Lecras Darling Hill

Ruck: Natanui Shuey Yeo
Int: Sinclair Sheed Ellis Sub: Newman

What I want to see

Ellis out for Butler
Barass out for Schoey
Mcginnity out for Masten
Bennell out for Wellingham

Of course I doubt this will all happen, depending on where the players are at. Masten back is a sure thing.

Out: McGovern (inj.), Barrass (Omitted), Ellis (Omitted), McGinnity (Omitted), Newman (Omitted)
In: Schofield, Wellingham, Butler, Selwood, Masten

Sub: Selwood

Only reason I see Selwood coming back in is because he is ineligible to play WAFL finals and therefore the MC will want him to get match fitness in case someone goes down. Unfortunately due to experience he is ahead of Lucas, Colledge etc so will be required for the finals.

Edit: Forgot Masten!

Wellers won't play next week. Rosa deserves to stay on, was one of our better players against the Crows.

In: Butler, Schofield, Masten
Out: Bennell, Barrass, McGinnity

Hutchings and Newman to fight it out to stay in when Wellingham comes back.

Selwood has more experience , Newman's time next season most likely .
Ah, the old applying for a job conundrum - 'Experience Required for Position.' Well, he needs the position for that experience. Who would you rather...given their attributes...have come on as sub? Selwood or Newman? The choice is obvious. In either case I think Selwood's papers have been stamped.

Simpson said in his presser that McGovern probably would've stayed on the ground if the stakes were a bit higher and that coming into it he'd missed 4 out of the last 6 weeks so "was never going to play a full game anyway". That comment indicates to me that he wants Gov playing against St Kilda if possible.
The other encouraging thing was that in the vision in the rooms after the game Gov was walking around without any ice on the shoulder. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious.

Last edited:
We need a dress rehearsal for the finals . Put our best fit team in and smash them from the start . If we are dominating we can just cruse the second half .
Saying that I would like to play Newman ahead of MaGinnity as I think Newman may have that X factor that could win us finals .

Out: McGovern (inj.), Barrass (Omitted), Ellis (Omitted), McGinnity (Omitted), Newman (Omitted)
In: Schofield, Wellingham, Butler, Selwood, Masten

Sub: Selwood

Only reason I see Selwood coming back in is because he is ineligible to play WAFL finals and therefore the MC will want him to get match fitness in case someone goes down. Unfortunately due to experience he is ahead of Lucas, Colledge etc so will be required for the finals.

Edit: Forgot Masten!
Selwood can play wall finals until the Eagles season is finished regardless of his qualification

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely think Ellis deserves to be dropped. Had a few lean, fumbly weeks but today he was awful.

OUT: Ellis, McGinnity, Barrass

IN: Butler, Masten, Schofield

Simpson said in his presser that McGovern probably would've stayed on the ground if the stakes were a bit higher and that coming into it he'd missed 4 out of the last 6 weeks so "was never going to play a full game anyway". That comment indicates to me that he wants Gov playing against St Kilda if possible.
The other encouraging thing was that in the vision in the rooms after the game Gov was walking around without any ice on the shoulder. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious.
watched the gov at the airport - he looked to be in a good frame of mind, suspect he is ok.

Changes are clear, our best replace fill ins

Barass will be a star in a year or two IMHO

But our youths could kill the saints so rest the sore.

Then in the finals we have to beat the opposition and the umpires, with a biased media. Not gonna be easy.

Since when?
Since the Eagles, I er mean WAFC, said so..... Another reason this alliance is a crock of s**t......

Best case scenario:

Bennell McGovern Ellis
Hurn Yeo Sheppard
Rosa Hutchings Gaff
LeCras Darling Hill
Cripps Kennedy Sinclair

Naitanui Priddis Shuey

I: Ellis Sheed Hutchings
S: Rosa

E: McGinnity Bennell Newman

- Bennell first in if Wellingham still out
- Barrass in if one or two of Schofield/Gov out
- if 3 of Butler/Wellingham/Scho/Gov are out, then McGinnity in as sub. If 4 out, then Newman a full game - Rosa to play back.
- Ellis could easily be a sub option.

We need a dress rehearsal for the finals . Put our best fit team in and smash them from the start . If we are dominating we can just cruse the second half .
Saying that I would like to play Newman ahead of MaGinnity as I think Newman may have that X factor that could win us finals .

Agree, want Muzza in. Also want Barrass in as it is too risky going in with only one defensive tall, and I think the strain is starting to tell on the likes of Shep, having to play above his weight continuously.
Hopefully, Wellingham is right to go.

IN - Schofield ~ Butler ~ Wellingham ~ Masten
Out - Barrass ~ Bennell ~ McGinnity ~ Ellis

Ellis is in the team as a reliable/experienced player with tidy disposal, i'm yet to see any of that this season.. He's a poor mans Sam Butler at the
moment.

Barrass will be a beauty but just not ready to wrestle one out with 100+kg forwards.( especially while the pressure from the midfield is non-existent)

Bennell is decent, just that Wellingham is better.

McGinnity just doesn't bring enough. His one positive is pressure, and he finished the game with 1 tackle today.. just not good enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back