Changes vs Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Then in the finals we have to beat the opposition and the umpires, with a biased media. Not gonna be easy.

Wtf does a biased media have to do with winning a game of football and we go ok with the umps all things considered

Victim complex in overdrive

Puck our best 22

Wellingham won't play ....I suspect gov will be rested

Masten in .....Mcginnity out
Schofield in ....gov out

Not sure why Wellingham shouldnt play?

He did his ankle in the 1st quarter and ran the game out very well so you would think 1 week would be plenty.

I would think midfielders like gaff, priddis, shuey would be more likely to get a rest.

Surely we wouldn't risk any sore bodies for a game against the Saints ?

It is a must win though..
Depends what line up they have I guess. It's the last game of the year, they will probably want to go hard and gain something just before season ends. We'll get rolled if we don't improve from today. I hope we play a close to full strength team tbh. Do not give the Saints a chance to win.

Simmo seems a very measured logical kind of guy, I still can't see him dropping Ellis though. Hopefully Ellis comes good in September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans will know before bounce down if losing will affect their final placing. Expect a few big names to be pulled if they find themselves in such a predicament. We're not going to be causing much damage come finals if we lose next week though anyway.

Tiges would have to beat Norf by a fair bit to put Sydney's 3rd spot at risk. Swans will win either way though, and I don't see us dropping next week anyway.

Depends what line up they have I guess. It's the last game of the year, they will probably want to go hard and gain something just before season ends. We'll get rolled if we don't improve from today. I hope we play a close to full strength team tbh. Do not give the Saints a chance to win.
We need to win and once the game is in just put our guns on the bench

Best case scenario:

Bennell McGovern Ellis
Hurn Yeo Sheppard
Rosa Hutchings Gaff
LeCras Darling Hill
Cripps Kennedy Sinclair

Naitanui Priddis Shuey

I: Ellis Sheed Hutchings
S: Rosa

E: McGinnity Bennell Newman

- Bennell first in if Wellingham still out
- Barrass in if one or two of Schofield/Gov out
- if 3 of Butler/Wellingham/Scho/Gov are out, then McGinnity in as sub. If 4 out, then Newman a full game - Rosa to play back.
- Ellis could easily be a sub option.

You've named Hutch twice there Suma, which means you'd be in for double the criticism when he misses the odd target and becomes the scapegoat for everyone's anger after a loss. ;)

Gov needs more time on the ground, he looked very rusty. I think he has to play next week.

Agreed 100 per cent. Gov is injury-prone to the extent that it's always going to be a risk to play him. Either way, another week on the sidelines isn't going to help him at this time of the year. And Barrass simply isn't up to it yet.

Not sure why Wellingham shouldnt play?

He did his ankle in the 1st quarter and ran the game out very well so you would think 1 week would be plenty.

I would think midfielders like gaff, priddis, shuey would be more likely to get a rest.
stress fracture in the foot/ankle - doesn't the WA media keep you up to date.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back