dude316

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2009
The Armada Room
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Sorry lads, I didn't get to see all the game and interested to see who might come in and go out next week. I saw Laird and Kerridge got injured, do we have anyone left to replace them?

Sorry lads, I didn't get to see all the game and interested to see who might come in and go out next week. I saw Laird and Kerridge got injured, do we have anyone left to replace them?

If you own a pair of boots, might be worth wandering down to West Lakes this week ;)

If Brodie didn't miss a week, you'd thnk Laird wouldn't. But I hope he does.

Brodie has had two concussions in a month now - I don't want to see the same happen with Laird.

You don't * around with the head.

Smith should be ok after the week off.
hendo's back hopefully better.

Kerridge not worth risking his ankle against freo. If he is ok, play him the Sanfl & get him back in form.

Laird will depend on the concussion test so who knows.

Lyons either needs a full game or dropped. Reckon he will be dropped if all available.

The cupboard is bare & timing of sanfl bye isn't great.

In: Smith, Hendo

Out: Kerridge, Lyons (assuming Laird is ok)

Riley Knight only needs a couple more games in the SANFL and watch out Wright, VB

Even though his form has been a little disappointing and he doesn't deserve it , I would do a left-field inclusion of Anthony Wilson in lieu of Wright :)

Surely Hartigan has to come in because Talia is looking seriously challenged out there this year, just looks like it's all getting harder and harder for him as the weeks go on, seems to have even lost some of his much vaunted coolness and composure. We really must decide for once and for all if Hartigan is a piece in the back half puzzle or move him on and look for another KPD be it in the AFL system or in the state leagues pronto.

How far away is pods ? Someone with experience to help out in defence might be handy

Pods may be experienced but geeeez he is so slow too.

Perhaps we ply Hartigan with benzies to calm his mind, and tell him to kick long only.
There is a golden opportunity for him this season to cement a spot in our 22 if he could return to some form and play instinctively

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got no other choice but to bring back Podsiadly. We need every bit of experience we got. Freo are playing with nth Melb tonite.

We should not see Laird next week,but we might see Smith. We also have to play Henderson if he's fit, for the same reasons as Podsiadly.

Unless Walsh concedes and sends all the young players out to learn, rests the important ones.

Out: Kerridge (inj), Lyons (omit)
In: Smith, Henderson

I'd like to see Wright dropped. He plays a huge amount of time forward of centre but never hits the ******* scoreboard. That shot for goal today was ridiculous. Injuries are keeping him and VB in the side at the moment.

If Laird isn't right then i'm not sure who else we can bring in. Jenkins has to to stay in as we still have no one else.

I'm kinda leaning towards bringing Hartigan back in as well. Our backline is getting monstered and GWS just effectively used Cameron as a decoy today to pull Talia away from the contest. I imagine more teams will do similar if we continue to go with such an undersized backline.

Doesn't matter. We're going to get our ass handed to us.

Doesn't mean you roll over. We aren't Carlton. You field the best team you can to both try and win the game and also assist in team development.

How the hell can we keep Wright in when he's proven to crap all season while dropping Lyons?!

Lyons is a better goal kicker, midfielder, marker, kicker, handballer.

Supposedly Wright isn't as slow but let's be honest his defensive work doesn't amount to much at all.

He got 1 tackle today. 1.

There isn't actually much wrong with our defence, where we suck is in the middle.

You can't really knock their effort at the moment that's for sure. Kelly & Lever go balls out at every contest. Cheney hits it hard as well. They're just all undersized. I'd still back Talia in any 1 on 1 contest, but he needs support.

Doesn't mean you roll over. We aren't Carlton. You field the best team you can to both try and win the game and also assist in team development.

The team is getting so thin that I'm indifferent. Of course I expect them to put their best in and I'm sure they won't be trying to roll over, but it won't matter, they'll be spanked like a $2 hooker.

Early in week but I'll go:

OUT: VB, Wright, Kerridge, Jenkins
IN: Smith, Henderson, Martin, O'Brien
Out:
VB, Wright, Jenkins

In:
Smith, Hendo, Osbourne

If Kerridge and Laird don't come up then Knight and O'brien

Jenkins was good on the lead gave us a target, clunked some contested marks, kicked 2 nice goals and helped Sauce in the ruck why would we drop him?

Whatever happens it is the Blues game that is a must win at all costs game. The selection committee need to pick the right battles in which we can win. This week against Freo is just going to be on a nigh on impossible game given especially our injury list.

This game has the 03 game v Brisbane and 2011 v Geelong both at home. Dominating teams coming to Adelaide, Crows almost on their knees; not injury wise like next week though. Through guts and some might AO crowd magic we pull them over the line.

The crowd will need to put in a Collingwood and our Showdown last year effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back