Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Patch said after the game he should come up for next week
Doc said Drew's condition - adductor tightness - was uncertain and would have to see how he pulls up over the weekend
Swallow was dazed from a stray boot to the head but should be ok for next week
Ziebs could be facing another holiday

What changes if any for next week? I wouldn't be surprised if we take in the same team, pending any of the above. Tonight was probably the best 22 we've had all year.

Yeah probably no unforced change - Campbell did enough to at least start sub again, Harper was good, Gibson was good, Macmillan was better, Basti was quiet, nearly everyone else is not under pressure for their spot in the 22.

Still, VFL players should not be disheartened. If someone dominates, they will put themselves into contention for a spot after any bad performance coming up.

Launched off the ground and made contact with a players head, causing injury taking no further part in the game and now sidelined for weeks. Not sure the MRP will be "fine" with it.
Didn't get him in the head, hit shoulders/ribs, eyes for the footy. Fair bump, you are allowed to jump for the ball even if it means bumping a player in the process

Not sure I'd want to tinker with a winning formula at the moment, but JMac has played every game this year, perhaps time to give him a rest and bring in say a Speight or Siera to play his role, see what they have to offer, showcase some of our depth to get a feel for where it's at. Could be handy later on should injuries strike.

Didn't get him in the head, hit shoulders/ribs, eyes for the footy. Fair bump, you are allowed to jump for the ball even if it means bumping a player in the process
Times have changed. The fact that Joseph has a facial injury and is out for weeks will count against Z. Unfortunately these days, damage done has an impact on the MRP decision. Duty of care and all that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Campbell was very effective as sub. Couple of times he could have taken guys on but instead gave off to a teammate. Had to tip my hat for a bloke fighting for his career.

Thought Campbell was very effective as sub. Couple of times he could have taken guys on but instead gave off to a teammate. Had to tip my hat for a bloke fighting for his career.

He isn't confident to take his man on anymore. I'm worried for Matty.

I don't think you can criticise Harper and JMac unless you know what their roles are in the team.
They could be doing a shut down job. The coaches must be happy with what they're doing, even if they aren't getting massive stats.

I wouldn't be bringing in Cunnington just yet. He does a lot of fantastic work off the ball at AFL level, but doesn't get it nearly enough. Let him grow his confidence in the 2's a bit more then bring him in after a solid 5-6 weeks.

Let's hope the nine day break gives Petrie, Swallow and Adams the time to recover, we need them at the G'.

If Ziebell gets weeks Cunnington or Greenwood would be the logical replacement.

Barring injury, I'd be making no changes. Actually I just had a look at Carlton's season to date and apart from two wins against Collingwood it's been shithouse. I think we're more likely to be tested this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back