convinced that Cordy gives us a bit around the stoppages

I'd like to see hunter come in for Jong. He's had his ass kicked and has responded. Time to reward him. Hunter is actually a very good clearance player.

Smith can go and find some touch in the vfl while he gets his tank back to afl level. Dale comes in as the sub to provide some wheels.

I'd pick Minson (longer has been low-key outstanding this year), but I'm not even going to begin to predict what the drink will do here. So that aside:

Out - Jong, smith
In - hunter, Dale

Fb: wood roughie Roberts
Hb: murph talia boyd
C: hrovat bonti macrae
Hf: Stevens Crameri dickson Ff: stringer Boyd honey
R: ????? Picken Dal
Ic: hunter, JJ, Webb
Sub: Dale

Grant for Jong
Campbell/Minson for Cordy

I'd love to bring Hunter or one of the new guys in but we really need every player to bring manic defensive pressure for our game plan to function. Grant has turned the corner in this regard. Not so sure about Hunter and haven't seen enough of the new guys.

Out: Jong, Cordy
In: Hunter, Minson/Campbell

FYI - If we keep Cordy in, who's going to win tap outs around the ground with Jong out?

Out: Jong, Cordy
In: Hunter, Minson/Campbell

FYI - If we keep Cordy in, who's going to win tap outs around the ground with Jong out?
To answer your question, that would be whoever was rucking for St Kilda.

At this point in time, if it aint broke, don't fix it.
Assuming everyone else from Saturday has pulled up OK it's a simple swap of Jong out, Hunter/Grant in

Damn, Jongy out is a big loss.

Think we can cover his inside work by not having Hrovat as the sub and playing him more through the middle.

His burst and aerial skills will be harder to cover.

I still think we might rest one or two. We'll see. If it's Webb then Biggs can cover.

Shame Wally hasn't come up.

Hunter's form to be rewarded, I reckon.

Out: Jong
In: Hunter

I just can't figure out who should be sub. Hunter I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back