Preview Changes vs Hawthorn Round 19

Remove this Banner Ad

In: Newman, Butler
Out: Hill, Rosa;
Would love for Selwood and Hutchings to be dropped, but there are simply no other mids to come in for them. Apart from Colledge (,Lucas and McGinnity :eek:).
Shows how bad our midfield depth is atm, despite very few injuries there, apart from Duggan.

Last edited:
Unless they drop Hill, of course.
I have to agree that whilst Hill has been sub par for some weeks now, is Newman really ready to go head to head with Hawthorn and Freo?

For a start.

Out: Rosa, Hill, Hutchings,
In: McGovern, Newman, Butler

Hill has no tickets left, the guy has been poor for most of the year now. Hutchings is surplus and unless he's playing at the ball drop for long minutes he's a genuine liability. Easily beaten one on one.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

A lot of that here on this board but really everytime he touches it usually is a positive. I thought he was better than both Lecras and Cripps today who had a lot of the ball but didn't do that much with it, though neither were in our worst.

As I said last week Hutch is not first 22 quality and proved it again tonight.. Shouldn't be in the side.

Josh Hill should have been dropped.

I don't know what the hell goes through Matt Rosa's head but his decision making is atrocious..

In: Gov, Butler, Newman

Out: Hill, Rosa, Hutch

OUT: Hill, Hutchings, Rosa, Barrass
IN: Newman, Butler, Lucas, McGovern

Lucas can sub. I actually think he's quite suited to the role.
+1
Hill doesnt seem fit. Hutchings is the old Priddis. Rosa = s**t. Barrass.... harsh as he hasnt been bad, but Hawks, has to make way.
Newman worth a go, Butler please, Lucas Im okay with, knows what AFL is like and not soft, Gov = GOAT.

Tonight was a schmozzle, but 2014 eagles would have lost, tonight we walked away with half. Better than nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF McGovern's fit then Barrass is unfortunately out. Hill's got to have a spell (whether that's in the WAFL or a couple weeks off with an injury he's carrying), Hutchings just has to be off the list, tbh
I'd actually leave Schofield out for Barrass, but I want Barrass to get experience, because I think he will be worth it in the long term and I'm pissed with Schofield's game. :)

Hutchings out. You know ur stinking it when i am screaming for you to be subbed for selwood in the 2nd quarter. Butler back in.

Barrass out only cos we r trying to be too 4 hes not quite there and im hoping gov back.

Hill on strong norltoce but stays because we have been pretty stable and successful this season and 2 changes is enough.

I think we had one eye on the Hawks game. Disappointing that we couldn't get back into the right frame of mind for most of the game, but we snagged a draw in the end so it isn't end end of the world. Sure the extra 2 points could hold Richmond et al away for another week but we should really be relying on us winning to finish top 4/6 and not other teams losing. I think the boys learned a lot tonight, and it will help us going forward.

Selwood needs a full game. Despite the rhetoric around here lately he is better than Hutch and Rosa, and he needs more minutes. Ankle injuries are sh*t because a guy without natural foot skills like Selwood needs to be practicing constantly to keep his footskills sharp. Ankle doesn't allow that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back