Changes vs Power

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's early, but are the front rows of Level 3 around the ground accessible with a General Admission membership? I've been a member for a few years, but I usually go with someone who needs particular seats up the back.
Nah, they're the "premium" spots.

Great last 2 weeks. Haven't posted as there has been no need just been reading the back and forth on the threads. The season seems to be getting bigger and bigger as we defy logic and now snowball result into result. So many questions..........

No question however for my man :
I like Jack Redpath
I like his presence
I like that he guards the mark like a SWAT officer
I like that he absolutely destroyes marking packs
I like that he finds the ball, stands up in tackles, even now and then, dishing the handball
I like that he playes angry
I like his ruck work more than TBoyd's
I like his knack of drifting up the wing to offer an option
I like his field kicking

When he learns to kick for goal
everyone will like Jack Redpath

Has hrovat's form earned him a recall Butane?
The Prosecution rests it case, your honour. No more questions.

I think he is in just as good a form as Caleb Daniel was in the VFL before he got his crack and probably would deliver what Daniel has in the AFL averaging 16 disposals a game and just less than a goal. Hrovat deserves a crack to show his credentials and Daniel might need a bit of a break.

I don't think I'm out of place in suggesting that but I get the feeling I might be on the wrong side of Bigfooty sentiment here.

I think he is in just as good a form as Caleb Daniel was in the VFL before he got his crack and probably would deliver what Daniel has in the AFL averaging 16 disposals a game and just less than a goal. Hrovat deserves a crack to show his credentials and Daniel might need a bit of a break.

I don't think I'm out of place in suggesting that but I get the feeling I might be on the wrong side of Bigfooty sentiment here.
Whack a helmet on him :D

I've still got time for Hrovat. I reckon he will still make a decent AFL player.

I'm going to apply some left-field Moneyball thinking this week.

What is the startling aspect of our team, given that we have won 11, lost only 6 and are knocking on the door for a double-chance?
That's right: we are incredibly young and inexperienced. This is clearly Bev's secret weapon which the pundits and opposition coaches haven't tumbled to yet.

Therefore:
OUT: Murphy, M.Boyd, Morris, Picken - all clearly too old and too experienced. Crameri (91 games) lucky, only stays because he kicked 7 last week.
IN: R.Smith, Z.Cordy, Webb, Hamilton - three debutants sounds about right.

That will leave us with the following side:

Wood, Talia, Biggs
R.Smith, Z.Cordy, Johannisen
Macrae, Wallis (c), Hunter
Daniel, Stringer, Crameri
Dickson, Redpath, Dale

Campbell, Bontempelli, Dahlhaus

Int: Prudden, Hamilton, Grant, Webb

Average games: 34
Median games: 29
Under 50 games: 16
Under 10 games: 8
Average Age 22.19

That should frighten 'em!

Footnote: the interesting thing is that side would probably still go OK. Bookmark this post and revisit it in 12 months time ...;)
* it, let's go all out.

FB: J.Kelly - M.Talia - Z.Cordy
HB: S.Darley - J.Hamling - M.Fuller
C: L.Webb - J.Prudden - L.Jong
HF: D.Hamilton - T.Boyd - B.Dale
FF: M.Honeychurch - J.Redpath - R.Smith
Fo: T.Campbell - C.Daniel - S.Biggs
Int: D.Pearce N.Hrovat A.Cordy L.Hunter

Average games: 11,72
Median games: 8.5
Under 50 games: everyone
Under 10 games: 12
Average Age 21.14

s**t, that's not too ridiculous of a team now that I look at it. Hrovat is Captain, Hunter VC.

this match will be very interesting, port are finally starting to play some consistent footy. I think the fact we played there 2 weeks ago also helped and we have started well each time we have played there this year. I think if Port are playing well you will be lucky to win but if we go back to the garbage we were playing 8 weeks ago then you will win by 10. Who ever wins the contested ball will most probably come out on top

this match will be very interesting, port are finally starting to play some consistent footy. I think the fact we played there 2 weeks ago also helped and we have started well each time we have played there this year. I think if Port are playing well you will be lucky to win but if we go back to the garbage we were playing 8 weeks ago then you will win by 10. Who ever wins the contested ball will most probably come out on top
Mate we play crap at Etihad and without Wines have a key injury in the ball winning area where we struggle and the dogs excel. We'll be the lucky ones to win this. I don't think anyone would doubt we can win this, but the Dogs deserve to be favs.

Mate we play crap at Etihad and without Wines have a key injury in the ball winning area where we struggle and the dogs excel. We'll be the lucky ones to win this. I don't think anyone would doubt we can win this, but the Dogs deserve to be favs.

Port always play well when they are underdogs

**** it, let's go all out.

FB: J.Kelly - M.Talia - Z.Cordy
HB: S.Darley - J.Hamling - M.Fuller
C: L.Webb - J.Prudden - L.Jong
HF: D.Hamilton - T.Boyd - B.Dale
FF: M.Honeychurch - J.Redpath - R.Smith
Fo: T.Campbell - C.Daniel - S.Biggs
Int: D.Pearce N.Hrovat A.Cordy L.Hunter

Average games: 11,72
Median games: 8.5
Under 50 games: everyone
Under 10 games: 12
Average Age 21.14

s**t, that's not too ridiculous of a team now that I look at it. Hrovat is Captain, Hunter VC.
Who's coaching though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port always play well when they are underdogs

*insert my team here* always loses these sorts of matches.

Sports fans are idiots :D

Just because the bookie has the Dogs at slight favourites doesn't mean Ken Hinkley thinks we're a better team. Port have the runs on the board, this would have been a certainty at the start of the year for Port. They will be a lot older and mature than the Dogs. Can't see why they wouldn't think they're the favourites. They played us off the park earlier this season and flogged us last year. Port fans need to man up if they think they're the 'outside team' here

Last edited:
*insert my team here* always loses these sorts of matches.

Sports fans are idiots :D

Just because the bookie has the Dogs at slight favourites doesn't mean Ken Hinkley thinks we're a better team. Port have the runs on the board, this would have been a certainty at the start of the year for Port. They will be a lot older and mature than the Dogs. Can't see why they wouldn't think they're the favourites. They played us off the park earlier this season and flogged us last year. Port fans need to man up if they think they're the 'outside team' here
i think Port have better players but the dogs are playing better as a team. The ladder suggests so

Great last 2 weeks. Haven't posted as there has been no need just been reading the back and forth on the threads. The season seems to be getting bigger and bigger as we defy logic and now snowball result into result. So many questions..........

No question however for my man :
I like Jack Redpath
I like his presence
I like that he guards the mark like a SWAT officer
I like that he absolutely destroyes marking packs
I like that he finds the ball, stands up in tackles, even now and then, dishing the handball
I like that he playes angry
I like his ruck work more than TBoyd's
I like his knack of drifting up the wing to offer an option
I like his field kicking

When he learns to kick for goal
everyone will like Jack Redpath

Good post TA , think he has been underated on here!
He has missed a few , but he is a very, very good kick generally so no doubt he will turn that around.

Sack Hinkley?
Hinkleys made a few mistakes, but no a sackable offence yet, what he did do was change the game plan a bit, he has incorporates a more defensive set-up which i think the group has taken some time to adjust to, they have too often been found in no-mans land through bad disposal and bad positioning, the last month has been very good in this regard

I know it's early, but are the front rows of Level 3 around the ground accessible with a General Admission membership? I've been a member for a few years, but I usually go with someone who needs particular seats up the back.
You talking level 3?
Because it's Port Adelaide I'm guessing that only the 2-3 bays on centre wing will be ticketed. This usually only includes the first couple of rows.

I think the WB have the better players and are playing better as a team. The ladder suggests so.
i dont agree, right now port have the better players, in 2 years time that might be a different question. When i watch the bulldogs i see a group of players that are well organized, fit, apply pressure and playing to their strengths. The best thing Bevridge has done is identify the players he has got and have them play to their strengths and form a game plan based on that

i dont agree, right now port have the better players, in 2 years time that might be a different question. When i watch the bulldogs i see a group of players that are well organized, fit, apply pressure and playing to their strengths. The best thing Bevridge has done is identify the players he has got and have them play to their strengths and form a game plan based on that
Haha, fair comment (although it's still a moot point). I was simply pointing out that on the evidence you gave you could (and should) draw a very different conclusion.

In any event, both sides are only as good as their last game. So regardless of form and ladder position we still have to produce the goods this week. Your mob is still a chance at playing finals so they'll have plenty of incentive. Looking forward to this game as both clubs can be very exciting to watch.

I'd like to see Port in the finals, but not at our expense of course. Respect.

Haha, fair comment (although it's still a moot point). I was simply pointing out that on the evidence you gave you could (and should) draw a very different conclusion.

In any event, both sides are only as good as their last game. So regardless of form and ladder position we still have to produce the goods this week. Your mob is still a chance at playing finals so they'll have plenty of incentive. Looking forward to this game as both clubs can be very exciting to watch.

i rated the young players at the bulldogs at the start of the year but i didnt think they would be playing finals. Bont is the next Fyfe/Dangerfield

Don't worry dogwatch, we are targeting Geelong's spot.

I hope the Dogs make the finals, they are good to watch.

I kinda agree Butane but can't possible see how CD gets dropped, specially after last weeks performance. And whilst Hrovat can put up similar or better numbers his decision making and execution are still not where they need to be IMO.... That said if the Rat can come in and have Hunter like success look out!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back