Preview Changes Vs Cats Round 9

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2011, first few weeks of 2012 Selwood was an offensive weapon, and for the first 6 weeks of the year was arguably the in-form mid of the competition, was gunning it. I'm hoping he can recapture some of that form.

Naitanui to Selwood was a deadly combo.

We did play a few cellar dwellers in those first few weeks

Not overall related but wasn't sure where to post. Brown was on the footy fix Said he is recovering nicely. Also got probed on Yeo and Duggan said the thought of those 2 with Shuey makes him very happy from here to the future. Basicly it probed about Mclovin said the love is just as big internally at the club as it is from the outside.

We did play a few cellar dwellers in those first few weeks
Indeed. As much as Selwood has strengths, those fabled "first few weeks" have almost reached caricature level around here. It was a very long time ago and we were just as much FTB then as we are now.

We flogged the pants off Melbourne and WB and Selwood got a bunch of stats. He was still a central part of our weakest midfield lineup in a long time.

We need to use him for his strengths but not assume he'll suddenly become elite just because he racked up heaps of the footy for a few games more than three years ago.

Who has even been our defensive mid this year? We're playing so well attacking I don't want selwood to just be a negator.

Needs to lower the eyes when he has the ball

On another note, reading Sliding Doors at AFL.com and a big calls (good call I hope) been made:

you’d never heard of Fraser McInnes before this year ...... we hadn’t either. But we get the feeling we might remember him from here.

On another note, reading Sliding Doors at AFL.com and a big calls (good call I hope) been made:

you’d never heard of Fraser McInnes before this year ...... we hadn’t either. But we get the feeling we might remember him from here.
Thought the exact same when i read it. Hopefully it is true, we want him to get some currency before the trade period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's it guys, Maniac has called it, we can't win. Just move onto next week when superstar Mark Hutchings is back to replace Selwood.

I knew you loved me LMach, but that's just too sweet. :)

Scooter makes Hutch look like a superstar, unfortunately it seems Hutch is still injured, so we wont get to see his famed 11 disposals in one quarter as the sub this week, ala Gold Coast. ;)

Nothing wrong with Scooter, he's best 22 when fit. Not sure how fit he is right now though. Eagles are every chance to win this game, but it could be bad if our midfield doesn't put pressure on because our defenders will need some time to organise and come third man up against their forward line. If they have space it could be advantage Geelong.

I knew you loved me LMach, but that's just too sweet. :)

Scooter makes Hutch look like a superstar, unfortunately it seems Hutch is still injured, so we wont get to see his famed 11 disposals in one quarter as the sub this week, ala Gold Coast. ;)
Selwood was a far better sub last week. He is best 22, Hutch isn't.

Selwood was a far better sub last week. He is best 22, Hutch isn't.

Haha absolute bullshit LMach. Scooter did nothing but run around like a chook with his head cut off last week. Hutch had 11 possessions in a quarter and 5 or six clearances in that time. Scooter had more than a quarter on the ground and looked lost for most of it. People overrate him way to omuch on here because of his name, a few good games three seasons ago and because he tries hard. He is McGinnity Vers 2.0.

Haha absolute bullshit LMach. Scooter did nothing but run around like a chook with his head cut off last week. Hutch had 11 possessions in a quarter and 5 or six clearances in that time. Scooter had more than a quarter on the ground and looked lost for most of it. People overrate him way to omuch on here because of his name, a few good games three seasons ago and because he tries hard. He is McGinnity Vers 2.0.
Selwood played a hand in at least two goals. Hutchings' touches were completely ineffective.

A few good games three seasons ago? Now you're just being ludicrous. He won our B&F and averaged 25 touches a game in 2012 when we finished 5th. "McGinnity 2.0" just highlights how naive you are.

Selwood played a hand in at least two goals. Hutchings' touches were completely ineffective.

A few good games three seasons ago? Now you're just being ludicrous. He won our B&F and averaged 25 touches a game in 2012 when we finished 5th. "McGinnity 2.0" just highlights how naive you are.

A hand in two of our goals? More bullshit, unless you call his hand brushing the ball as it flew out of his hands because he couldn't control it and luckily enough landed in the vicinity of his teammate who did control it, and then we scored because of it "playing a hand" in goals.

Hahaha ahh the good old "He won the west coast B&F award" excuse. Oh yeah, that's entirely based on how well you play isn't it LMach.. You might want to ask Eric Mackenzie what he thinks of that award from a couple of seasons ago when Mr "I Play Every Week" Matthew Priddis won just because he got a vote for turning up one more time than Eric. ;)

Just because you get caught up in reputations, peoples hairstyles and beards, doesn't mean the rest of us do, or are naïve LMach. Some of us just rate someone for more than running fast or trying hard. Football skills are something this club has lacked for a long time, and mediocrity is the result, which it seems some are more readily willing to accept than others. Maybe you should apply for a spot on the WCE board or MC. :)

Going gangbusters

Don't know why anyone is comparing Sheed and Selwood. Do that after Sheed has been given 100 plus games as Selwood has enjoyed to try and find his spot. I am sure Sheed will own a spot well within 5 years and 100 games. Selwood still to this day doesn't own a spot.
Kennedy and Lecras own a forward spot. Priddis and Shuey own a midfield spot, Christ even Masten owns a spot now. What position does Selwood own? The MC after all these years still don't know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back