Unofficial Preview Changes Vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Adams has to be sub. If he starts it is plainly ridiculous and proves that Scott has completely lost the plot....if he hadn't already.

Black is VERY lucky. He better not serve up the same pathetic rubbish again - although considering it's been the same all year, I'm confident he will.

Wood should be playing. Maybe next week. Maybe not. Who knows.

Also, why is it that other teams are happy to play their draftees very early whilst ours have to be wrapped in cotton wool? Bloody hell, we have guys not putting in in the 1s and haven't for ages, picking out of shape plodders like McMahon for absolutely no reason, along with our usual shuffling of the deck chairs. There's no better time to give the youngsters a chance considering our injury list - they may just thrive on it and surely they couldn't do any worse.

Last edited:
Adams has to be sub. If he starts it is plainly ridiculous and proves that Scott has completely lost the plot....if he hadn't already.

Black is VERY lucky. He better not serve up the same pathetic rubbish again - although considering it's been the same all year, I'm confident he will.

Wood should be playing. Maybe next week. Maybe not. Who knows.

And oh, why is it that other teams are happy to play their draftees whilst ours have to wrapped in cotton wool? Bloody hell, we have guys not putting in in the 1s and haven't for ages, picking out of shape plodders like McMahon for absolutely no reason, no better time to give the youngsters a chance - they may just thrive on it.

S31 he is lucky in the sense that someone who wins a lottery is lucky - he is adding nothing - absolutely nothing to the team. Has a Journo asked Brad WHyTF hehas not put Wood into the team - the forward line needs some Wood because our talls are totally flaccid at the moment!

Last edited:
Not sure how everyone else feels but over the last 2 years North has turned me into a angry supporter.. By no means do I abuse our players at game I actually just sit there quietly waiting for it to unravel. .lol.
I even struggle to get excited about our wins because I know a unexpected loss is just around the corner..
Let’s hope we can have a strong finish to the year

Jesus people are up in arms here, people need to stop thinking they're AFL coaches and realize they're just forum hounds. The selection panel picked the 22 that he believes will get us over the line, let's have faith in that and stop banging on about guys like Dumont and Wood who the club believes aren't quite ready. Have a little faith.

Jesus people are up in arms here, people need to stop thinking they're AFL coaches and realize they're just forum hounds. The selection panel picked the 22 that he believes will get us over the line, let's have faith in that and stop banging on about guys like Dumont and Wood who the club believes aren't quite ready. Have a little faith.

jesus+saves.jpg

This Jesus person is up in arms and he has a little faith, but you're right... would you put your trust in him?

#standbymatchcommittee

This new defensive game plan has killed the out put of so many players, that is why players like mullet, thompson, black etc have had such down years, theres no where near as much run in the side. I think we are all being a bit harsh. The gameplan is stuffed and teams are working it out. Carlton beat us and nearly beat freo. We need to be able to change it up when sides are onto us, but its a skill that brad scott doesnt have, hes a one trick pony.

Gee, and I thought we LOST to Carlton before the bye!?!?!?!?!!? Out McMahon who was subbed off, thats it???????????? B.Scott is a joke:thumbsdown:

I cannot believe Black continues to get a game. These types of selections make me wonder about Scotts so called ruthless approach.
There are now 2 things he cant do..
  1. Coach on match day.
  2. Team selection
Where are the consequences for poor performances?
So who gets the credit for the Hawks, Freo, Swans and Port games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit like when Bris and the Blues played us. These 2 teams are much different now than the early rounds.
There were no excuses for the Brisbane or the Carlton losses. They're both ordinary teams, especially when considering that against Carlton they had Everett (who's been one of their key players this year) subbed off early.

David King absolutely nailed it last week. The knock on Scott is that he doesn't do enough in games to try and alter the course of the match. We saw it last year when we used to get overran. He's too passive with the changes, he just expects us to stick it out, and that might be good in a team with really experienced and strong leaders, but we really don't have that save for a couple of blokes.

I mean *, swing Hansen in the forward line for 10 minutes or something when it's not working. Do something.

There were no excuses for the Brisbane or the Carlton losses. They're both ordinary teams, especially when considering that against Carlton they had Everett (who's been one of their key players this year) subbed off early.

David King absolutely nailed it last week. The knock on Scott is that he doesn't do enough in games to try and alter the course of the match. We saw it last year when we used to get overran. He's too passive with the changes, he just expects us to stick it out, and that might be good in a team with really experienced and strong leaders, but we really don't have that save for a couple of blokes.

I mean ****, swing Hansen in the forward line for 10 minutes or something when it's not working. Do something.
All teams have bad losses. We are no difference.

So who gets the credit for the Hawks, Freo, Swans and Port games?

Swans were half the team they are now & it was wet. The Hawks we beat with effort not skill.
Port was our best win IMO. Freo really struggle that night.
Who gets the credit? The same people we credit with our losses to Carlton,Brisbane,& the Suns. ect

All said with luv..

Swans were half the team they are now & it was wet. The Hawks we beat with effort not skill.
Port was our best win IMO. Freo really struggle that night.
Who gets the credit? The same people we credit with our losses to Carlton,Brisbane,& the Suns. ect

All said with luv..
I agree - but the thing is if Scott gets pinged for the bad losses then he gets credit for the good wins.

We are heading for finals. Win one there and the perception of the negative nancies should change.

All teams have bad losses. We are no difference.
That's great, but it doesn't actually address the problems causing those defeats, especially when they happen as they do with this club. Accepting mediocrity as part and parcel of the industry is all well and good if you're striving for the 'ignorance is bliss' angle, but you know...

I will agree that it's stupid to lambaste the coach when we fail and not give him credit when we succeed. That's not to say he is above criticism though, as much as he's not above praise.

That's great, but it doesn't actually address the problems causing those defeats, especially when they happen as they do with this club. Accepting mediocrity as part and parcel of the industry is all well and good if you're striving for the 'ignorance is bliss' angle, but you know...

I will agree that it's stupid to lambaste the coach when we fail and not give him credit when we succeed. That's not to say he is above criticism though, as much as he's not above praise.
Of course he can be criticised - but posters posting he can't coach would have no idea unless they are inner sanctum.

We caught them at the right time and they were down on form and they had injuries and we were lucky and it was ALL player driven, almost despite the coaches.

Absolute crap. If we don't bust our arse in those games we don't win.

Did we catch Freo when they were down or up because I could have sworn that they jumped us and had a 4 goal lead early?

Does anybody honestly think Adams will start sub in his 100th? I'm skeptical.

I'm loathe to criticize Black too much because our ultra-conservative, control the ball, let the opposition set up does forwards no justice. Unfortunately Black suffers the most due to his lack of contested marking ability.

Agree with whoever it was; shouldn't be pigeon-holing Wood as a third-tall, definitely think he would be more than handy on the wing.

I agree - but the thing is if Scott gets pinged for the bad losses then he gets credit for the good wins.

We are heading for finals. Win one there and the perception of the negative nancies should change.

Are we?

Would have thought we need to keep winning to get there.

We are just as likely to win the next 5 as we are to lose the next 5. Especially now know that teams now they can control the game if they hold the ball around HB (just like round 1), use all their loose men we don't match up on, play chip-chip-chip and wait for an option to exploit how lazy we can be.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back