Preview Changes v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be an interesting call on CEY and the club would know how he's feeling physically but there's no way I'd be flirting with his confidence. He's establishing himself in the AFL and is renowned for not naturally having a lot of self belief…keep the golden run going!

Personally I would've omitted Wright and got Lyons into the 21 (if Cameron needed to be dropped).

Lyons will help us add to our midfield depth and rotations, we have enough forward pressure to cover for Charlie and suspect Danger/Wright/Douglas etc will play that resting mid role down there.

Like the look of our team, im pumped for the game... Heading over Sunday to watch in the corporate box! Boss gave me tickets today unexpectedly... :D:D

Zero chance? Isn't that what some posters said on Tuesday when I explained why Phil would bring in Lyons instead of Grigg or Matty Crouch :rolleyes:.

Zero chance of Wright being the sub (Phil's book of rules page 47) so it's Lyons, Jaensch or CEY. I think it is highly likely to be Lyons but I still think CEY is a sneaky chance. It's not just players over 30 that should be managed. Players new to the AFL find it very difficult to play out a full season.

Yep, zero chance.

And I was completely in the Lyons will be brought in ahead of Grigg and Crouch camp btw.

I'd put it at 75% Lyons, 22% Wright, 3% late inclusion as far as sub likelihood goes.

Lyons will help us add to our midfield depth and rotations, we have enough forward pressure to cover for Charlie and suspect Danger/Wright/Douglas etc will play that resting mid role down there.

Like the look of our team, im pumped for the game... Heading over Sunday to watch in the corporate box! Boss gave me tickets today unexpectedly... :D:D
Unfortunately I think Lyons will be in green again as Wright won't be sub 2 weeks running.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where this often starts is in the fanboi dream team forums/facebook pages. Someone innocently asks if the rumour that (insert player many people have in their team) is out is true as a joke.

A few take it seriously and it spreads from there to the point you might hear it from a couple of places. Where there's smoke...

Where there's smoke...

There's a bunch of idiots stumbling around screaming "FIRE" while someone giggles and throws another smoke grenade at them

I don't think Walsh is keen on one player being the sub two weeks in a row, the only reason why I don't think Wright will be the sub again this week.

There is this concept of shame. In Indigenous culture, if you draw attention to yourself in an undesirable way it is called a "shame job". A person in authority can unwittingly deal out a shame job which has ramifications.

Think Japanese culture where if you bring great shame upon your family it is such a bad thing that hari-kari is sometimes required. Just minus the Hari-Kari. The shame job will cause a person to withdraw from the situation.

It is a real problem in Indigenous education. Traditional white systems can cause this severe embarrassment which exacerbate educational issues.

"The DVD" is one example of how not to do it, for anyone really, but especially so for Indigenous lads.
I get that. I just didn't see how it explained 'tuck inside a sealed envelope' which, if it means 'go into his shell', does seem pretty cryptic. FWIW I thought Tambling was mishandled by Craig and Sando. He showed signs of being a solid contributor for us before the rug was pulled out from under him.

Unfortunately I think Lyons will be in green again as Wright won't be sub 2 weeks running.
Hopefully Lyons gets a full game rotating between mid & small forward. I am a big fan of his, but he needs to either cement his spot in the team or make way for someone else. We have so much competition for his position he needs to grab it or he will be trade bait.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back