Changes Vs Carlton Rd 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just start selling spots in the team to random rich people with lots of $$$. This season is dead, half this team won't even get close to finals. May as well get ourselves out of debt at least.
Clive Palmer may be the big bodied forward that we have been looking for

Last edited:
McStay seems like the guy that would do really well in a team like Port, hard running team and if someone is lazy or don't produce they get dropped.

If Hinkely saw how McStay was playing just wading and cruising through games then McStay would be getting a very stern talking to like Polec did. If he didn't put any effort in, he would be dropped.

However, as the whole team is lazy it doesnt work. You can't drop the whole team so we have to keep playing Green and McStay.

I suspect (?hope) that Bourke might be one of those guys that plays much better with good players around him.
Suggesting we should trade him? :p

Reckon we should give west a shot once he is fit. Showed he could take a contested grab last year and could ruck when martin is on the bench. Would give us someone to kick at when goig forward And maybe take the oppositions best defender While he is at it.

Reckon we should give west a shot once he is fit. Showed he could take a contested grab last year and could ruck when martin is on the bench. Would give us someone to kick at when goig forward And maybe take the oppositions best defender While he is at it.

Few games in the Reserves for him first.

Harwood if he is fit enough is deserving of a run. He has shown the type of aggression we need in the past. Robinson too, a popular whipping boy around these parts also shows the hunger even if disposal and decision making let him down. Nick Robertson is a third one who has size and aggro about him to offer something in the middle.

None of them are brilliant players (although NRobbo has potential) but they offer toughness at least. Those three and Rocky having a full game gives us a bit of force in the middle. We really need to be in full beast mode from now on.

Plus M Robbo will be wanting a big game against Carlton - he has said since the start of the season he is looking forward to round 6. I'm expecting him to lay a few big hits on carlton players and possibly spend a few weeks on the sidelines suspended for it too. I hope he unleashes on them like he did to us a few years back in the video his brother posted on our boards....

Was thinking last night that Leuey could well find himself as our number 3 ruckman in a month or so if he doesn't pull his finger out and find some aggro. West can ruck a bit and is capable of pulling down the odd mark up forward.

West has never been a decent forward even when he was not coming off a long term injury.

Personally I drop Christensen. He is not running to a level expected of an AFL player and should be dropped until he does.

Harwood comes in and Paparone goes into the role Christensen was playing (albeit a bit more outside). Harwood the stronger body we need at the back and Paparone gives us a heap more defensive running than we are currently getting.

ZOB I bring in for Rocky. Rocky should be given a week off to get right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am also cutting Bundy a fair bit of slack, had almost all of last year off with injury, he had little to no preseason, he is elite, give him time. Personally, I think we would be better off playing bundy out of the backline, at least he would attempt to give us some run out of the half back line.

I am also bringing in Liam Dawson and playing him in the backline as well, he looked all class in the pre season, time to give this kid an extended run in the backs.

We have no choice but to bring Luey back and play him as a permanent forward. We just need someone to kick to. But, Luey needs to play forward 95 percent of the game because Martin is just a better player!

I would hope to see some more positional changes this week. We don't have much in the ressies so we need to mix up positions.

One move I would make is to send Adcock forward, I would like to see him become a leading target.

my team would resemble something like this

B.Dawson Gardiner Beams
HB. Bundy Clarke McStay
C. T.Cutler D.Beams Z.O'Brien
HF. Adcock Staker D.Rich
FF. Zorko Luey Paparone

Foll. Martin
Rockliff
Redden

Inter Lester, Harwood, Green sub Robinson

Did you see what I did there. I put our forward line in the hands of our more experienced players. This is what people who have some understanding about footy would do. This is my issue with our coaching staff, they want to send the kids out and put them to the sword!!!

Christensen looked flabby when he arrived and doesn't look like he has tightened up at all. Is this just how he is? Did he always look so unfit at Geelong?

I am also cutting Bundy a fair bit of slack, had almost all of last year off with injury, he had little to no preseason, he is elite, give him time. Personally, I think we would be better off playing bundy out of the backline, at least he would attempt to give us some run out of the half back line.

I am also bringing in Liam Dawson and playing him in the backline as well, he looked all class in the pre season, time to give this kid an extended run in the backs.

We have no choice but to bring Luey back and play him as a permanent forward. We just need someone to kick to. But, Luey needs to play forward 95 percent of the game because Martin is just a better player!

I would hope to see some more positional changes this week. We don't have much in the ressies so we need to mix up positions.

One move I would make is to send Adcock forward, I would like to see him become a leading target.

my team would resemble something like this

B.Dawson Gardiner Beams
HB. Bundy Clarke McStay
C. T.Cutler D.Beams Z.O'Brien
HF. Adcock Staker D.Rich
FF. Zorko Luey Paparone

Foll. Martin
Rockliff
Redden

Inter Lester, Harwood, Green sub Robinson
Looking at that team, we would be lucky to get 40 points. McStay while lazy at least contributes to goals while up forward. Staker injured is hamstring so he is out. Leuy is next to useless up forward, he can't clunk marks in NEAFL so he isn't going to be able to do it at AFL level.

Rich at HF is interesting and Cutler at Centre.

Also thought Dawson was more or a HF, didn't he get 'Elite' at goal scoring accuracy at the Combine?

I personally wouldn't drop Andrews (Doubt Leppa will as well) as he doesnt look tired and isn't of his league either. He is getting a goal a game and pretty decent in the ruck.
I like your position on Paps.

It doesn't really matter who we name in the side. The best thing we can do is start getting in and having a crack as a team. Start running hard for each other and stop waiting for one of your team mates to do it for you. They just aren't on the same page. This has been such a dysfunctional start to the season. We are so much better than this.

Christensen looked flabby when he arrived and doesn't look like he has tightened up at all. Is this just how he is? Did he always look so unfit at Geelong?
His body shape is stocky as opposed to thin but cut him a bit of slack. It is hard to get fit when you are stuck on the sidelines all pre season with an injury. Some sessions on a bike and light laps around the oval aren't going to have much of an impact overall by professional standards. He will be much fitter next season after a full season and a full pre season under his belt.

Does anyone feel like we kick at the player, not in front of him?

Diving marks are uncontested marks.

Occurred to me too. It would also simplify the game for him - he seems all over the place mentally.

McStay seems like the guy that would do really well in a team like Port, hard running team and if someone is lazy or don't produce they get dropped.

If Hinkely saw how McStay was playing just wading and cruising through games then McStay would be getting a very stern talking to like Polec did. If he didn't put any effort in, he would be dropped.

However, as the whole team is lazy it doesnt work. You can't drop the whole team so we have to keep playing Green and McStay.

Sadly, you have to have a Plan B for this approach and our cupboard is bare but it won't always be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back