Preview Changes Vs Melbourne round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

If the club is serious about winning and getting a place in finals we will select best 22 available. There will be no resting of players to give them a 'rest' - soreness is an entirely different issue.

They've won 4 games this year and could only kick 3 goals against GWS. This is silly

Saints were on something like a 12 game losing streak before tearing Freo a new one.

Underestimate sides at your peril

On 6PR last night Simpson said Cox would play and "we may have Lecras but may not have Butler".

It's a shame if Butler misses a match or matches as I think he has been steadily improving since he came in and has marked his man well and been a very cool head coming out of defence recently. Absolutely exceeded my expectations.

I assume he would have been the match up for Winderlich in the second half if not injured?

Rest assured IF we make finals Coxy will get a game. It would be a very brave MC who don't select Coxy come finals time - would be a little like Malthouse not selecting Woosha all those years ago.

Rest assured IF we make finals Coxy will get a game. It would be a very brave MC who don't select Coxy come finals time - would be a little like Malthouse not selecting Woosha all those years ago.

Very brave and very correct.

Yet again, we proved the 3 rucks disaster does not work. If we're making finals we can't afford to be carrying Cox

Very brave and very correct.

Yet again, we proved the 3 rucks disaster does not work. If we're making finals we can't afford to be carrying Cox

On current form I don't believe Coxy warrants a game IF we make finals - but somehow I just don't see the decision being made.

Hopefully I am wrong.

It certainly would make for an interesting selection week if the likes of Selwood, Le Cras, Yeo, Butler et al were declared fit to play.

Edit Moreso if we draw a running team like Port in the finals - but, I might be getting ahead of myself we have two contracts to fulfill first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off the Cox subject for a minute, I hope we f**king destroy Melbourne on Saturday, after they have the nerve to ask for more bloody handouts. What a joke they are, it's their own fault they have been s**t for so long, how many bloody top draft picks are they going to ruin and waste until the AFL says no more. Let's completely ruin this joke of a football club so the only option is for them to fold. I don't give a s**t about this "they are the oldest club in the land, blah blah blah" the AFL didn't seem to care about Fitzroy's heritage when it made them merge, time to start to culling some of these leaching, under performing Victorian clubs and make for a stronger competition.

I assume he would have been the match up for Winderlich in the second half if not injured?

I think winderlich would have torched Butler for speed. The bombers skills picked right up and hit him lace out a few times. Though Butlers body work and positioning may not have allowed him to get a break

We need to play the best 22 available this week because if we do make finals it will most likely be on % and the last time I chef Adelaide were .01% above us, so we need to smash Melbourne and beat GC to have a chance.

Their percentage will go below ours if they lose to North. And if they beat North then percentage won't come into it as they'll stay a game ahead.

Whats with all this NN needs a rest crap? a rest from what?

Well 1. The 3 rucks proved to be a disaster yet again against the bombers, and if the club was serious about having any impact in finals whatsoever it would stop with that strategy immediately. So 1 ruck has got to go.

2. Cox Damn sure as hell isn't getting dropped and this was touted as his probable last game as soon as he announced his retirement weeks ago.

3. Nicnat is the next one to be "rested" if the ruck rotation policy is an actual real thing.

& 4. He could probably use one anyway, he was largely ineffective against the bombers. Looked slow and weak.

Personally i'd like nothing more then to watch NN play in what could likely be a pantsing of melbourne. But this entire weekend is dedicated already to "King Cox" if facebook is anything to go by. I think the worst possible outcome would be if they kept persisting with 3 rucks. It's a joke. Cox needs to enjoy his farewell game this week, and then vacate the 22 next week.

Well 1. The 3 rucks proved to be a disaster yet again against the bombers, and if the club was serious about having any impact in finals whatsoever it would stop with that strategy immediately. So 1 ruck has got to go.

2. Cox Damn sure as hell isn't getting dropped and this was touted as his probable last game as soon as he announced his retirement weeks ago.

3. Nicnat is the next one to be "rested" if the ruck rotation policy is an actual real thing.

& 4. He could probably use one anyway, he was largely ineffective against the bombers. Looked slow and weak.

Personally i'd like nothing more then to watch NN play in what could likely be a pantsing of melbourne. But this entire weekend is dedicated already to "King Cox" if facebook is anything to go by. I think the worst possible outcome would be if they kept persisting with 3 rucks. It's a joke. Cox needs to enjoy his farewell game this week, and then vacate the 22 next week.

Mate I think most agree the 3 ruck policy is crap, even worse is that if they persist I would rather see Cox play permanent forward and let Lycett ruck.
You are right that it all seems to be about Coxy, they will beat melbourne no matter what but this policy is just rubbish.

But this resting players is also rubbish and even worse that some posters are advocating rest from games to get right for pre season, never heard of that statement in 45 years. Who misses games to get ready for training???
If you can play and fit enough to play then you play. Nothing complicated about any of it. And of all people who need to keep playing some footy it is Nic Natanui.

Can't believe 2 of our players got poked in the eye... Good thing Schoey was able to get back on the field.
It was three! Butler by Goddard, Schofield and Lycett, not sure who got them (cant bring myself to watch the game again). 1 is an accident, 3 is dirty s**t by essendon.

Mate I think most agree the 3 ruck policy is crap, even worse is that if they persist I would rather see Cox play permanent forward and let Lycett ruck.
You are right that it all seems to be about Coxy, they will beat melbourne no matter what but this policy is just rubbish.

But this resting players is also rubbish and even worse that some posters are advocating rest from games to get right for pre season, never heard of that statement in 45 years. Who misses games to get ready for training???
If you can play and fit enough to play then you play. Nothing complicated about any of it. And of all people who need to keep playing some footy it is Nic Natanui.

We all know it's bullshit. And it will annoy me when it happens, but it does happen. And right now, Nicnat seems like the obvious candidate.

I don't think Cox can play permanent forward TBH. He isn't fast like Lycett so he can't chase, and he doesn't really compete in the air in a pack situation, he just plays for free kicks. Seems like Cox's position is just rotating through the ruck these days, and that's it.

It was three! Butler by Goddard, Schofield and Lycett, not sure who got them (cant bring myself to watch the game again). 1 is an accident, 3 is dirty s**t by essendon.

Haha settle down fella. You could argue that JK deliberately kneed Talia in the head 2 weeks ago. Or Lycett deliberately elbowed Podsiadly in the face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back