Preview Changes v West Coast, Rd 22 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

How many times has a late out been replaced by a non-emergency? It's not a complete joke, but your 2 examples aren't wrong either. Both those guys would be replaced outside the emergency list, but they're probably the only examples (and JJ).
Correct - If lever drops out, Otten not Shaw will replace him ;)

The emergencies are not a joke.

That's being very generous. He's actually kicked just 5 goals across 16 games.
Unbelievable, just unbelievable...scary thing is he's getting 30touches in the SANFL each week, and i'm afraid it's only a matter of time until we see

In Wright out Knight

Then again, surely it could be argued that by getting 30touches in the SANFL he is no longer performing a non-statistical role so does not warrant a recall?

But again it's floored logic ....because next week it'll be 3 different emergencies

It's a rotation policy

Hadn't noticed that. My un-researched memory is that often players get dropped from the team to emergency and also get elevated from there when a spot opens up. Woukd be an interesting exercise with some spare time and a PC.

Hadn't noticed that. My un-researched memory is that often players get dropped from the team to emergency and also get elevated from there when a spot opens up. Woukd be an interesting exercise with some spare time and a PC.
I know your'e up to it ;):p

Unbelievable, just unbelievable...scary thing is he's getting 30touches in the SANFL each week, and i'm afraid it's only a matter of time until we see

In Wright out Knight

Then again, surely it could be argued that by getting 30touches in the SANFL he is no longer performing a non-statistical role so does not warrant a recall?
Have you worked out what the hi-lighted part tells you?

Have you worked out what the hi-lighted part tells you?
When will they wake up and show some needed ruthlessness? VB has to go, he's just not up to it, and Lyons has to get a full game. This kid's got real talent. Just play him and watch him get better and better. They've really mucked him around and could lose him. I'd hate to see that. And finally, stop kidding yourselves; use your logic - Danger is GONE, end of story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except that outside of 2 types of players an emergency replaces a late out every other time. It shows that those 3 are ahead of 16 odd players for every other position apart from 2 or 3. You know I'd love to fully agree, Dmac's an emergency and it scares the s**t out of me. I'd love it to be completely meaningless, but it's not.

I wouldn't be too concerned about who is on the emergency list. I'd rather all our young players get a game in the SANFL on Saturday instead of missing out on the unlikely chance of getting into the AFL squad thanks to a late change.

Mackay is a logical emergency, so is Otten.

Maybe, just maybe Grigg is in for... well i'm hoping VB, but that's unlikely.
Hope so. Just watched the second quarter against brissy where we kicked 8 goals. VB was beaten one on one 3 or 4 times, and burnt the ball the same number as well. And that was in a quarter that was otherwise one way traffic. Game is well and truly past him.

Hope so. Just watched the second quarter against brissy where we kicked 8 goals. VB was beaten one on one 3 or 4 times, and burnt the ball the same number as well. And that was in a quarter that was otherwise one way traffic. Game is well and truly past him.

We're carrying him to 200 - which is ******* ridiculous.

Ohhhh .....so Tex goes down flu ....and top emergency automatically comes in :confused:

Yeah nice work mate, truly well done, you bringing this up shows that you did not read the rest of my post at all and only paid attention to part you highlighted. This is what I was talking about when I mentioned different positions, if Tex was under a cloud they would named Pods as an emergency, sometimes that's not necessary though but clubs will usually have at least 1 tall just in case. My point is this, if we have a late change on sunday, who is more likely to come in for another tall, Otten or Shaw?

CEY not even on 25 man squad, travelling emergency last week, banished again.
Blah on MacKay
All you guys complaining about CEY not being listed as an EMG are surely taking the piss right?

His past few games in the SANFL have been rather underwhelming - based on stats and those listed as BOG for our side (really, outside of his first game back at SANFL level where he had 38 touches and 2 goals, his stats haven't been anything special). I can only assume it was his turn to be the traveling emg last week rather then him being rewarded for his ~14 odd touches the week before. Of course it sucks for him but guys like Grigg/Kerridge need to continue to mount their case, Wright and Mackay are in there to try put their hand up so I assume CEY was the unfortunate one that had to travel - and should there have been a late change, we'd know we've got someone that's played at AFL level this year and looked pretty comfortable (personally prefer what he brought to the team over M.Crouch). So off the back of 14 touches and then not playing last week since he was an EMG, are people really that surprised he wasn't selected as an EMG for a second week running?

And are people really complaining about Pods being listed as emg earlier in the year? We've made very few late changes this year so basically it's just anyone getting put up there and if he's the one that has to travel and miss playing in the SANFL, isn't that the best case for us? Lets those younger guys that are pushing for a spot a chance to continue to back up their form.

Just feels like a number on here have some crazy, unrealistic expectations.

I haven't read many of the above comments since the 25 was named. But personally I'd love to see Otten and Lever both play. Otten has down well on Darling in the past, Talia to Kennedy obviously, Hartigan the resting ruck then that leaves Lever to go third man up and run off. Sounds a lot better than Cheney playing as that runner from half back. Yes it's probably a little tall but why not take the risk...

Or even Otten played forward a little the year Walker did his knee, why not try and extra tall down forward? Then we finally have 3 blokes who can play tall...

This is the team I believe would knock over the Eagles this weekend from the 25 chosen...

B: Brown - Talia - Hartigan
HB: Henderson - Lever - Laird
C: Smith - Thompson - Grigg
HF: Lynch - Walker - Cameron
F: Betts - Otten - Jenkins
R: Jacobs - Danger - Sloane
I: Douglas - Atkins - Knight - M.Crouch

But realistically I cannot see our selection panel leaving out VB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back