Strategy Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to intrude:

Just wondering if many of you consider Lucas webb a chance to play this week after that 33 disposal and 3 or 4 goal effort in the VFL? Note: this is a supercoach related question cause he is sitting on my bench and not making money.

Also curious why so many people want biggs sent back to the VFL in their changes?, as i didn't see much of the game so don't know how he went. Just looking at downgrading to him in a few weeks, if he is going play as his scores last year when he played were decent.
I think most expect Webb to come back in. Biggs played his role with no real influence which is why I guess people want him out even after 1 week.

Rest boyd and play bont and stringer as 'talls' and bring in Hamling and play roughead in the ruck. We would be incredibly mobile all over the ground. However we would lack the bail out kick. The players would really have to focus on lowering their eyes for the lead. Would be interesting. Not sure who plays back up ruck.

Based om what i saw of the Melbourne game and our Plan A, Plan B .....Plan Z of bombing the ball in long and thats it i dont favour a small forward line at all. You could argue it might force players to look for players leading but based on last week i don't think either is part of our mindset.

I think that we need more marking targets through the middle so Grant needs to come in. With the confident running of the ball evaporating, our lack of marking targets became painfully apparent on Sunday.

We also need more support around the stoppages so I would like to see both Minson and Macrae come back in.

I would like to see more run come back in so Honeychurch if he is fit, along with Webb and/or Hrovat, would be welcome inclusions.

Goodes is out injured obviously, and I think Jong needs to get his hand right too.

Other outs to be considered: I think that Tom Boyd needs a rest, although the coaches may judge that he will be fired up to play against his old side and delay it.

I think Dale has played OK and gotten a taste for senior footy but I would be happier if his spot this week was taken by one of the prospective inclusions above, similar situation with Biggs.

So pending fitness and availability my preferred ins and outs for the week would be:
Out: Goodes, Jong, Dale, Biggs and Boyd

In: Minson, Grant, Macrae, Webb, and Honeychurch.

I would like to see Cordy kept in the team as the back up Ruck, particularly if Boyd gets rested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether it's one point or 100 points - this is the win I really want. I think I might get more satisfaction out of a one point win to be honest.

Looking forward to having no voice left come Saturday night.

In: Honeychurch, Macrae, Hrovat, Grant, Minson (pending appeal)
Out: Goodes, Hunter, Cordy, Dale, Jong (inj)

Fairly obvious selections imo. Honeychurch has been excellent this season and should come straight back in. Surely Macrae has done enough to get back in, Minson like-wise.

Jong's hand doesn't seem right, probably best for him to rest until it has improved. Dale very unlucky but thought it was between Grant and him for the one position and Grant's knocking the door down. Still a big fan of Hunter but he had a poor game on the weekend, makes way for Honeychurch.

I've got a feeling Jongy will stay in this week even though I picked him to be dropped originally. The coach seems to have faith in him and we need his speed, body size, and bash/crash v GWS now that Goodes is out

Out:
Goodes
Biggs
Cordy
Hunter
Dale

In:
Redpath
Macrae
Webb
Hrovat/Honeychurch
Grant

Really hope that T.Boyd can stay in for one more week as looks like GWS will be short-handed without Davis. Redpath in to cause havoc and take a load off Boyd also. Dale makes way for Hrovat or Honey if fit.

I really hope we make sensible changes. Macrae must come back. I think his first game after being dropped last year he got close to 40 possessions.
For mine
Macrae - Goodes
Grant - Jong
Hrovat or Honey- Hunter
Cordy - Minson (unlikely)
Maybe Dale- webb. Although that's probably too many adjustments.
Anyway I just hope they have a red hot go. I'll be watching with interest their demeanor toward Griffen during and post match. This game will say a lot about Bobs leadership, which has been fantastic.

There is a strong case for wholesale changes - last weeks performance was completely ubacceptable!
I reckon Cordy dropped too many up forward not to be on very thin ice - Roughy rucked pretty well and may take over in the ruck.[ Minson is no chance to get off scott free]
Goodes is out obviously and Webb is an obvious replacement given his form last week in VFL [Half back and on ball]
Hamling must be given a chance in place of Talia or Roberts
Jong has been very ordinary since his hand injury and needs to come back to form via the 2nds.
Macrae after a couple of very good weeks defensively is a monty to come back in
There are a couple of others skating on thin ice Hunter, Biggs and Dale [hopefully not]

Apart from Webb, Hamling and Macrae it wouldn't surprise to see Grant, Hrovat and McLean come into strong contention.
Bevo has shown a strong inclination to shake things up and I wont be surprised if he gives it a real go this week

I hope Redpath plays just to watch him crash packs. He's had a taste of senior footy, he will go all out to make a spot in the team all his. JUST KILL SOMEONE JACK

There is a strong case for wholesale changes - last weeks performance was completely ubacceptable!
I reckon Cordy dropped too many up forward not to be on very thin ice - Roughy rucked pretty well and may take over in the ruck.[ Minson is no chance to get off scott free]
Goodes is out obviously and Webb is an obvious replacement given his form last week in VFL [Half back and on ball]
Hamling must be given a chance in place of Talia or Roberts
Jong has been very ordinary since his hand injury and needs to come back to form via the 2nds.
Macrae after a couple of very good weeks defensively is a monty to come back in
There are a couple of others skating on thin ice Hunter, Biggs and Dale [hopefully not]

Apart from Webb, Hamling and Macrae it wouldn't surprise to see Grant, Hrovat and McLean come into strong contention.
Bevo has shown a strong inclination to shake things up and I wont be surprised if he gives it a real go this week

All 3 should be played. Need Roughead in the ruck

Final Changes

Outs: T.Boyd (rest), Goodes (inj), Jong (inj), Hunter (omitted), Cordy

Ins: Campbell, Webb, Grant, Macrae, Hamling

Biggs gets another crack at ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back