Preview Changes vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Wingard in hospital, Impey may need a rest, Schulz battered a bit but should be fine, Sam Gray was subbed off but I hope he keeps his spot.

Geelong don't have great tall fwds after Hawkins, So would Hombsch be rested for another week?

Newton/Stewart/Hoon/Butcher/Hombsch/Moore all could be in the mix.

Last edited:

I'll wait until I see the Magpies game. Hopefully we have the luxury of bringing Hombsch back in.

Out:
Wingard (inj)
Impey
S. Gray
Young (potentially unfair given that he's been subbed twice)

In:
Hombsch
Depends on who performs in the Magpies
Any of Butcher, Moore, Newton, Colquohoun
Wouldn't be unhappy with any of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impey, apart from that brain explosion, did enough to hold his spot. His closing speed was vital in stopping WCE breaks on more than one occasion.

In other news, Damien from Home & Away just got blown away on my The Matrix VHS.

Impey doesn't need a rest, he's going along fine. Keep him in. Would like to see Moore's bigger body around the stoppages for the Geelong game.
Imp would learn more from tonight than he would playing 10 games for the maggies. That intensity in the first half was finals like, he looks a player and I hope to see him next week.

I'd like to see Young get a full game.

Moore in as sub? S. Gray out (love the kid though)

Hombsch/Hoon in for O'Shea

OUT: Young
INS: Newton(full game)
Sam Gray to come out as another definite but could be for one of Moore/Hoon.
Wingard/Hombsch selection calls to be made later on but Newton deserves his shot. Butcher may be on the cards if he plays well tomorrow.

Out: Impey, Wingard (inj), S.Gray (structure only)
In: Hombsch, Butcher, Best out of Newton/Moore/Mitchell/P.Stewart

Butcher not up forward didn't allow us to drop Westy behind the ball. Sammy has had a taste, done nothing wrong but would love another center square midfielder against the Pussy Cats. Need Hombsh in the back six as O'Shea can't play as the secnd or Third defender!

I saw wingard singing the song.....his eyes were rolling in the back of his head..

Just rewound it then. Wasn't coping with the flash photography at all, what with light sensitivity one of the primary symptoms of concussion/migraines.

Hope Glass goes for a good while.

Picked off Stewart last year and got away with it over a matter of inches. Deserves a spell.

Out: Sam gray, impey, young

In: hombsch, Moore, Newton

Sam gray didn't do much but it probably wasn't the night for him , impey needs a rest and I wasn't that impressed by young. I watched the last qtr again and for a sub that was fresh he butchered the ball pretty bad. At one point all he had to do was kick out onto the wing in front of white to run onto and he absolutely butchered it straight to another eagles player 50m away.

I feel like we need a few more in an under players like Moore and Newton. Hopefully we have a few players that perform on Monday for the magpies. Against a big bodies midfield of geelong, we will need players that are good under pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back