Changes v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

"Wingard will play, but we're going to lose Jack Hombsch to some hamstring soreness," Hinkley said.

"We're not taking any risks with Hombschy, in the same way we didn't with Chad last week.

"I suspect there'll only be one change."

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-04-17/wingard-confirmed-to-face-eagles

Booooo.

We had our structures looking good earlier in the season. But last week we dropped Butcher for Sam Gray, and now this week we lose Hombsch and replace him with Wingard? Kern, nobody wants to see the return of last year's midget line-up, especially not against the Weagles. If Hombsch is out, Butch or Clurey should come in to replace him and somebody like Impey should go out for Wingard.

Booooo.

We had our structures looking good earlier in the season. But last week we dropped Butcher for Sam Gray, and now this week we lose Hombsch and replace him with Wingard? Kern, nobody wants to see the return of last year's midget line-up, especially not against the Weagles. If Hombsch is out, Butch or Clurey should come in to replace him and somebody like Impey should go out for Wingard.

Guess Ken wants a running game on a big ground/"shootout". Could be a high scoring one.

Booooo.

In Kern we trust? :p

Losing two talls without replacing them over two weeks is concerning.

If Trengove or Westhoff are pinch hitting in the ruck we'll only have one KPP down their end of the ground.

I'm getting some serious Cale Hooker flashbacks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Booooo.

O'Shea being in covers Hombsch I'm thinking Ken is thinking, and after all the mail over here in WA the Eagles won't play 3 ruckman against our runners.If that's true Bobby and Jacko can cover Kennedy and Darling with Jonas being the 3rd tall defender if required.Makes perfect sense when ya look at it.Nic Nat the more n more I'm hearing won't play but I won't be surprised to see him named with West Coast taking a wait n see approach.I can see us winning similar to the Carlton game when we got pushed hard for 3 quarters then got away to be honest.

Based on last weeks West Coast lineup (and assuming NicNat plays, and Cox starts in the ruck).

Jonas - Kennedy (no thanks)
Stewart - Darling (no thanks)
or O'Shea - Darling
Trengove - Naitinui
Carlile - Lycett

They've had similar forward structure, playing either Sinclair or Lycett, each week.

I much prefer:

Carlile - Kennedy
Jonas - Darling
Trengove - Naitinui
Clurey - Lycett
Fairplay, no one mentioned 4 talls lol. Haven't paid attention to West Coast this year much myself.

Maybe Phil Walsh still has some loyal spies at West Coast and he doesn't think Nic Nat will play.
Yeh, there's no doubt we've got word he's not playing. Be interesting to see who our emergencies are though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing Hitchcock, Butcher and Newton
I think the emergencies will be Butch, Stewart and Moore. Probably makes more sense to have some height as back up rather than smalls for this one. Though I like your suggestion of Newton.

The Eagles will not play 3 ruckman this week.I live in Perth they are worried about our run have been thru out the media all week here.They will add some key mids and play to counter us.

West Coast have a ton of talls would be worried if we go in with only 2 KPFs and 2 KPDs

The extra talls haven't worked for us so far this year tbh and most posters on our board want the club to stop playing 3 rucks. You'd be better off with runners than trying to match our height - despite our tall forwardline we haven't been taking a lot of marks inside 50 either.

O'Shea being in covers Hombsch I'm thinking Ken is thinking, and after all the mail over here in WA the Eagles won't play 3 ruckman against our runners.If that's true Bobby and Jacko can cover Kennedy and Darling with Jonas being the 3rd tall defender if required.Makes perfect sense when ya look at it.Nic Nat the more n more I'm hearing won't play but I won't be surprised to see him named with West Coast taking a wait n see approach.I can see us winning similar to the Carlton game when we got pushed hard for 3 quarters then got away to be honest.

Agree, agree, agree...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back