Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool, Knicks, Yankees
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435905477.406821.jpg
no chance of him being a late in lads. He's in brisbane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Patrick Keane:

All entertainment pre/during/post game has been cancelled at all games, including playing winning teams song. The only thing that will remain will be Auskick. There will be a minutes silence and a tribute to Walsh prior to each game.

Not sure if this includes the showing of the movie or not.

Edit: The Dogs Twitter has said the movie will still go ahead.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Butane any chance you can run the age/games numbers for us again? Blues playing quite a few inexperienced players.

From the players selected to play this weekend.

Games Played
Average
Bulldogs: 78.3
Carlton: 76

Median
Bulldogs: 53
Carlton: 68.5

Bulldogs: 24.7
Carlton: 25.2

Median
Bulldogs: 23.5
Carlton: 25.6

From Patrick Keane:

All entertainment pre/during/post game has been cancelled at all games, including playing winning teams song. The only thing that will remain will be Auskick. There will be a minutes silence and a tribute to Walsh prior to each game.

I'm not sure all of that is entirely necessary. Of course everyone will pay their respects, but why make it into an all out silent affair?

I'm not sure all of that is entirely necessary. Of course everyone will pay their respects, but why make it into an all out silent affair?
I agree, each game should have a minute silence and a tribute video before the game. But it seems the AFL have just taken what Hawthorn & Collingwood wanted to do tonight and made everyone do it. Every club would have wanted to do something, I think they should be able to choose what that mark of respect is.

Yeah I'm not for no song after match, it will just make it such a sombre feeling when I would have thought it should be the time to get your mind off such a tragedy.

Like trying not to sound like a prick but is it wrong of me to feel happy if we win?

Not a big deal anyway. Feel so awful for Phil's family especially his daughter who is overseas and has to endure the long flight back.

Always loved hearing him speak about footy and coaching. We have lost a great man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Patrick Keane:

Edit: The Dogs Twitter has said the movie will still go ahead.

Can't agree with the no song part, that's going overboard. No point to try and keep everyone sombre & sad about the game

Selim

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ah man Boyd should be able to sing the song after woulds (if we win) it's his 250 I know it's sad that phill passed away but no point taking the enjoyment of winning
I was exicted to sing the song cause I only get to go to 2 matches a year and this was my second so I wanted to sing the song if we win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JTCWBFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool, Knicks, Yankees
We will definitely miss Boyd's impact competing the in aerial contest, hopefully Roughead can compete more in this regard.

Interestingly though, I think the one area of the game the Redpath is ahead of Boyd is his ability to lead up at the ball.

Hopefully with some quick ball movement, Jack can get on the end of a few inside 50.

Obi fella

Cancelled
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Williamstown
Spewing L Jones is named as an emergency only. Hoped he'd get a call up to refresh our minds about our new forward setup v the old.

Sam95

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Im going to the game, and was wondering I should be able to ga tickets at the gate ?

It's not often that you can drop two first year players and have a second year player rested/managed/knee sornessed and somehow your inclusions result in you having a less experienced team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back