Changes vs GW$ (R21): Grimes, Salem in; JKH, Bail out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really give a s**t who we bring in; who Roos drops is more telling. Half our list should be playing for their careers at this point.

Yes to Fitzy because Roos said he wants to look at players, Fitzy is the prime example of that.

I dont mind the idea of resting Jamar and bringing Fitzy in for a few games.

I know Roos said he needs to get a look at a few guys, but he's also said he only wants to pick player who are in form at Casey.

Fitz played well last week I think, but not sure about his last 4-6 weeks as a whole.

I dont mind the idea of resting Jamar and bringing Fitzy in for a few games.

I know Roos said he needs to get a look at a few guys, but he's also said he only wants to pick player who are in form at Casey.

Fitz played well last week I think, but not sure about his last 4-6 weeks as a whole.

I wouldn't be surprised if that goes out the window for the last few weeks, Roos would want a fair idea of what he's going to be cutting before he does so.

Who he dropped last week was particularly telling wasn't it.

Dont think he'll make any major statements this week though.

True. The interesting thing for me was subbing Bail out when we had a few guys conspicuously quiet like JKH.

Just finding it hard to muster any interest in our team selections. We have the silver wooden spoon playoff this weekend and then we're essentially killing time until the trade / draft period.

No thanks to Grimes. I actually think we look better without him. I'm done with him. Surely he has to earn his spot back too, if everyone else does.

If I was to drop someone it would be Barry because he is clearly not ready. But what would be the point of giving him 1 game? Just play him for the rest of the season.

In that case, I'd probably go no change and try and fix up those easy goals over the back we copped.

No thanks to Grimes. I actually think we look better without him. I'm done with him. Surely he has to earn his spot back too, if everyone else does.

If I was to drop someone it would be Barry because he is clearly not ready. But what would be the point of giving him 1 game? Just play him for the rest of the season.

In that case, I'd probably go no change and try and fix up those easy goals over the back we copped.

Surely your Captain is an automatic selection if fit?:confused:

I don't even............what's beating and nullifying your man week in and week out? I'd call that earning your spot.

And be 19 points up at 3 quarter time. I still wont forget that Melbourne supporter begging for the 'mercy rule' to come in play when Melbourne were thumped by port in round one. The mercy rule that Hogan can play now. That seems like ages ago and he may not debut until round 1 2015 which is 2 years from that point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JKH needs to get dropped, i did not look at the teams before the game, watching from the stands i left the game and was surprised that he actually was playing that day, didn't even notice him
Barry was pushed aside to easily in the contests, perhaps he was easy to notice wearing the sleeves. but i don't think he played a great game.

Speaking of players yet to debut this year where is Clisby at? wouldn't mind seeing him get a run.

Reckon this is a round that Barry at least has an opportunity to not be quite as outsized and outclassed as playing against the leagues best team. Nothing to lose by playing him again I think.

Bail please.
Going forward, I feel leaving out Bail is the better option. He tries hard, but I feel he won't take us anywhere in the future.
Any chance Of Hogan having a Debut this season? I know he has been injured, you guys have high hopes on this guy and freo were chasing after him.
Can someone confirm? I did see a Hogan kicking 2 for the Scorpions development team, was it Jesse?

I don't even............what's beating and nullifying your man week in and week out? I'd call that earning your spot.
Beating and nullifying? I'd say that is viewing the world thre Grimes coloured glasses. Any beating or nullifying gets..nullified when he gets the ball under any sort of pressure. Our captain (to the other poster who had a go because I don't particularly like Grimes as a footballer, sorry, thought this was a football forum) should be better than that. Was he 'fit' this week? Was he 'fit' the week he was dropped?

I'd say we have a special group of 'believe every single thing the club does is the 100% correct move 100% of the time.'

Surely your Captain is an automatic selection if fit?:confused:
Not if he has no weapons, can't kick under any sort of pressure at all and turns it over more often than not. That breeds Wattsism, where you get a game because you are afraid of newspaper headlines if you drop him. Just my opinion

And have we looked worse without him? If anything my original post stands. I think we have looked as good if not better (a few silly mistakes aside - which would definitely happen with him in there). Not saying anything personal about him as a bloke, just saying his football is not up to standard at the moment. You can't just rely on being able to spoil well in our side I reckon. Especially if you have no other weapons to make up for it. No speed, kick, handball, size, awareness.. anything. Oh but he's got a C next to his name. Gotta play him then, even though everyone knows Jones is the bloody captain.

I still don't believe he was injured when left out of the side. It was after the Port game right? Pretty big coincidence then. Just saying. Right move too in my opinion

Last edited:
Beating and nullifying? I'd say that is viewing the world thre Grimes coloured glasses. Any beating or nullifying gets..nullified when he gets the ball under any sort of pressure. Our captain (to the other poster who had a go because I don't particularly like Grimes as a footballer, sorry, thought this was a football forum) should be better than that. Was he 'fit' this week? Was he 'fit' the week he was dropped?

I'd say we have a special group of 'believe every single thing the club does is the 100% correct move 100% of the time.'

So because I want one of our best defenders in the team I believe every single thing the club is correct? Sound logic.

Going by your logic, McDonald should be dropped, Frawley should be dropped, Dunn should be dropped and Neville Jetta and Col Garland should be holding down every position in the backline because they are the only two that can kick.

Tell me, who do we bring in that's better than Grimes?

Not if he has no weapons, can't kick under any sort of pressure at all and turns it over more often than not. That breeds Wattsism, where you get a game because you are afraid of newspaper headlines if you drop him. Just my opinion

Yep, that's how Roosy operates.

Don't drop players because of the headlines, apart from Trengove early in the year.

And have we looked worse without him? If anything my original post stands. I think we have looked as good if not better (a few silly mistakes aside - which would definitely happen with him in there). Not saying anything personal about him as a bloke, just saying his football is not up to standard at the moment. You can't just rely on being able to spoil well in our side I reckon. Especially if you have no other weapons to make up for it. No speed, kick, handball, size, awareness.. anything. Oh but he's got a C next to his name. Gotta play him then, even though everyone knows Jones is the bloody captain.

I still don't believe he was injured when left out of the side. It was after the Port game right? Pretty big coincidence then. Just saying. Right move too in my opinion

Pretty small sample size. Against Brisbane we looked worse, against the Hawks we looked okayish but maybe he'd have been smart enough to stand the goal line and we wouldn't have conceded so many easy over-the-back goals. I'd have him in for Matt Jones.

I don't know, I'd say that most of the time the reason Watts gets dropped is precisely because coaches like Mark Neeld try to scapegoat him in the knowledge that it'll make headlines and take some pressure off the coach. Roosy hasn't done the same thing this year because he understands how counterproductive it is.

So because I want one of our best defenders in the team I believe every single thing the club is correct? Sound logic.

Going by your logic, McDonald should be dropped, Frawley should be dropped, Dunn should be dropped and Neville Jetta and Col Garland should be holding down every position in the backline because they are the only two that can kick.

Tell me, who do we bring in that's better than Grimes?
It's only that part I'm disagreeing with.

I think you are way too harsh on Dunn (comfortably in our top 4 or 5 for BnF surely) and Jetta (been among our most consistent since he earned a spot). I take your point about the backline having no decent kicks, but most others have another string to their bow. Grimes doesn't in my opinion.

I don't know, I'd say that most of the time the reason Watts gets dropped is precisely because coaches like Mark Neeld try to scapegoat him in the knowledge that it'll make headlines and take some pressure off the coach. Roosy hasn't done the same thing this year because he understands how counterproductive it is.
Could be this, true. I more saw it as 'i can't drop Watts/a captain because all the players would hear all week is that Watts/a captain was dropped.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back