Unofficial Preview Changes Vs Geelong

Winter

Club Legend
Jan 3, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brown has a finger injury.

Wood is the only one who could be disappointed about missing out, I'm tempted to suggest we risk the ruck insurance and play Wood over Daw.

Cool your jets, son.

I meant Brown is not an auto-selection if fit.

Roger that! My apologies. I just get frustrated by the vitriol when realistically we have bugger all selection options. I agree that Adams and Black shouldn't be in the 22 and that maybe Wood deserves a crack, but that's about it. No other bugger is fit and everyone's having a meltdown of epic proportions.

Apologies Benno.

PS: I'm probably old enough to be your dad, not your son (sadly)

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Either Adams or Basti have some serious dirt on the selection committee.

Or team rules are to either fumble it at every opportunity or attempt a token one arm grab at the player in possession.

I like both these players but will spew if either comes out with "in the end I was hoping he'd drop me" next year.

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The reason the forwards like black are having a crap year is because of the slower game plan.
Not wrong, it's not like he has the yips or anything, when there is more time for his man to get to him it's like he gets out hustled or taken to ground too easily

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I dislike how Wood is being pidgeon holed as a KPF. I know he plays there, but can also play on the wing.

Confused, didn't you say in another thread he was a KP and then compare his height to Riewoldt and Schulz.

Anyway, I don't think Wood will ever play KPF at AFL level. His best position will be as a hit up forward.

Donkey Chop

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would've loved to see Wells get up for this game but can understand the cautious approach.

Also if Brown took those same contested marks that Daw did against Carlton there'd probably be a thread about how amazingly wonderful he's going to be. I'm happy we're giving Daw another crack because the only thing holding him back this year was dropping marks when he had his chance early in the season.

Roos Addick

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic
Does Brad Scott sit and pick the team all by himself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
... one change.

I am so mad at Scott as coach. I don't care if we beat Geelong...he has no idea. No f***en clue.

I guess it should come as no surprise though really.

Even if we beat Geelong, what have the players learnt? S*** performances get rewarded with more games?
....and we wonder why we have stagnated for so long....All comes down to Scott
10th to 6th. Yeah we have not improved.

Take a look in the mirror champ
Uh oh... you called someone champ on BF...

fightin-words.png

:D

shinboner spiggs

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jazz, West Indies
Ahh mullett for McMahon eh? Who'd have tipped that? Whether injury or form or whatever, Aaron black has been completely invisible for roughly 95 percent of the season. Why do we continue to play him? I don't think a centre half forward could play any worse than he is right now. And Adams...Jesus, just getting by on character.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Confused, didn't you say in another thread he was a KP and then compare his height to Riewoldt and Schulz.

Anyway, I don't think Wood will ever play KPF at AFL level. His best position will be as a hit up forward.

He is. Doesn't mean he can't play elsewhere.

Look at Roughead.

shinboner spiggs

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jazz, West Indies
I cannot believe Black continues to get a game. These types of selections make me wonder about Scotts so called ruthless approach.
There are now 2 things he cant do..
  1. Coach on match day.
  2. Team selection
Where are the consequences for poor performances?
I heard brad is forced to get angry at review but no other consequences are known

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
I cannot believe Black continues to get a game. These types of selections make me wonder about Scotts so called ruthless approach.
There are now 2 things he cant do..
  1. Coach on match day.
  2. Team selection
Where are the consequences for poor performances?

The title of this thread needs to be changed to "Changes? what changes" - how is Black still getting a game!

Back