Preview Changes vs Adelaide @ Subi

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to bring Barrass in soonish. Can't be left short if we are contending this year. We can't put a first gamer in a final if Schofield or McGovern go down. Needs at least a few games in case he's needed come September. No idea who we take out....

It seems like Yeo is the standby tall. I don't like it. I would like to see another tall down back but we may be seeing something different happening with smaller more agile high leaping players being the new approach. Last night for instance McGovern was able to be played forward. Who filled in for him down back?

Sinclair is lucky Lycett is out of form...he has done very little the last few games. Selwood needs some touch, and Duggan hasn't had much of the ball of late.

On Sinclair I thought he played quite well and was in some good passages of play. He won his fair share of hit outs 22 (nic 36). I would like to see him take more marks, but he may be instructed to bring the ball to ground. He seems to be getting bigger am I imagining that?

On Sinclair I thought he played quite well and was in some good passages of play. He won his fair share of hit outs 22 (nic 36). I would like to see him take more marks, but he may be instructed to bring the ball to ground. He seems to be getting bigger am I imagining that?
His tap over the back to Nic Nat in the forward pocket was a great passage of play.

Duggan only had it 7 times, but it felt like he was so much more influential than that. He got right in the guts a few times and got the ball, just doesn't have the strength to break tackles at the moment. I'd rather keep him in & get 10-15 quality disposals than have Rosa come in & give us 25-30 possessions, with numerous loopy helicopters to 3 on 3 contests. Only way I'd drop Duggan is if they believe he is at risk of breaking down at some point.

On Lycett - something is clearly not right, has to be struggling with some ailment.

Have to agree. I feel as though Sinkers has been down for a while now, and although I love his effort, he just doesn't do enough. Wouldn't mind seeing McInnes have a go as the second ruck, as I feel he'll offer more around the ground and up forward than Cal is at the moment.

McInnes seemed even more of a mark only type than Sinclair when he was in, so I can't see how you think he'll offer more around the ground.

Did he have a bad game tonight?

He didn't have a good game. Playing down a level where he's more physically competitive and moves to contests a little easier will be good for his actual game development, he can put into practice what he's picked up from playing AFL.

Rosa in for Selwood. I have no doubt that physically Selwood can dominate a Walf game and get confidence back by being one of the better players.

Rosa is playing better than Selwood (who isn't needed inside atm with Sheed/Priddis/Shuey capable) and should be rewarded

McInnes seemed even more of a mark only type than Sinclair when he was in, so I can't see how you think he'll offer more around the ground.
Fraser's ground level work is superior to Sinclair's IMO. Neither are great but there doesn't seem to be a huge amount separating the two

By around the ground, I mean his contribution to the team when he's not in the ruck, not his actual ground level ability. From what I saw of McInnes earlier this year, he seems to have far better skills than Sinclair. I was really impressed with how tidy his field kicking was for such a big fella, and I think his work on the lead is also better.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By around the ground, I mean his contribution to the team when he's not in the ruck, not his actual ground level ability. From what I saw of McInnes earlier this year, he seems to have fair better skills than Sinclair. I was really impressed with how tidy his field kicking was for such a big fella, and I think his work on the lead is also better.

We obviously see it differently, both are limited but Sinclair has actually shown at bit at times whereas I can't recall McInnes having what you'd actually call a good match. Lycett, for all his promise, has been completely underwhelming this year.

Sounds like the game will go ahead , though the Adelaide players will individually choose whether they play or not .

Emotionally tough situation for Adelaide and West Coast this week / weekend .

Simmo post-game press
- Asked re Selwood going to sub: It's a tough side to be in right now - you have to earn your keep - and he was a bit off last week. Hence, sub this week.
- Our mids have been rotating through the subs somewhat - his turn this week.
- Rosa was exceptional at EP today. It's tough for spots right now - but that's what we want. We need to balance development versus playing form players.
So Simmo said Selwood was s**t last week , he is still s**t today . Rosa is better so he is in next week

Fraser's ground level work is superior to Sinclair's IMO. Neither are great but there doesn't seem to be a huge amount separating the two

I prefer two ruckman

Sinclair is fine , competes hard and wears down his opponent for Nic Nat then to dominate

Also I'm thinking if it's not broken

On the Selwood, rosa Duggan or whoever .......

Rest anyone if they are sore ......if someone is starting to feel fatigued or sore rest them and rotate them through

So Simmo said Selwood was s**t last week , he is still s**t today . Rosa is better so he is in next week

Rosa gives gaff support also as an outside gut runner ..if gaff gets tagged means rosa will get of the leash

Rosa will play in our finals side .....that said I'm not dark on Selwood either..it's too easy to start potting blokes

He was ok v Melbourne as sub .....we need the depth

Rosa getting off the leash does really damage the opposition . His kicking i50 is average at best.

Rosa getting off the leash does really damage the opposition . His kicking i50 is average at best.
True

However when we have it they don't have it ....footy is rather simple game often over complicated

Three parts to,footy ......we have it, they have it .....no one has it .....

Rosa is reasonable when we have it and not bad at getting it back as in tagger ......I'd pick him ahead of Selwood

I thought Shep and Sheed looked a little proppy at the end of the game ... hope they are both right to go. Both had great games at the TIO.
Shep received a heavy knock and Sheed was feeling his hamstring a bit.

No injuries now, please!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back