Preview Changes vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

On the dogs board they are saying Wallis is way down on form as a tagger. Good news as im pretty sure he took care of Sloane last year. Adding to that, danger was also shut down so it wasn't looking good for us that day. If they both have days out, we win comfortably imo.

Kerridge to Griffen.

On the dogs board they are saying Wallis is way down on form as a tagger. Good news as im pretty sure he took care of Sloane last year. Adding to that, danger was also shut down so it wasn't looking good for us that day. If they both have days out, we win comfortably imo.

Kerridge to Griffen.
Danger to get off the leash again this weekend?

Your own argument falling flat? Now cheer leading somebody else's?

It didn't merit a response from you. Yet here you are...

Since this bloke has become moderator his contributions to the adelaide board have gotten more and more disruptive and inane, not to mention insecure. Derailing threads too. Demotion incoming I should think.

Are you ever going to address a point or should we just pen you in for a cheap one line troll or attempt at humour every time your name pops up?

Western Bulldogs are one of our bogey teams. For a team that has spent considerable time at the base of the table since our entry we have always found it difficult to beat them even in our halycon days on the mid to late 1990's.
This week is no certainty. I remember last year when Dickson and Campbell played well above their ability and helped take us to the cleaners.

What I would do:

Out: Reilly (omit), Douglas (susp)
In: Grigg, Otten (Assuming that Otten is considered 100% fit - if he's only 85% give him another week in the reserves and Reilly and Shaw survive the chop)

I am fully aware that Shaw is far more likely to make way than Reilly. I thought Luke Brown was awful on the weekend but he probably has enough points in the bank to stay in.

As much as I would like to see Jarryd Lyons given a game this week, we need to replace Dougie with a player with some pace. I also think it is a problem playing Truck on the super quick Etihad but unfortunately our selectors do not have the balls to keep him on the sidelines.

I would give Andy Otten one more game in the twos so for me it would be

In - CEY

Out - Dougie

As much as I would like to see Jarryd Lyons given a game this week, we need to replace Dougie with a player with some pace. I also think it is a problem playing Truck on the super quick Etihad but unfortunately our selectors do not have the balls to keep him on the sidelines.

I would give Andy Otten one more game in the twos so for me it would be

In - CEY

Out - Dougie

That's actually a very valid point, and one that could keep both Grigg and Otten out of the side this week.

They wouldn't bring in Brodie 'apparently provides run' Martin would they? :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It didn't merit a response from you. Yet here you are...

Since this bloke has become moderator his contributions to the adelaide board have gotten more and more disruptive and inane, not to mention insecure. Derailing threads too. Demotion incoming I should think.

Are you ever going to address a point or should we just pen you in for a cheap one line troll or attempt at humour every time your name pops up?
I see less complaints than when Vader did the job.
Carl's posting is distinct from his moderating - as was Vader's.
If you want to discuss moderating please bring it up in a PM and/or escalate to admins mate.
There are a couple of boring as batshit, to me, discussions going on at the moment of which he happens to be a part of. I'd recommend you all move on but you are all within your rights to continue to try and win the point scoring exercise.

That's actually a very valid point, and one that could keep both Grigg and Otten out of the side this week.

They wouldn't bring in Brodie 'apparently provides run' Martin would they? :eek:
I think they will bring in Grigg to sub, Lynch will go back to the forward rotations which releases one of Wright or Laird to pick up Dougies slack.

I think they will bring in Grigg to sub, Lynch will go back to the forward rotations and one of Wright or Laird will pick up Dougies slack.
Like the idea of Grigg being sub, single handedly got us back in the game in the Showdown last year.

I think they will bring in Grigg to sub, Lynch will go back to the forward rotations which releases one of Wright or Laird to pick up Dougies slack.

Logically that is what should happen I agree (Wright the most likely to be shifted into Dougie's role). Whether or not it eventuates is a completely different story. I wouldn't mind us handing CEY a debut either.

I'm fearing a blind Ben Rutten inclusion despite the fact that there is absolutely no matchup for him against the Dogs with Talia and Hartigan in the side (you quite simply couldn't drop Hartigan after his last couple of weeks), not to mention the fact that Etihad is far from the ideal environment for the old Truck. Would be a ridiculous inclusion IMO.

Bring Truck back to play on Dawes in Round 7 though. :thumbsu:

Making final <> dominate. You have changed the goal posts!

Imo crows should have their own under 18 team which becomes their sanfl feeder team. This different to having experienced players or dominant players but rather getting rid of the silly current top up setup arrangement.

Do you actually think the SANFL are going to allow the Crows to have a U/18 team when they have already stated that Port are going to lose theirs next year. Great in theory but it won't happen.

Football is only half the game here and I tend to agree with "Drugs".........are bad". The other half is politics and at the moment there is quite a bit of angst, fear and trepidation amongst the SANFL clubs as to what is happening to their competition.

Three weeks in and already murmurs are being heard that the two AFL teams are looking potentially like they could dominate the league. This may just be a perception but if Port thump West on the weekend and the Crows thump Glenelg (both are likely) then the chorus amongst the league to modify/hobble the AFL clubs influence/performances will become louder.
This year is done and dusted but if the two clubs are considered too strong then conditions will be introduced by the SANFL to artificially 'even' the playing field next year.

By not dominating the SANFL in the initial year of joining then these fears would have been allayed however the AFL state league clubs are all about improving their list and performances. A dominant Crows state league team may be good for the Crows but I can assure you it will not be without ramifications next year at the SANFL level.
The Crows and Port can only play to the conditions agreed too but sometimes less is better and small steps the more prudent course.

So is it Grigg or Lyons for Douglas this week ?? Or Otten which would require a re structure of sorts.

Otten for another week in the SANFL for mine and Lyons for his customary sub role. Does Rutten return, personally I would think not as our defence was great and theres no obvious match up.

Danger to get off the leash again this weekend?

I would suggest every coach has seen what happens when Danger gets off the leash.

I would also expect that he will be saddled and bridled tighter than Hannibal Lecter being transported from prison to prison for the rest of the year. Any coach that doesn't is asking for the sack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back