Changes Vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the Goodes incident as precedent I guess there's no issue with grabbing people on the penis but Crowley got a fine for pinching Harvey.

That sort of defeats the purpose.

Stef goes to bump and accidently elbows neck, Buddy goes to bump and accidently makes contact to the head.

Tippett punches a guy in the head 'accidentally'.

I have no idea what Martin incident you are talking about but the one he was charged for he walked up & elbowed Brown in the throat whilst resting up forward and the ball was up in the middle for the centre bounce. Just dumb from Stef and to be honest I'd be pretty pissed as a fan if it was the other way round.

Tippett's was his forearm too, not a punch and even watching the footage it looked like it may have bounced up off Grimes' shoulder into his head, plus the whole thing being in play and all.

I have no idea what Martin incident you are talking about but the one he was charged for he walked up & elbowed Brown in the throat whilst resting up forward and the ball was up in the middle for the centre bounce. Just dumb from Stef and to be honest I'd be pretty pissed as a fan if it was the other way round.

Tippett's was his forearm too, not a punch and even watching the footage it looked like it may have bounced up off Grimes' shoulder into his head, plus the whole thing being in play and all.

It wasn't a deliberate elbow though. He goes to bump, Brown backs off and to Martin raises the elbow to try and make contact. It's not like he walked up to him to elbow him in the throat.

Using the Goodes incident as precedent I guess there's no issue with grabbing people on the penis but Crowley got a fine for pinching Harvey.

Not in the GayFL...oh c'mon it had to be said, it was too good an opportunity to be ignored!!:p

Not in the GayFL...oh c'mon it had to be said, it was too good an opportunity to be ignored!!:p

To be honest, no it didn't really need to be said.

Just when I thought Leppa got the use of Stef and Luey in tandem just right, this happens.:mad:

Doesn't look like much really but if you play in the MRP Chook-lotto, anything can happen.

Still find it hard to fathom how Martin's action can be assessed as 50 per cent worse as both the Buddy and Tippett incidences.

The Tippett one in particular looked really nasty and verging on premeditated.

Bondi Billionaire discounts???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Buddy runs past the ball while eyeing off his opponent and hits his man forcefully enough to the head that he hits the ground like a sack of spuds and lies momentarily stunned on the ground and it is graded negligent and medium impact. I get that.

MRP are a f*#$@# joke! Feel sorry for you guys (and my dreamteam too).

No way is that 2-3 weeks. 1 at most. How Buddy cops 1 week for what he did and Stef cops 2 absolutely bewilders me. You should appeal and appeal hard!

No way is that 2-3 weeks. 1 at most. How Buddy cops 1 week for what he did and Stef cops 2 absolutely bewilders me. You should appeal and appeal hard!

I'd agree in principle but I doubt the penalty would be overturned or reduced if we were to appeal. We'd most likely end up without Stef for the 3 weeks. The MRP always seems to use the smaller or less fashionable clubs when they want to make an example of someone for something.

Last edited:

Ah s**t, my Supercoach...

s**t.

Lighten up over using someones sexuality in the contest of an entire AFL code being "soft".

Sure, lets "lighten up".

:rolleyes:

With your avatar, the saying glass houses doesn't come to mind?:D

On the Stef penalty - what a joke.

I hope as a club we are appealing this disgraceful decision. This smells of the AFL saying we will make an example of a behind the play incident and punish a club down the bottom. Meanwhile Swans players get 1 week each. Gibbs got 2 last week for a tackle! Another club down the bottom.

Last year we had Rocky stitched up twice and since then every week we see a player sucker punch his opponent and i haven't seen one player suspended for since Rocky got done.

What's more Bewick got smashed by Weller off the ball and he gets a week! I still remember Christensen getting decked behind player by Firrito (round 2) way off the play and tribunal looked at it and said no issues!

AFL integrity is zero.

Stunning decision. How can Franklin take his eyes off and run past the ball and iron someone out head high and get 1 week and Martin gets 2 for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back