Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevvo

Premium Platinum
Oct 17, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Would be nice for rocky et al to be back for sydney game. Going to my first Gabba game that day.

Also would be good if tippet and franklin are given two weeks so we're in with a decent crack.

That would be a small mercy for Clarke, who really deserves a lucky break now and then.

On the lookout for Tim Membrey and Mitch Morton in that case!

Geez, the Swans flying the former back from the Saints? Surely there's some kind of collusion going on there. :(

(NFI where the latter is and if he's still listed.)

What would be an acceptable result this weekend...assuming we won't take the 4 points?
A few nice craft beers and maybe some good food.

Kevvo

Premium Platinum
Oct 17, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What would be an acceptable result this weekend...assuming we won't take the 4 points?

Assuming he gets selected, my key outcome this week would be for Mayes to have a positive game. He won't kick 5 against Freo, but it would be a good test of whether he has improved his contested game. I think it'd do wonders for his confidence if he contributed positively.

I'd also like to see Zorko and Leuey back up. I reckon Leuey may get a bit of ruck time against Sandilands, and Stef may spend a bit of time on ball to deal with their big body mids.

My goals for this season have condensed to hoping that all players come out of it with at least a few decent games under their belts to take confidence from. Trade/draft well and reboot next year with 30 gamers in place of 5 gamers.

Hiltop77

Senior List
Jan 13, 2014
Devonport, TAS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I wanta see Bourke stay in the side this week to see more of him up forward. He was providing good leads and at the start of the game looked like he could do some damage and plus it would be good to have another natural key forward in the forward 50 alongside McStay

not setting a new record for the least inside 50s in an afl game would be a good place to start.

Who's the poor bugger who has to polish a turd for this week's preview?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 weeks for Stef seems harsh if Buddy only got 1 but I can't remember the incident well to be honest. Just frustrating to add that on top of the problems we already have.

Great opportunity for Leuey though.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
2 weeks for Stef seems harsh if Buddy only got 1 but I can't remember the incident well to be honest. Just frustrating to add that on top of the problems we already have.

Great opportunity for Leuey though.

Tippett only 1 as well. Absolute ******* Bullshit. Can't believe it.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Stefan Martin, Brisbane Lions, has been charged with charged with striking with an elbow to the throat of Luke Brown, Adelaide Crows, during the second quarter of the Round 13 match between the Brisbane Lions and the Adelaide Crows, played at the Gabba on Saturday June 27, 2015.

In summary, he can accept a two-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Adelaide Crows Football Club, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as intentional conduct with medium impact to the head/neck. The offence was classified as a three-match sanction. The player has no applicable bad record. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a two-match sanction.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-29/match-review-panel-full-statement-round-13

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How does Buddy and Tippett get careless but Stef is intentional???????????

Should challenge and get it down to 1 week. Clearly the Crows medical report has severely screwed us. Bunch of soft campaigners.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I thought the MRP was doing a much better job this season but there are clearly some flaws left in the system.

How does Buddy and Tippett get careless but Stef is intentional???????????

Should challenge and get it down to 1 week. Clearly the Crows medical report has severely screwed us. Bunch of soft campaigners.

It is intentional because it wasn't in play. Shows the difficulties with a points based system. 3 weeks for that - and 2 inches lower he'd get a $1000 fine.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It is intentional because it wasn't in play. Shows the difficulties with a points based system. 3 weeks for that - and 2 inches lower he'd get a $1000 fine.

That sort of defeats the purpose.

Stef goes to bump and accidently elbows neck, Buddy goes to bump and accidently makes contact to the head.

Tippett punches a guy in the head 'accidentally'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back