Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
You can bet players like Watts and Tyson will get an absolute rocket this week. Roos isn't going to be embarrassed against his old mob through players putting in half-hearted efforts, while Luke Parker concusses himself in a contest and Hannebury runs until his legs fall off.

Yeah I have a good feeling that the Roos will make it clear the boys better be 'up' for this
Watts will certainly be on his last chance

Who plays on Tippett and Franklin?

I think our only change will be Tippett in, Derickx out and LRT to do back up ruck against Pedo so I think it's really important you keep Pederson in your side this week :) Only other change will be if Tom Mitchell has recovered in which case Lloyd last week debutant goes out.

Watts be looking forward to this weeks brutal encounter?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Who plays on Tippett and Franklin?

I think our only change will be Tippett in, Derickx out and LRT to do back up ruck against Pedo so I think it's really important you keep Pederson in your side this week :) Only other change will be if Tom Mitchell has recovered in which case Lloyd last week debutant goes out.

Watts be looking forward to this weeks brutal encounter?

Hopefully Tom Mcdonald will take Buddy and they might risk Pedo on Tippett due to his lack of AFL game time but Wouldnt be surprised to see Garland/Frawley on him

Jack Watts ...lol

He will see what a hard working midfield looks like

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pretty unanimous that Terlich is an out, not surprising. So many of his kicks were shockers, not to mention the decision making that led to those kicks. I'd have Clisby come in for him, who has shown last year that he can chip those little 20-30m kicks around with decent accuracy and not balloon them in the air for every man his dog to thump away.

butters88

Club Legend
Apr 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
McDonald Vince and Grimes?

U R KIDDIN MI
McDonald was a hard one, i tossed up between him and Georgiou to make room for Garland. Thought Bernie Vince was quiet this week though i'm too tight to pay to watch the reply so i may have missed a lot of his game during my Dawes, Hogan, Frawley fantasies. And Grimes was only if Kent was fit, although maybe it should have been Jetta for Kent

Out: Jetta, McKenzie, Terlich, Spencer

In: Jamar, Riley (for McKenzie), Clisby (Terlich), Garland (Jetta)

Outs: Terlich, Pedersen, Georgiou

In: Garland, Strauss, Clisby

Jetta to the sub, Evans to a full game.

Maybe Kent to come in to if fit.
FFS, why would we bring Strauss in? Did he play an outstanding game for Casey? Has he played 3-4 solid games in a row? Does he work for matchups (Sydney's small fwd line :rolleyes:)?

Please explain?

Mijhaa

Team Captain
Sep 19, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nah, easy to judge on the last 5 years. Out.

Again, for how many of those years exactly has he had a GOOD coach with a CLEAR game plan? As Roos said when he came in it was a fresh slate for every player. Jetta was far from our worst player on the weekend, remember a defenders primary objective is still to defend not to rack up big numbers and Jetta did a few good defensive efforts. Not sure why he should be out ahead of others that have been given an extended run at the top level this year and still spudded it up every game.

Theo X

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
East Wedderburn Trugo Club
Again, for how many of those years exactly has he had a GOOD coach with a CLEAR game plan? As Roos said when he came in it was a fresh slate for every player. Jetta was far from our worst player on the weekend, remember a defenders primary objective is still to defend not to rack up big numbers and Jetta did a few good defensive efforts. Not sure why he should be out ahead of others that have been given an extended run at the top level this year and still spudded it up every game.
Please, plenty of other players have shown something in that period under rubbish coaches and rubbish gameplans. Jetta has shown exactly sfa. And I don't think his role in the VFL where he was doing well was just as a shutdown defender, though correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes to both. Also his kicking is about 4 classes above the other players in our backline (barring Dunn).
He has never once brought that kicking to AFL level. He simply can't execute it under the pressure and speed of the top level. Nor is he even average at beating a half decent small or medium fwd. He does not deserve a call up off the back of one half decent game in the VFL. I'd rather see Toump, Salem, Clisby, Harmes or some other.

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2009
Torquay
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jetta whilst I think has no future needs to be given another week. He took a while to pick up the pace of the game and should be better for the run.

Evans on the other hand...

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
McDonald was a hard one, i tossed up between him and Georgiou to make room for Garland. Thought Bernie Vince was quiet this week though i'm too tight to pay to watch the reply so i may have missed a lot of his game during my Dawes, Hogan, Frawley fantasies. And Grimes was only if Kent was fit, although maybe it should have been Jetta for Kent

Vince may have been quiet, but his quiet is still around low to mid 20's in disposals. Kent won't play up back so taking out Grimes to bring him in leaves us 1 decent defender short, and when it comes to making way for Garland then in my opinion i would much rather sacrifice Georgiou rather than McDonald especially when we are up against an experienced Franklin/Tippet forward line.

Mijhaa

Team Captain
Sep 19, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Please, plenty of other players have shown something in that period under rubbish coaches and rubbish gameplans. Jetta has shown exactly sfa. And I don't think his role in the VFL where he was doing well was just as a shutdown defender, though correct me if I'm wrong.

I am not saying Jetta is going to be any good, just deserving of another game under Roos ahead of some of the other spuds in the team that have had an extended chance and shown jack s**t in multiple games this year.

He has never once brought that kicking to AFL level. He simply can't execute it under the pressure and speed of the top level. Nor is he even average at beating a half decent small or medium fwd. He does not deserve a call up off the back of one half decent game in the VFL. I'd rather see Toump, Salem, Clisby, Harmes or some other.
He's been in the best two weeks in a row so it's more than 'one half decent game'. I agree that Clisby deserves a go first, but I'm relatively confident Roos will play Strauss in the next two weeks.

The great thing about playing AFL football with a pub game atmosphere is when you can yell out to players and they can hear you.

One notable moment was our own Neville 'The Jet' Jetta (sadly, minus Benny after that superstar at WCE was given the flick) giving up an easy mark and standing flat footed on the spot 40 metres from goal. His half hearted double-handed wave, despite lasting 3 seconds, was enough to show me that he heard me rise and yell 'PUT YOUR ******* ARMS UP NEVILLE JETTA'.

Yes to both. Also his kicking is about 4 classes above the other players in our backline (barring Dunn).
It was in his draft year mate, but he just hasn't shown it in his career so far. A lower pick who hadn't broken his leg wouldn't have lasted 3 seasons IMO. By all means give him a crack if this theory about players becoming half-decent under Roosy is true, but that's only to put the debate to bed when he shows he isn't good enough.

It was in his draft year mate, but he just hasn't shown it in his career so far. A lower pick who hadn't broken his leg wouldn't have lasted 3 seasons IMO. By all means give him a crack if this theory about players becoming half-decent under Roosy is true, but that's only to put the debate to bed when he shows he isn't good enough.
Not saying he's guaranteed to be a star by any means but I do think all the players deserve a clean slate under Roos, and he'll pick him if he thinks his form/training is good enough. Strauss fills a need for us as well with his kicking, which from all reports was very good in the VFL, and he can't do much more than that until he gets a chance to play in the senior team. He's one of those players who if we see improvement from will be testament to the positive influence Roos can have on talented players we've developed pretty poorly. If he's knocking down the door with his VFL form it'd be silly to not play him all year and then just delist him when he's still fairly young and is a type of player we need. Might as well find out if he can cut it. Last chance saloon, I say.

FFS, why would we bring Strauss in? Did he play an outstanding game for Casey? Has he played 3-4 solid games in a row? Does he work for matchups (Sydney's small fwd line :rolleyes:)?

Please explain?

He gives us run and carry, he's had a couple of good games for Casey - was 2nd or 3rd best on the weekend, think he should be given a shot to prove himself under Roosy.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think Roos likes Evans as the sub. I would like to see more of Kent so he's in probably for Jetta. Terlich has ran his race I feel, I haven't been following Casey, from what I have seen of clisby and from what I have read in this thread and previous threads then Clisby is in for Terlich. I have faith in the big footy community.:drunk::p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back